Mourning stupidity

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    We all know whats going on and the size of the event snd the historical context.

Its just that some of us #don'tgiveashit

i won't be watching. I may Zwift or just pick my nose/scratch my backside in peace. I think I've done enough for her to have earned a day off.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

#priorities
  • MattFalle
    edited September 2022
    sungod said:

sungod said:

So the biggest gathering of world leaders EVER.
    And most of you lot think it's a trivial waste of time.

classic straw man argument

you'll need to show evidence for it being the biggest gathering ever, the loathsome scum duo of
    Sky News have stated that it is the biggest gathering of world leaders ever.
    Just because 2 leaders aren't there doesn't mean it isn't.
    ah, sky news, well known bastion of truth

up there with Fox and GB News, no,?
  • MattFalle
    edited September 2022

good to see you're supporting this fella getting on a worldwide stage.....

#cracking

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/18/bolsonaro-uses-visit-to-london-for-queens-funeral-as-election-soapbox

you do realise that a load of them aren't actully here for Betty?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    Biden here for the funeral but not meeting with Truss until Wednesday at the UN.
    https://theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/18/prime-minister-trusss-first-big-diplomatic-meeting-cancelled-joe-biden
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,876

They’ll be flying over first class or on private jets, staying in embassy accommodation and getting on with some work before spending a few hours in relative comfort sat at the cathedral. It’s not quite the same as queuing for 14 hours or so overnight in temperatures that have dropped a fair bit in the past week.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,103
    edited September 2022
    Ha, the minute's silence at 8pm totally passed me by, and only since has a friend's gnomic FB post made sense. As it happened, I was indoors anyway, with no music on, but quite glad I was unaware of this communal silence.

Weather looks glorious in the morning for a ride. I'll be riding up to see a friend who whacked her head on a gravestone two months ago, and is just starting her post-concussion syndrome journey, and is really suffering. I'd rather bo doing something for the living, than mourning someone I didn't know who lived a full and well-funded life, however historic and interesting their time on the planet.

Still intrigued how few reports actually reference the Queen's death as such. Are we living in fairyland?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    DB - what effect on the world do you think tomorrow will have?

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • So, the morning of Monday 19th….. I was supposed to be going back to work today after 7 weeks sick leave but for some strange reason they told me not to bother until Tuesday.

Instead… well I’ve fed six cats including the neighbour's moggy who just likes extra food, cleaned my ears of wax (quite a long job). Next up there is some dirt between my toes from yesterdays muddy walk that’ll need removing and then, the worst job of all…some fluff lurking in my belly button to remove.

After that, I’ve got my first 50k ride since my operation planned and then a shower and a nice sit down to watch the end of series 7 of House…again.

Rain seems like it may stay away so today could be a good day. Can’t think of anything else I could be doing instead.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,924
    dabber said:

Biden here for the funeral but not meeting with Truss until Wednesday at the UN.
    https://theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/18/prime-minister-trusss-first-big-diplomatic-meeting-cancelled-joe-biden

Strict rules about not talking shop at the funeral.
  • essexian said:

So, the morning of Monday 19th….. I was supposed to be going back to work today after 7 weeks sick leave but for some strange reason they told me not to bother until Tuesday.

Instead… well I’ve fed six cats including the neighbour's moggy who just likes extra food, cleaned my ears of wax (quite a long job). Next up there is some dirt between my toes from yesterdays muddy walk that’ll need removing and then, the worst job of all…some fluff lurking in my belly button to remove.

After that, I’ve got my first 50k ride since my operation planned and then a shower and a nice sit down to watch the end of series 7 of House…again.

Rain seems like it may stay away so today could be a good day. Can’t think of anything else I could be doing instead.

I can only assume someone has flagged this because you mentioned cleaning your own ears of wax.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

essexian said:

So, the morning of Monday 19th….. I was supposed to be going back to work today after 7 weeks sick leave but for some strange reason they told me not to bother until Tuesday.

I can only assume someone has flagged this because you mentioned cleaning your own ears of wax.
    It’s peak cliqueism flagging a post from a non-regular.
    I mean, if anybody is fussed about relation to topic, there’s about a million other posts to flag.
  • morstar said:

essexian said:

I mean, if anybody is fussed about relation to topic, there’s about a million other posts to flag.
    How do you know who flagged it and why?
  • ddraver
    edited September 2022
    There's always a short fall of evidence in these situations...

Jealous of all of you with free time today. Looks like a great day for a ride. I have to use this as a day to catch up on stuff so will be listening in the background to, no doubt, hear the abbey choir smash it out of the....abbey.

I'm assuming I vow to thee my country will make an appearance too given that it's a such a stand up banger!
    - @ddraver
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,344

morstar said:

essexian said:

He means the person who got flagged is a non regular
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,359
    edited September 2022
    pangolin said:

morstar said:

essexian said:

Yes, i understood that. Then decided it was flagged by a regular because it was off topic. Seems unlikely to me.

Not that flagging actually does anything, so not worth being concerned about.
  • ddraver
    Bagpipes have their uses you know...

Choir exactly as epic as I had expected. That first chord was 👌
    - @ddraver
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

pangolin said:

morstar said:

essexian said:

Yes, i understood that. Then decided it was flagged by a regular because it was off topic. Seems unlikely to me.

I made an assumption.
    Forum usage is quite a narrow group.
    Relatively unknown poster contributed.
    Got flagged.

Yes, I’ve gone 2+2 = 5 but the odds of me being correct are still high.

Whatever the exact circumstances, it’s the sort of thing that ensures the total demise of the forum (not that it isn’t inevitable anyway).

When it does die I will lose an outlet I like. FB groups and Twitter are just bile central.
  • ddraver
    This woman is knocking this out of the park. No pressure Liz!
    - @ddraver
  • MattFalle
    ddraver said:

This woman is knocking this out of the park. No pressure Liz!

bet de pffeffel is gutted it wasn't him. Carrie has a lot of ego fluffing to do....
  • ddraver
    Got to hand it to ol' Archbish too. He's getting this spot on...

BBC need to take notes.
    - @ddraver
  • morstar said:

pangolin said:

morstar said:

essexian said:

I made an assumption.
    Forum usage is quite a narrow group.
    Relatively unknown poster contributed.
    Got flagged.

Yes, I’ve gone 2+2 = 5 but the odds of me being correct are still high.

Whatever the exact circumstances, it’s the sort of thing that ensures the total demise of the forum (not that it isn’t inevitable anyway).

When it does die I will lose an outlet I like. FB groups and Twitter are just bile central.
    What might help is ignoring flags. Who cares?
  • Richmond park not empty, but fewer cars. Nice.
  • I've no idea why that post got flagged but I really doubt it's because they aren't a local.

Looking forwards to tomorrow when this Queen stuff is finally over - I guess for those invested in it it'll be like the end of the Tour except instead of when is the Vuelta it'll be when is the Coronation.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,344

I've no idea why that post got flagged but I really doubt it's because they aren't a local.

Looking forwards to tomorrow when this Queen stuff is finally over - I guess for those invested in it it'll be like the end of the Tour except instead of when is the Vuelta it'll be when is the Coronation.

Admirable optimism DV
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • ddraver
    This must be the moment you spend your life preparing for if you're a bass brass player...

Finally, the attention is on you for once!!
    - @ddraver
  • MattFalle
    Thats a lot of sand to clear up....