Le Tour de Femmes, race chat

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Quite like the Spiderman team. Ceratizit–WNT I think.

It's an old Skool look
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Stressed peloton
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Kepecky takes the second intermediate sprint.

Coming up next - the world's most hilariously overgraded Cat 4.
  • mididoctors
    Vos not contesting
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    It's taken me ages to find a profile for today's climb, but I finally found one. Think they might have stretched the vertical axis to make it look more difficult than it actually is.

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Femke Markus took the "Cat 4" and will wear the polka dots tomorrow.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Alana Castrique out after a crash in the peloton. Didn't look like much created it - just a bit of bunching in the group (maybe a slight narrowing in the road?) and a touch of wheels. Someone else's head bounced quite badly off the road too, Majerus, maybe? Another rider was caught up too, so might not have been her.
  • mididoctors

Alana Castrique out after a crash in the peloton. Didn't look like much created it - just a bit of bunching in the group (maybe a slight narrowing in the road?) and a touch of wheels. Someone else's head bounced quite badly off the road too, Majerus, maybe? Another rider was caught up too, so might not have been her.

Correct thread
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,533
    It's been a long hard tour, and just the slightest lapse of concentration can cause a crash between threads
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133
    It's ludicrous having a KOM on the stage, hardly helps the race being taken seriously.

Rider who went down in the crash last lap looking quite badly hurt. Seemed to land hard on her bum so potentially coccyx injury?
  • mididoctors
    She's holding on ...crash
  • mididoctors
    She looks hurt
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Pross said:

It's ludicrous having a KOM on the stage, hardly helps the race being taken seriously.

Rider who went down in the crash last lap looking quite badly hurt. Seemed to land hard on her bum so potentially coccyx injury?

Problem is that they need to sort the jersey out somehow, I guess? Wish they'd found a smarter way to do it though - as you say, it's a bit farcical.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

I think adding action/rewards encourages riders to attack which is lacking in the ladies peloton often
  • mididoctors
    She's dying
  • mididoctors
    Vos struggling for position
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2022
    Unexpected winer... apparently not
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    They shouldn't have let Anna Henderson's dad man the side-on camera
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,533
    Vos bossed.
    The Jumbo-Visma dominance is over
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Wiebes takes it after a fairly long sprint - had to overhaul Vos having got blocked in a little bit down the opposite side - it suddenly opened up and let her free just in time.
  • Pross

Pross said:

Problem is that they need to sort the jersey out somehow, I guess? Wish they'd found a smarter way to do it though - as you say, it's a bit farcical.
    You don't necessarily need to award a KoM on the first stage but if they did they could have used part of the start of the men's stage that includes a 4th cat climb.
  • Pross
    At least JV aren't dominating this race (yet!).
  • mididoctors
    Was ok for a crit .
  • Pross

Wiebes takes it after a fairly long sprint - had to overhaul Vos having got blocked in a little bit down the opposite side - it suddenly opened up and let her free just in time.

Wiebes' back wheel was kicking all over the place.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,659
    Good sprint.

Best two sprinters against each other.

Fair play Wiebes

Anna Henderson deserves far more recognition. She's a super teamate as well as being dish dash's training partner...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Quite enjoying the post race ability to drag some riders in for a chat here. Orla appears to be having a whale of a time presenting.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581

Quite enjoying the post race ability to drag some riders in for a chat here. Orla appears to be having a whale of a time presenting.

100%

Great vibe grom the riders
  • Pross
    Feels a bit different to modern men's racing where the riders get rushed off by team staff and chucked on the turbo trainers to warm down.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    edited July 2022
    Wiebes vs Vos again tomorrow?
    It's pretty much the same profile, right up until the end.
    I think Vos might turn the tables as it's an uphill kick. (1km at 2.5%)

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,659
    (this is why I don't work in media). As much as I am fully behind this and very pleased it's happening finally, I'm getting a bit annoyed at all the "historic" boosterism.

Partly because it's not actually the first time, but mostly because it's about 20 years too late to be "historic"
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver