Tourist Trophy

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    edited June 2022

pinno said:

I was just taking a pi$$ and I had this brilliant idea: rubber lamp posts.

Trebor- Mr Soft?

Oh yeah - I remember that.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    The problem with Zebra crossings is that the Button is too high for Hedgehogs.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,145
    rjsterry said:

Pross said:

Only problem I have with rabbit is that there's not much on them and it is a bit streaky. Hare is delicious.

When I was a kid we had shops with rabbit, pheasant etc. hanging up outside but I guess the EU food safety Gestapo put an end to that. Had a proper fishmonger too, now only see them in a few markets or supermarkets.

Nothing to do with the EU. I think you were closer with the bit in bold. Plus you get a lot more meat per carcass with chicken.
    Everything is the EU's fault, don't you know that yet? JRM will have us peasants back eating rabbit soon (as long as we don't take it from the squire's land).
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787

In normal sports, a death or a serious injury facilitates change or at least a discussion on how to change things.

It's remarkable this sport does not seem to want to do that.

Imagine 5 deaths in a single TDF
    pinno said:

Can zebras reach?
  • pinno
    mrb123 said:

In normal sports, a death or a serious injury facilitates change or at least a discussion on how to change things.

pinno said:

Can zebras reach?
    Well, that's another issue: the button is too small for Zebra Hoofs.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,509
    pinno said:

mrb123 said:

pinno said:

Can zebras reach?

I think you're talking about pelicans crossing... zebras don't have buttons to press...
  • Pross

pinno said:

mrb123 said:

pinno said:

Can zebras reach?

I think you're talking about pelicans crossing... zebras don't have buttons to press...
    Or puffin or toucan (no 'imaginative' person at the DfT / TRL or whoever comes up with these has found a suitable bird based acronym for a couple of decades now). Ironically, if riding a zebra you wouldn't be allowed to use a zebra crossing, you would need a Pegasus crossing so you would have to get off and lead it across.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,878
    edited June 2022
    Toucan isn't an acronym, i'm not sure what you would call it - possibly some kind of pun?

I would be very careful crossing a zebra crossing with a zebra - they wouldn't be very visible to cars, but probably quite safe from lion attacks.
  • pinno
    monkimark said:

Toucan isn't an acronym, i'm not sure what you would call it - possibly some kind of pun?

I would be very careful crossing a zebra crossing with a zebra - they wouldn't be very visible to cars, but probably quite safe from lion attacks.

That would require a risk assessment dependent on geography.
    If the Zebra crossing was in the middle of Wolverhampton then the risk of being hit by un unsuspecting car is greater than the risk of lion attack.
    Whereas, if the crossing was in the middle of the Serengeti...
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,664
    pinno said:

monkimark said:

That would require a risk assessment dependent on geography.
    If the Zebra crossing was in the middle of Wolverhampton then the risk of being hit by un unsuspecting car is greater than the risk of lion attack.
    Whereas, if the crossing was in the middle of the Serengeti...
    ....... then the risk of being hit by a Supersport TT doing 150mph is greater than the risk of lion attack... ;)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    Can I have a bit of whatever you lot have been smoking? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • monkimark
    pinno said:

What about wolves?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Squirrels should be banned from using the roads. There's a very high number that are suicidal, and the suicide season for them seems to have arrived early this year.

They're experts at using telephone wires and electricity cables so should stick to their high wire acts, and stay away from the tarmac.
  • Pross
    monkimark said:

Yeah Toucan was just desperation to keep the bird theme going (two can cross). I couldn't think of a suitable phrase either (other than shite).
  • Pross

Squirrels should be banned from using the roads. There's a very high number that are suicidal, and the suicide season for them seems to have arrived early this year.

They're experts at using telephone wires and electricity cables so should stick to their high wire acts, and stay away from the tarmac.

I love the way they can't decide which safe route to take and after scurrying around in various directions eventually opt for running under the wheels
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,509
    Pross said:

I love the way they can't decide which safe route to take and after scurrying around in various directions eventually opt for running under the wheels

Since we're on squirrels and cats, in various places... this is a slow burn, but the dénouement is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqJqZ12cEd0
  • Pross
    Stevo_666 said:

Can I have a bit of whatever you lot have been smoking? :)

You might into a liberal leftie if you did.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,897
    Is being high on the herb and eating horse a Lib Dem thing?
  • monkimark
    Does that mean Tories eat herbs while high on horse?
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,897
    monkimark said:

Does that mean Tories eat herbs while high on horse?

Probably.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Right, gen up eyebrows.

Why do people eat horse and not donkey or mule?

Surely they will taste the same.

#culinaryintrigue
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    And why is it socially acceptable to eat pork, lamb and beef and not otter?

All are plentiful, all are meaty.
  • monkimark
    https://allthingssicilianandmore.com/tag/donkey-meat/

Otters would be tricky to catch I reckon.

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    edited June 2022
    MattFalle said:

Google says otter is a Native American delicacy and tastes like roast pork, but they're nowhere near plentiful enough in this country to be a reliable food source.

Donkey burgers are popular in China.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MattFalle
    edited June 2022
    monkimark said:

https://allthingssicilianandmore.com/tag/donkey-meat/

Otters would be tricky to catch I reckon.

Grazie!

Be easy catch if you used a massive net on a long stick i reckon.
  • MattFalle
    rjsterry said:

MattFalle said:

Google says otter is a Native American delicacy and tastes like roast pork, but they're nowhere near plentiful enough in this country to be a reliable food source.

Donkey burgers are popular in China.
    Grazie anche a lei!

But if you farmed otters it may be a winner: tasty, i'm presuming nutritious, small so you can get loads in a field so not enviromentally unfriendly like farming beef cattle but still give them loads of room to hang out and chill........
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Why don’t we eat humans, there’s plenty around that if they were used for food. They then might have actually contributed something for the good of society.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    webboo said:

Why don’t we eat humans, there’s plenty around that if they were used for food. They then might have actually contributed something for the good of society.

Massively decreases life expectancy of a society, through the wrong incentives and pathogen transmission.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I thought we had that already.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    webboo said:

Too fatty.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS