Is it ever ok to wear a fake watch?

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Getting back to the original purpose of the thread, I’m wearing it today. I feel dirty.

nah.

by tomorrow you'll be fine with it.

much like the nuclear apocalypse episode, you're overthinking it my son.
    I didn’t say that feeling dirty was a bad thing ;)
    Depends who 'dirty' is I guess.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

A Seiko is all the watch you need really. Nice little history in the movies helps with the cool factor. Captain Willard wears the Seiko turtle Apocalypse Now.

Yes, I think they are great watches. Had a vague memory of that, good reason to watch Apocalypse Now again, haven't seen it for years!
    our watches are mega. far better than all this shiteveryone else here is wearing.
    You need a horological f@nnymagnet though. Break open that piggy bank.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

A Seiko is all the watch you need really. Nice little history in the movies helps with the cool factor. Captain Willard wears the Seiko turtle Apocalypse Now.

Yes, I think they are great watches. Had a vague memory of that, good reason to watch Apocalypse Now again, haven't seen it for years!
    our watches are mega. far better than all this shiteveryone else here is wearing.
    You need a horological f@nnymagnet though. Break open that piggy bank.
    not made of money, me....

anyhow, who needs watches when you can dance as well as me?

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Looking at Heuer Carrera in the watch shop at Gatwick, assistant asked if I'd like to try one on. "You must be joking" says I, "they're far too nice". "Why do you think I asked" he replied, laughing. I ran away at that point as I can't spend a couple of grand on a watch.
  • MattFalle

Looking at Heuer Carrera in the watch shop at Gatwick, assistant asked if I'd like to try one on. "You must be joking" says I, "they're far too nice". "Why do you think I asked" he replied, laughing. I ran away at that point as I can't spend a couple of grand on a watch.

yeah you can. don't be tight. crack open the piggy bank.
  • MattFalle
    Just been reading up on that Ball Deepquest.

doesn't actually do anything the mighty Seiko does and you'd look a total belter when someone asks you if ypu've dived to 3,000m metres recently.

Rather have a Seiko, a full SR mechanical groupset and some alobe time with a ho and a stack of blow.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Getting back to the original purpose of the thread, I’m wearing it today. I feel dirty.

feeling dirty?

#wankitout
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

feeling dirty?

#wankitout
    So I've always wondered MF, if you are staying in barracks, how does that work?

The only time I've stayed in one, I recall it being quite intimate. Bloke in the bed below me could probably have pitched in.

Answered my own question, haven't I.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Just been reading up on that Ball Deepquest.

doesn't actually do anything the mighty Seiko does and you'd look a total belter when someone asks you if ypu've dived to 3,000m metres recently.

Rather have a Seiko, a full SR mechanical groupset and some alobe time with a ho and a stack of blow.

It's good for making the laydeez blush though, when you say it's your Ball-deep quest :)

And quite cool as they make the case from a single block of Titanium - there's no case back to unscrew.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

feeling dirty?

#wankitout
    So I've always wondered MF, if you are staying in barracks, how does that work?

The only time I've stayed in one, I recall it being quite intimate. Bloke in the bed below me could probably have pitched in.

Answered my own question, haven't I.
    depends on rank, size of room, where you, all that jazz. no pun intended.

Seniors/Officers' mess is one man room.

all the new phase 3 accomodation is single rooms en suite.

juniors - 4 or 2 man rooms.

but there are always showers, toilets, trucks, cars, garages, etc.

you could even meet someone who lives off camp and go to their crib.

essentially its like living like a teenager or halls of residence. its only in basic training that its a bitshit.

its the Navy lot who will have difficulty finding privacy, however, always watch out for ladders, pens and binoculars if there is a particularly boring watch tower.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
    Senior officers mess. Ha ha.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,558
    edited March 2022
  • MattFalle

Seniors & Officers.....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,324

The OAP one's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Not fake, but wandering past the Swatch shop in Verona saw these in the window, surely they've all sold out...

Yep, display only

• Not fake, but wandering past the Swatch shop in Verona saw these in the window, surely they've all sold out...

Apparently, Omega have announced they will become part of full scale production and readily available in the coming months, no limited runs or holding back supply.

It will be interesting to see if this pans out.
  • veronese68

Not fake, but wandering past the Swatch shop in Verona saw these in the window, surely they've all sold out...

Apparently, Omega have announced they will become part of full scale production and readily available in the coming months, no limited runs or holding back supply.

It will be interesting to see if this pans out.
    They actually looked really good, bargain at that price.
  • Stevo_666
    The hype around the Omegaswatch is going strong. There was one up on Fleabay the other day for $10k...
  • MattFalle
    whst are the omegaswatch things?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited March 2022
    Omega Swatch. See earlier photos.

Swatch announced yesterday that there is no intention to make this a limited edition, so if you can wait, you will get one.

I am tempted!
  • MattFalle
    So its an Omega in funky colours made by Swatch?

https://www.designboom.com/design/omega-swatch-bioceramic-moonswatch-03-28-2022/

look well cool. #tempted
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

https://www.designboom.com/design/omega-swatch-bioceramic-moonswatch-03-28-2022/

look well cool. #tempted

It's either a plastic Omega or a Swatch that looks like an Omega Speedmaster. Either way, no way for me. Can see why its making waves though.
  • MattFalle
    oh - thought it was metal.

plastic watch for £250? stuff that

I'm with Stevo.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    MattFalle said:

I'm with Stevo.

How much do we pay for plastic bikes these days. :'(
  • MattFalle
    webboo said:

MattFalle said:

I'm with Stevo.

How much do we pay for plastic bikes these days. :'(
    far too much my friend, far too much.

• Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

I'm with Stevo.

Tell a lie - apparently its some weird mix of ceramic and castor oil based plastic. Looks like plastic. Quartz movement, not mechanical. To quote the Dragons Den: I'm not investing, I'm out.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    MattFalle said:

look well cool. #tempted

swatch group own umpteen brands, including omega

they also own eta which makes movements used by many others
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Many tag movements are ETA or ETA based, as far as I am aware.
  • Stevo_666
    ETAs get everywhere - quite a few of mine have them. Perfectly good movements.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,202
    Clearing the daft draft.