S*** Small Races Thread - 2022

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pross said:

Chucked ES player on and had a choice of Slovenia, Belgium or Switzerland and couldn't decide what to watch. Opted for Slovenia as it is scheduled to finish first, turned on, got Kirby so now switching to Belgium.

Same here. Even the beautiful scenery can’t distract from the annoyance that is Kirby.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    Pog and majka up the road with novak, mohoric about 30 seconds back. Just about to start the last climb, looking good for the tour of pog.
  • kingstongraham
    Mohoric now a minute back and looking cooked.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Mohoric now a minute back and looking cooked.

It's 30+ degrees. I think they're all looking cooked! It looks lovely for a gentle bimble, less so for racing.
  • kingstongraham
    Majka has the last of the uae attacks against Novak about 1.2km out, and takes the win. Pog third.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,146
    Worst ever camera angle for a sprint finish at the Tour of Belgium, direct head on shot that made it impossible to tell if Pedersen had got past Philipsen (he actually won comfortably by a few bike lengths and one or two others also got past).
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,146
    Wellens was second Philipsen held on for third.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Just watched Slovenia on catch-up. Pogacar has this ability to make races boringly predictable, but quite exciting at the same time. Yes I know that doesn't really make sense...
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Was Ventoux challenge on tv anywhere does anyone know ? TIA
  • kingstongraham

Was Ventoux challenge on tv anywhere does anyone know ? TIA

Was on the L'Equipe website, not on TV in the UK. Might be available to catchup on tiz. Was an impressive performance.
  • kingstongraham
    Groenewegen takes a messy sprint in Slovenia. Taminiaux and Ackermann second and third.
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825
    Maybe hauling his @ss around the Dauphine wasn't a complete waste of time then.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,809
    He had barely any competition tbf

Tim Merlier had been put out the back and Ackerman isn't the sprinter he used to be
  • kingstongraham
    Peloton in many small pieces in Slovenia with 65km to go.
  • kingstongraham
    edited June 2022
    Peloton now back together, UAE on the front, look like they want to catch the three man break before the next climb. 5km at 7.7% is enough to break it all apart again.

The timegaps on the screen are all over the place. Suddenly had the break at 3 seconds, when there's about a km between them and the peloton.
  • kingstongraham
    Pog goes on the climb, with Majka again. Novak and Mohoric can't go with them this time.
  • kingstongraham
    Sketchy descent on a wet road - someone's been off, someone else stayed up after going off road, Pog had a wobble - not going at top speed down this.
  • kingstongraham
    Conci does well to get back to the front top, but Pog takes the win on the climb to the line with Majka second.
  • seanoconn
    Where are you watching tour of Slovenia KG?

GCN we’re showing it live but don’t seem to be currently.
  • kingstongraham
    seanoconn said:

It finished an hour ago.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

It finished an hour ago.
    Where ‘were’ you watching it?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

It finished an hour ago.
    Where ‘were’ you watching it?
    It was on Eurosport
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kingstongraham
    Yeah, Eurosport player. Think it was on Eurosport telly too.
  • RichN95.

Yeah, Eurosport player. Think it was on Eurosport telly too.

Yeah, I watched the telly
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    What's going on in u23 Giro? Does it need someone to win by 5 minutes for it to get coverage?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    Van Eetvelt (lotto), who was third on GC,won the stage by 1.16 ahead of Lenny Martinez (FdJ) who was 7th and 2.45 Lecerf (Lotto) who was 5th. Hayter then came in 2.51 down.

So Hayter leads by 2.55 from Van Eetvelt. Martinez is third at 5.30. The last stage is mostly flat with an uphill sprint
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,447
    According to a short interview with Hayter on the race organisation instagram, he decided to ride at his pace and defend rather than follow the attacks and risk blowing up.
  • RichN95.
    Was the heat at Route d'Occitanie really that bad? I'm asking because I'm going to the region tomorrow
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    edited June 2022
    My brother is in the region. 40+ today but forecast to drop to 30+ tomorrow he said. So more like August temperatures than June. Too hot to do anything today.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    RichN95. said:

Was the heat at Route d'Occitanie really that bad? I'm asking because I'm going to the region tomorrow

Spain was 43 in parts ... I was surprised about the reduced stage though
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm