Cars, cars, cars...

Comments

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    edited October 2021

Now this is cool, and is in keeping with the Brexit depravity, mad max induced blonde ambition vibe. Greta wouldn't be happy, but bygones.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Really cool people drive sh!t cheap cars as they know cars are about as uncool as it gets, and only other uncool people think they are cool. B)

;);)

nah fam - there's having a cool shite car and theres having a shite car.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • focuszing723
    edited October 2021

• focuszing723

Ahh yes.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738

Ahh yes.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Now this is cool, and is in keeping with the Brexit depravity, mad max induced blonde ambition vibe. Greta wouldn't be happy, but bygones.

I would say its the opposite of cool.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh

Again shit/not cool.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,423

How do you get anything inside when you need to go somewhere?

We couldn't even get a pram in the back without folding the seats down (both fold at once) - then you can't get a child seat in!

When we had our kids for the first 2 years we had a Golf (with a roofbox) and we managed to go camping with a decent sized tent and all the ancillaries. Yes, we had to get a very cheap, very small, folding buggy for the youngest just for such trips as out Phil & Ted's was just too large to fit at all. The cheap buggy folded up like a large umbrella with wheels that went on top of the sleeping bags stuffed into the footwells behind the front seats.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• elbowloh
    oxoman said:

elbowloh said:

Maybe not so cool, but it would be useful for removing insulate Britain idiots off the road.
    Which is far more illegal than what the protestors are doing. I imagine its not road legal either... ;)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Was in Houston a couple of years ago before heading out to the jungle and came upon a small car show in a car park where this was.

Tuned Corvette engine in it......

• MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

oxoman said:

elbowloh said:

Maybe not so cool, but it would be useful for removing insulate Britain idiots off the road.
    Which is far more illegal than what the protestors are doing. I imagine its not road legal either... ;)
    stop being such a square.

its mega.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

oxoman said:

elbowloh said:

stop being such a square.

its mega.
    Its really not
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Really cool people drive sh!t cheap cars as they know cars are about as uncool as it gets, and only other uncool people think they are cool. B)

;);)

That is very much a London thing
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Look at Top Gear and tell me cars are cool.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805

Some presenters are cool, some are not. Some cars are cool, some are not.
    People's definition of what is cool varies. Some people don't care about cool.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    pblakeney said:

Jules would beg to differ. Just be like Fonzie. What's Fonzie like?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646

Bit out of date, no?

Fast cars are cool. Always have been. Always will be. Who doesn't want to be a racing driver when they grow up?
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744

Really cool people drive sh!t cheap cars as they know cars are about as uncool as it gets, and only other uncool people think they are cool. B)

;);)

You've got a censored car haven't you?
    Ha yes, totally. 2015 0.9L polo.

I'm with Rick on this - though I'm not sure I'd class a 2015 Polo as a sh!t car quite yet - until our last two I'd never spent more than £2k on a car in my life and I've had a couple for £50 (each - not the pair).
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,932

Bit out of date, no?

Fast cars are cool. Always have been. Always will be. Who doesn't want to be a racing driver when they grow up?

Me. Though still hoping not to grow up. I blow raspberries for a living (and teach other people to), and ride bikes.
  • First.Aspect

Bit out of date, no?

Me. Though still hoping not to grow up. I blow raspberries for a living (and teach other people to), and ride bikes.
    This is inconceivable. You didn't HAVE to want to be Nigel Mansell you know. You could have wanted to be Stirling Moss or James Hunt.
  • briantrumpet

Bit out of date, no?

This is inconceivable. You didn't HAVE to want to be Nigel Mansell you know. You could have wanted to be Stirling Moss or James Hunt.

Might have been something to do with my dad hating driving and never having owned a car (though he could drive, and taught me). I don't dislike it to the same extent, but cars are just useful things in some circumstances. Sorry to break it to you...
  • First.Aspect

Bit out of date, no?

Might have been something to do with my dad hating driving and never having owned a car (though he could drive, and taught me). I don't dislike it to the same extent, but cars are just useful things in some circumstances. Sorry to break it to you...
    Were you more of a "want to be an astronaut," type of a guy?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    orraloon said:

pblakeney said:

Jules would beg to differ. Just be like Fonzie. What's Fonzie like?
    For every Fonzie there is a Potsie. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • briantrumpet

Bit out of date, no?

Were you more of a "want to be an astronaut," type of a guy?

I just wanted to play the trumpet. I leave the astronaut stuff to 90yo's like William Shatner.
  • elbowloh
    Nah, never wanted to be a racing driver either. I delayed learning to drive until I had to for work as I really didn't want the responsibility. I've always been very acutely aware of just how easy it is to kill someone in a car.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • First.Aspect
    Unbelievable.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560

;);)

You've got a censored car haven't you?
    How did you guess? :D

Life's too short to drive around in a shit car.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560

Drive a really good car yourself then tell us what you think.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694

Unbelievable.

The things you say
    Your purple prose just give you away
    The things you say
    You're unbelievable

😉
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Nah, never wanted to be a racing driver either. I delayed learning to drive until I had to for work as I really didn't want the responsibility. I've always been very acutely aware of just how easy it is to kill someone in a car.

i have a drawer full of knives in the kitchen but I've always eaten.

So you're saying that you put off driving because you were scared of killing someone?