Tour of Britain "it doesn't come past my house" thread

Comments

• I'm nipping into Warrington this afternoon, looks like a strong possibility of getting wet...

Yeah not the nicest of days for a bike ride in Cheshire today. Hot and wet
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I rode into Oxford Road to get the train out to the office (Birchwood) - very sweaty. I thought it was going to break overnight but it's still very sticky.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Weird... it's been miserable down here the last 2 days...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver said:

Yeah, but you pretty much live in the Atlantic
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff
    ddraver said:

Hot and sunny, 28+ degrees here. Was still 26 degrees at 6.30 when I went out on the club ride last night... But it felt worse as it's so humid.

Apparently we'll have thunderstorms later. Rain tomorrow - looks like it'll affect the cricket - then dry Saturday when I will be at Old Trafford probably drinking a million beers.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Its down to 19 degrees here after being 28 the last two days. Thunderstorms last night have cooled things down.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    edited September 2021
    *grumble grumble*

I'm having my hand operated on tomorrow so I'm kinda hoping it stays damp and miserable. I'd have liked a nice "one last ride"* today though

*(it's nothing, just going to be a break from the bike)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    Average pace so far, are we above or behind the roadbook average pace? Debating when I can leave the office :smile:
  • I just don't understand how people can concentrate on the futile pursuit of the quickest peddler, when there are kittens dying?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,893
    Hot and humid
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

I just don't understand how people can concentrate on the futile pursuit of the quickest peddler, when there are kittens dying?

I complained to offcom during the tour.. may do again ... Funerals and charities should be banned 🚫
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Iconic British climbs
  • mididoctors
    Jake Scott legs must feel like they are on fire
  • mididoctors
    ddraver said:

*grumble grumble*

I'm having my hand operated on tomorrow so I'm kinda hoping it stays damp and miserable. I'd have liked a nice "one last ride"* today though

*(it's nothing, just going to be a break from the bike)

Living death
  • mididoctors
    If you want to complain about the charity and funeral ads https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

I made one just now . Think I will everyday
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,788
    What's the problem with them?
  • mididoctors
    Funeral saving plans adverts are predatory stress inducing . damages mental health by deliberately creating stress. Now you can have peace of mind about s41t you didn't worry about untill we put the idea in your head ..
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2021
    Charity is no substitute for social justice ...my other bugbear
  • mididoctors
    Dropping dead? ...free phone 0800 scare you s51tless
  • mididoctors
    Skittish roads rain coming in
  • mididoctors
    I hate disc brakes screech
  • mididoctors
    And another thing ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,641

I just don't understand how people can concentrate on the futile pursuit of the quickest peddler, when there are kittens dying?

I complained to offcom during the tour.. may do again ... Funerals and charities should be banned 🚫
    If I donated "just £3" to every charity on ITV4 ad breaks I wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage.

Luckily my mum doesn't watch much TV as she is exactly the person that would react to all the animal charity ads. At one point she had signed up to about 4 or 5 monthly charity doorstep chuggers whilst they were struggling to pay their mortgage (she even ended up volunteering for the one charity despite having no real affiliation for it. When I asked why she didn't just say no thanks and shut the door like I would she said "I don't like to be rude". She even had the Jehovah's Witnesses in one and almost converted!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,826
    edited September 2021

Dropping dead? ...free phone 0800 scare you s51tless

Have you phoned Promislife yet?
    For 2 quid a week they will give your hangers on 5 grand when you pop your clogs. :D

Don't forget to donate 2 quid a month to Sightsavers while you are at it.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • I normally just mute and ignore the adverts but you got me interested - there's worse than the DONGDONGDONG one?
  • mididoctors

I normally just mute and ignore the adverts but you got me interested - there's worse than the DONGDONGDONG one?

Took less than 5 mins ... Take a phone photo of the TV screen first they have a facility for that on the ASA site
  • mididoctors
    Not a bad stage this really for a sprint stage
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2021
    It's the Ribble screeching I think
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2021
    Escape making a good fist of this ... DQS burning match's
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,197
    Caught with 1.5km to go