Tour of Britain "it doesn't come past my house" thread

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Peloton finding devon hard ...that peloton is small
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Boulting spots the time gap starting to tumble, begins to panic that he might have called this a fraction early...
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Cricket for me today...

I think I might put the cycling on instead :'(
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,587
    So was the time gap dodgy or are they really taking the best part of 30" per km back?
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

So was the time gap dodgy or are they really taking the best part of 30" per km back?

On the climb they did
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,590

daniel_b said:

JimD666 said:

daniel_b said:

Odd, unable to find this on ES Player - have let my GCN sub lapse.
    Then found ITV4 are showing in, and lucked into Adam Blythe being Boultings co-commentator, so very pleased with that, aside from the adverts.

Just confused the ES Player seems to have no record of it on the search, and nothing in the schedule.

GCN had the last couple of hours yesterday but with ambient sound only. No commentary available.

Can't watch it on ITV, the adverts.....
    How very strange.
    Dunno - there's a limit to the number of explicitly maimed animals anyone can stomach in one afternoon, no matter how much it's leavened by jolly adverts about your impending death. I'm actually slightly surprised by how grisly the footage is allowed to be.
    lol, I meant the fact is is not properly on ES player or GCN!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • They could have got him if they'd pulled their fingers out only a little bit earlier.
  • Nice solo victory.
  • mididoctors
    That was a ride ... Hard roads
  • Pross
    Carpenter held on by around 1 minute with Hayter taking the sprint from the bunch after JA appeared to do one of his trademark dodgy moves to, I think, WVA in the last 200m.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Well, good on you Mr. Carpenter!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Odd stage, the bunch showed they could have easily pulled it back had they just started a few kms earlier. They clawed back 3 minutes in about the last 10km. Average speed of 38kph suggesting that was hard work.
  • mididoctors
    Small roads make good parcours .
  • Pross
    Devon gives some really good racing, it's those roads that are tougher in reality than on paper. That JTL (I know!) win into Dartmouth was a superb stage. Proper stages in the ToB these days too, that was nearly 5 hours and there's a bigger stage on Wednesday.
  • mididoctors
    Alex peters 3rd! Where did he spring from
  • Pross
    Hadn't realised Peters was back riding, that's really good to see. Was such a shame when he had to take a break having got the big contract with Sky.
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2021
    Pross said:

Hadn't realised Peters was back riding, that's really good to see. Was such a shame when he had to take a break having got the big contract with Sky.

Yeah last year... he won the tour of somewhere obscure last month I think
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2021
    Ryedale Grasscrete Grand Prix.... Not the most prestigious race to win but a win is a win
  • mididoctors
    British domestic racing makes me laugh sometimes ... Good level these days but still got school fete vibes
  • Pross
    ITV presenter saying how good Scott looks on a bike. Shows beauty is in the eye of the beholder as I'd commented have ugly his style looked.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

ITV presenter saying how good Scott looks on a bike. Shows beauty is in the eye of the beholder as I'd commented have ugly his style looked.

Stoically Trudging through quicksand isn't the worst pedalling look
  • Pross

Pross said:

He specifically mentioned souplesse which really seemed to be stretching things!
  • Another example of Team Dumbo Visma?
    What's the point of getting rid of the jersey, but still having to work hard in the end, when tomorrow, they have to try and get it back again...
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Pross said:

He specifically mentioned souplesse which really seemed to be stretching things!
    Well it wasn't jerky. I guess his knees are going to pop off cadence was sub 40 a lot of the time
  • Pross
    It's going to be a hot one for a flat out effort today, I just did my run and I suspect I'll still be sweating in two or three hours!
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2021
    Someone needs to tell jumbo They need 4 riders on the line
  • mididoctors
    DQS fastest so.far at the line . Jumbo had issues in final run in ...puncture
  • Ineos 17s up on DQS at the finish, new fastest time
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo would probably have won that if they didn't have that puncture ... Or very very very close
  • Pross
    Hayter in a good position. Tomorrow probably suits him and JA slightly over WVA with a 2k climb at 10% to finish but who knows the way WVA rides some of the Tour climbs.