Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Soler riding like the dad in front of a bunch of excited kids... 😋
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Painful fall for the GB rider landing flat on his back and bouncing at high speed.
  • ddraver
    Proper tour of my homelands these first 4 stages...
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Getting a bit active
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Alex in the mix shame about the TTT
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    edited September 2021
    Christ, even when I was fit i used to crawl up here...

(fun descent though)
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    It's fast
  • mididoctors
    Classic dirty sprinting from JA
  • mididoctors
    Love that guy ....

WvA thou
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,193
    Trademark crooked sprint from Alaphillipe
  • ddraver
    Nice finish, Anyone other than Alaphillipe would be disqualified an awful lot :smiley:

Good ride by Hayter.

Thus far, this tour has made britain look rather good...
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Good finish ruined by piss poor TV coverage again. You would think that allowing sight of the race leader crossing the line would be a bare minimum.

Composed ride by Hayter, slightly surprised WVA held on to Woods and JA, it took its toll though.
  • mididoctors
    Good finish ... Not sure about the course in Wales though ... Lose the TTT have a big day in the high hills flat finish ... Then shorter punchy day with this ending
  • Pross said:

Good finish ruined by piss poor TV coverage again. You would think that allowing sight of the race leader crossing the line would be a bare minimum.

Composed ride by Hayter, slightly surprised WVA held on to Woods and JA, it took its toll though.

Thanks.
    Saved me the trouble of posting the same.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    ddraver said:

Nice finish, Anyone other than Alaphillipe would be disqualified an awful lot :smiley:

Good ride by Hayter.

We could have some excellent racing in this country as some stages of the ToB, the TdY and the Yorkshire stages of the TdF show but there just isn't that backing to get it going. There are so many options for an excellent one day race but when we finally got a WT one day race it was the Surrey Classic.
  • ddraver
    edited September 2021

Lose TTTs

FTFY ;)

It's a paleo-coral reef, Adam..

- @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Shortish climb with a rest in the middle ...two big efforts
  • Pross

Good finish ... Not sure about the course in Wales though ... Lose the TTT have a big day in the high hills flat finish ... Then shorter punchy day with this ending

I really don't get why they wasted a stage on a TTT.
  • ddraver
    Pross said:

ddraver said:

Good ride by Hayter.

We could have some excellent racing in this country as some stages of the ToB, the TdY and the Yorkshire stages of the TdF show but there just isn't that backing to get it going. There are so many options for an excellent one day race but when we finally got a WT one day race it was the Surrey Classic.
    I just meant it looked pwetty tbh...

I think the recent announcement about the TdY needs to remind us that we are not Flanders, however. Such things need to be spread around.
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    This bloomin' presenter and Pippa Yorke are the anti-Carlton 😂
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited September 2021
    The TTT has no place in the ToB because there are so many small teams that struggle to get decent gear, riding against the likes of techno rich teams, such as Ineos and Jumbo.
    The rest of the route can never redress the time gaps created.
    Just 5 men from 3 teams were left in GC contention after yesterday.

Also the ToB organisers are yet to design a worthwhile South Wales stage.

As with Tirreno-Adricatico before Milan-San Remo, the stages are deliberately made long , in order to be meaningful preparation for the Worlds.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Loved watching them ride along my Half Marathon PB course from Conwy around Marine Drive :-)
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    ddraver said:

This bloomin' presenter and Pippa Yorke are the anti-Carlton 😂

Not forgetting Blythe and his inability to learn how to say Gruff despite the other commentator giving him plenty of lead.
  • mididoctors

The TTT has no place in the ToB because there are so many small teams that struggle to get decent gear, riding against the likes of techno rich teams, such as Ineos and Jumbo.
    The rest of the route can never redress the time gaps created.
    Just 5 men from 3 teams were left in GC contention after yesterday.

Also the ToB organisers are yet to design a worthwhile South Wales stage.

As with Tirreno-Adricatico before Milan-San Remo, the stages are deliberately made long , in order to be meaningful preparation for the Worlds.

Easier logistics than a individual TT is my guess... Car for every rider?
  • mididoctors
    The thing you have to remember about WvA is he is really good
  • mididoctors
    Ineos were desperate to let the break go ...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    edited September 2021
    I enjoyed that stage, it was pretty interesting, and very unlike a TOB stage :o
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Pity the weather is changing overnight. Going to get wet on Friday I think. Makes it impossible to see who’s who when they all have black jackets on. Also notice that it’s not easy spotting the leaders jersey from the Decunick and Canyon ones. Dark blue is not exactly distinctive - surely that should be the point of the jersey?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I'm nipping into Warrington this afternoon, looks like a strong possibility of getting wet...
  • I thought the coverage of the last climb was great. Could maybe have done with the heli shot panning out so we could see where Hayter was, but obviously the positioning of the camera at the finish line (literally in the car park of the Great Orme Visitor Centre) meant we wouldn't have seen the riders on the head on shot, so it was a good idea to stick to the heli shot for the sprint