Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited August 2021

Delete - sounded better in my head

Never stopped me tbf
    Yep, here we go :D

daniel_b said:

I think DQS having two days off for Sunday .... A lot of teams need a win . Letting this go makes sense

It concerns me though the 'all or potentially nothing' aspect of Sundays stage though.
    Would have preferred Cav to get 35 today, and then Sunday would not have had the same pressure on imho.
    Who’s gonna beat him
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Vlasov to Bora
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    RichN95. said:

Alvaro Hodeg: DQS >>>> UAE

They must be shedding a lot of riders to fit all of these signings in?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    andyp said:
    Prob a good move for him - bit of a replacement for Higuita I guess - hope he can recover some consistency.
  • andyp
    George Bennett set to join UAE too. On paper, they've done a superb job of bolstering the team to support Pogacar.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Reckon that's for support or for races without Pog..?

Huge scalp if he's 'just' swapping trains
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    andyp said:

George Bennett set to join UAE too. On paper, they've done a superb job of bolstering the team to support Pogacar.

It seems quite an investment when he has demonstrated he doesn't need much support but then I guess other teams have the capability to get their act together and put him under a bit more pressure with a bit less misfortune.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    andyp said:

UAE are like an advent calendar at the moment. Open a window in the morning and see who they've signed today.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Something something hoovering up all the talent something something should be stopped something something salary cap something something
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    edited August 2021
    Pross said:

andyp said:

It seems quite an investment when he has demonstrated he doesn't need much support but then I guess other teams have the capability to get their act together and put him under a bit more pressure with a bit less misfortune.

Maybe it's not just about supporting Pogacar, but also being strong in the races he doesn't do. That's what big teams do. For any race they enter they have a team to challenge. They never make up the numbers.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    To support Pogacar you need quality riders. To attract them (especially looking at the age profiles they're after) they need to see a chance of developing and getting a GT shot somewhere. To give them that shot you need more quality to support them...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

Pross said:

andyp said:

Maybe it's not just about supporting Pogacar, but also being strong in the races he doesn't do. That's what big teams do. For any race they enter they have a team to challenge. They never make up the numbers.
    Yeah but a lot of the signings feel like GT domestiques.
  • RichN95.
    Pross said:

RichN95. said:

Pross said:

andyp said:

Yeah but a lot of the signings feel like GT domestiques.

I think Almeida is a bit better than that. Hodeg and Ackermann are obviously sprinters
  • RichN95.
    Aru is going to retire after the Vuelta

• No_Ta_Doctor
    Uno-X continue to build for a WT team, Olympic Gold Madison and silver team pursuit Lasse Norman Hansen signs for them.

He's not been very focused on road, with only 29 raced days this see season, will be interesting to see how that works with Uno-X.

They're also building a women's team, with Joss Lowden joining Hannah Barnes there. Lars Ytting Bak is the manager for the women

• They looked really impressive in both of the recent Norweigan races.

Looking forward to seeing more of them.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

They looked really impressive in both of the recent Norweigan races.

Looking forward to seeing more of them.

They also looked good in the spring classics, were there at the pointy end of far more races than you'd expect for their level. Obviously the kit helps to pick them out 😅
  • That I am not a fan of !
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    edited August 2021
    delete
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    edited August 2021
    delete
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    You can't just delete a team's kit, @dish_dash, no matter how garish it is and no matter how much @jimmythecuckoo wants you to.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,395
    Their kit makes me think they should be sponsored by Kodak.
  • Pross

Their kit makes me think they should be sponsored by Kodak.

• You can't just delete a team's kit, @dish_dash, no matter how garish it is and no matter how much @jimmythecuckoo wants you to.

wont stop me trying :smile:
  • andyp
    Moscon and Nibali rumoured to be joining Vino's Astana.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    andyp said:

Moscon and Nibali rumoured to be joining Vino's Astana.

With viviani.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • andyp
    Viviani is in demand - EOLO-Kometa, DQS and Astana are all rumoured to be signing him.
  • Pross
    andyp said:

Viviani is in demand - EOLO-Kometa, DQS and Astana are all rumoured to be signing him.

Why is he so popular? He hasn't been on great form, really can't understand DQS having an interest in him.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    I don't get it either.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023