2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Castelli tend to only supply one team at a time; and Ineos likewise seem to have 'exclusive' suppliers. What about MAAP, or Le Col - however, could they afford it? And what about one of the major global sports brands? Or a slightly leftfield choice - Belstaff - currently the 'civilian' clothing supplier, and Fran Millar is CEO.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

Soudal to Quickstep too

Ouch. That's got to sting.
    Article I read seemed to suggest they simply couldn't afford the required amount for sponsorship - didn't appear to be any sour grapes.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    The above quoted guy also reported rumours of cimolai and nizzola to quickstep.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    That's a lot of non-French riders going into a French team.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Fuglsang not going to Cofidis. Seems he wants to race a while longer after all
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Not a transfer per se, but DQS will be Quick Step Alpha Vinyl next season, with Quick Step taking over as title sponsors again.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Jeez, I have to get used to yet another name / set of initials for them!
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    QSAV sounds like a discount voucher website from 2013.

"Those look nice!"
    "Thanks! I saved £50 on these designer jeans with Q Save!"
    [camera lingers on model's backside for no good reason, jingle plays]
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932
    Quick Step would have done - Alpha Vinyl is just one of their flooring ranges
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Ineos to use Bioracer kit next year, ending their 5 year partnership with Castelli
  • ddraver
    Oooof - I had club kit made by Bioracer once and it was dire!
    - @ddraver
  • daniel_b
    That's a bit of a surprise on the bioracer front, amazed it is 5 years already since they went to Castelli.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Bit of a downgrade methinks.....the sort of kit a club would use, but not Ineos.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • daniel_b
    andyrac said:

Bit of a downgrade methinks.....the sort of kit a club would use, but not Ineos.

I'm guessing they may 'drag' bioracer up with materials and quality!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyrac said:

Got a few national teams on board going by their website, including Belgium and Netherlands, so maybe bought their standards up recently
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Wasn't it Bioracer who did a lot of work on textured Skin suits etc for Tony Martin?
  • ddraver
    I suspect that's whats in it for Bioracer. Similar to Movistar and Endura, Sky & Addidas etc
    - @ddraver
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Haven’t Bioracer made suits in the past for Sky? Possibly in Rapha days?
  • ddraver
    Skimo Racing will be in the Olympics from 2026. Maybe Roglic should switch for a third time...
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    ddraver said:

Skimo Racing will be in the Olympics from 2026. Maybe Roglic should switch for a third time...

Wouldn't he get obliterated by that Bora (?) guy?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    He must be getting used to it...
    - @ddraver
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    edited July 2021
    their skin suits are obvious from the lines that pattern the fabric. Sky and other teams had them custom made by Bioracer.
    During the Time Trials you will see a lot of Bioracer skinsuits. It comes as no surprise. Martin, Kiryenka, Dumoulin, the best time trial riders of the last couple of years, rely on the expertise in tailoring and speed tuning.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/group-tests/best-skinsuits-for-cycling-360975
  • andyp
    UAE sign Finn Fisher-Black with immediate effect. He's been riding for the Jumbo-Visma development team for the past two years, and rode for the WT team a few times earlier this season (supporting VIngegaard to victory at the Coppi-Bartali race for example).

Awkward.
  • andyp
    Louis Vervaeke, currently at Alpecin-Fenix, is rumoured to be joining DQS next season to ride in support of Evenepoel.
  • amrushton

andyrac said:

Got a few national teams on board going by their website, including Belgium and Netherlands, so maybe bought their standards up recently
    Looking at van Aerts national jersey or skin suit at the Olympics, it looks a nice bit of kit.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    It's the very classical Belgium cycling jersey. Not really new. It's both boring and a classic at the same time. I wouldn't change it, but I wouldn't wear it either.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • amrushton
    It is but I was referring to the Bioracer design.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2021
    Sagan has just posted that he's not renewing with Bora.
    So that's confirmed

"petosagan Today, I would like to announce that a cycle is closing in my professional career and that I will not renew my contract with @borahansgrohe beyond the end of the 2021 season.

I would like to express my appreciation to Ralph Denk, Willi Bruckbauer, the team sponsors, all my teammates, and the entire staff of BORA-hansgrohe for their support and their confidence in me during these five seasons. We have achieved so many things and even in difficult times, we stuck together. I think that we weren't just teammates, we were part of a big family.

I have no doubt that the five seasons I spent in BORA-hansgrohe were among the most prolific of my career and some of my most memorable moments happened during that period. I became the first rider to claim three consecutive World Championships, I had the honor of winning @parisroubaixcourse. I scored my 100th professional victory while wearing the BORA-hansgrohe colors, I won my record-breaking seventh green jersey in the @letourdefrance and my first ever ciclamino jersey in the @giroditalia.

However, after a long and thorough discussion with my own management and under a mutual agreement with BORA-hansgrohe, we came to the decision that it would be best if my cycle in the team came to a close and that a new chapter opened in my career. Change is part of life and growth.

I'm sure BORA-hansgrohe will continue to be successful and I wish them all the best in the coming seasons."