2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    RichN95. said:

It might just be me, but I think that announcing signings before they have finished their racing program, and especially on the day of a big race, is a bit of d1ck move

Probably better we know - stops weird racing behaviour (i.e. helping your future team mates) as we'll see through it too easily.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152

RichN95. said:

It might just be me, but I think that announcing signings before they have finished their racing program, and especially on the day of a big race, is a bit of d1ck move

Probably better we know - stops weird racing behaviour (i.e. helping your future team mates) as we'll see through it too easily.
    Yes - watch out for riders that have signed for Movistar attacking their future teammates
    But when Movistar attack their current team mates how can you be sure 😉
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Andrey Amador confirmed as joining EF EasyPost for next season. Hopefully he'll get a GT ride or two.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    andyp said:

Andrey Amador confirmed as joining EF EasyPost for next season. Hopefully he'll get a GT ride or two.

Ineos are shifting a fair number of riders out. Must have some budget now for a big name signing. Unless they have massive belief in the young guns they have.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    roscoe said:

andyp said:

Ineos are shifting a fair number of riders out. Must have some budget now for a big name signing. Unless they have massive belief in the young guns they have.
    Spent it all on aero kit for their backroom staff (Dan Bigham) 😉
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • roscoe

roscoe said:

andyp said:

Spent it all on aero kit for their backroom staff (Dan Bigham) 😉
    Surely big Jim just found that loose change down the back of his sofa :D
  • andyp
    roscoe said:

andyp said:

I don't think there are any genuine big names available, bar, arguably, Cavendish. I don't see that happening as it doesn't suit either party.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    andyp said:

roscoe said:

andyp said:

I don't think there are any genuine big names available, bar, arguably, Cavendish. I don't see that happening as it doesn't suit either party.
    It'll never happen, but in an ideal world, Cav would go to FDJ who would make Demare's leadout available to him for the Tour.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    roscoe said:

andyp said:

I can't work out if they don't want them anymore or if there's an issue with the team and riders are keen to leave. Who have they announced as replacements? If they are simply trying to get a young, up-and-coming squad and willing to give them a few years to develop that's no bad thing and I suppose they've got enough proven talent that they won't be struggling for points.
  • roscoe
    Pross said:

roscoe said:

andyp said:

I can't work out if they don't want them anymore or if there's an issue with the team and riders are keen to leave. Who have they announced as replacements? If they are simply trying to get a young, up-and-coming squad and willing to give them a few years to develop that's no bad thing and I suppose they've got enough proven talent that they won't be struggling for points.
    I'm wondering if the rumour around Roglic was true, but really can't see it happening
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Pross said:

roscoe said:

andyp said:

I think it's this. I wasn't a fan of the old style Sky / Ineos approach, but I think that they are developing rapidly into one of the most exciting teams in the peloton, albeit without (yet) an obvious TDF challenger.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    roscoe said:

andyp said:

Manchester United isn't cheap.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • roscoe
    Jumbo confirming Tratnik, Valter and Gloag this morning on their Facebook page.
  • andyp
    Connor Swift leaving Arkea-Samsic and reportedly heading to Ineos.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    andyp said:

Didn't see that one coming.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • roscoe
    andyp said:

That’s a bit left field. Domestique?
  • daniel_b
    roscoe said:

andyp said:

That’s a bit left field. Domestique?
    Ben Swift is already there, so perhaps a reason behind it.

Strong domestique, and he's won some 1 day races I think.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyp
    He'll augment their classics squad, especially for the cobbled races, and gives them another solid rider for GTs. With Van Baarle gone, and Luke Rowe getting on, he could be a possible road captain in the future too.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Will he get to do the tro bro Leon with Ineos though. 😢
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Nieve to retire at the end of the season
  • daniel_b

Does anyone know why he is nicknamed 'Frosty' - I think I have that right?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Nieve is snow in Spanish.
  • daniel_b
    orraloon said:

Nieve is snow in Spanish.

As simple as that - cheers @orraloon :)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    edited August 2022
    daniel_b said:

Does anyone know why he is nicknamed 'Frosty' - I think I have that right?
    Presumably since Nieve means Snow...

Edit - too slow! 😆
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    CX transfer news; Lauren Sweeck to leave Pauwels Sauzen-Bingoal; will join one of the Roodhooft teams from September 1st.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • andyp
    Alice Barnes joining Human Powered Health on a two-year contract.

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    https://www.mountainbike.es/deporte/fichajes-2023-sabemos_263499_102.html

You'll need Google translate.

Some bonkers MTB transfer rumours....PFP to Ineos....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    edited September 2022
    andyrac said:

https://www.mountainbike.es/deporte/fichajes-2023-sabemos_263499_102.html

You'll need Google translate.

Some bonkers MTB transfer rumours....PFP to Ineos....

"Pauline Ferrand-Prevot, is his signing by INEOS"

um.....do they know something we don't?! Gotta love translations :)

EDIT: To be fair Google translate gets it right. The one built into my browser is the faulty translation :)
  • daniel_b
    edited September 2022
    An MTB focussed team - interesting.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18