Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Ha ha, didnt spot it first time round.... 🤣😂🤣
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866

13.6 million watched the old boys funeral live; 11 million of those on the BBC.

Majority rules.

4 million Brexiteers have some explaining to do
    in five years isn't there a chance that 4 million have died? I know the maths is inexact but I am assuming a big crossover with Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,611

Majority rules.

in five years isn't there a chance that 4 million have died? I know the maths is inexact but I am assuming a big crossover with Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers
    Pretty sure I heard my neighbours watching it. I don't think they're quite the demographic you assume.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    rjsterry said:

Majority rules.

Pretty sure I heard my neighbours watching it. I don't think they're quite the demographic you assume.
    one of us didn't understand TWH's post.
  • ddraver
    If I'd been at home I'd have had it on. having spent some time in choirs as a yoof I'd have been interested in the music, but I wasn't going to cut short my weekend activities for it... Seemed like I was far from the only one too.
    - @ddraver
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/18/how-prince-philip-turned-pawn-in-the-phoney-culture-wars-sarah-vine

I like the this description of Andrew Neil: "weetabix-tonsured Wokefinder General".
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rjsterry

rjsterry said:

Majority rules.

Quite possibly. I assumed it was a joke - that there was a strong correlation between Brexiters and Royalists, rather than to be taken seriously. I don't know how my neighbours voted.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454

"S**t is that an FBI agent with a warrant in the corner"
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Also has to not sweat in 3 layers of wool on a hot spring day.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    "When you go will you send back a letter from American jail?"
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    It's all about the jingle jangle jewellery, the additional square gong says "Jim fixed it for me"
    Virtually impossible to read on here of course.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,845
    ddraver said:

If I'd been at home I'd have had it on. having spent some time in choirs as a yoof I'd have been interested in the music, but I wasn't going to cut short my weekend activities for it... Seemed like I was far from the only one too.

I was finishing my lunch with cousins in Alcester (exactly where the red circle is), and someone seemed to start their own version of a funeral pyre... we left somewhat earlier than we intended...

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,927
    rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

Majority rules.

Quite possibly. I assumed it was a joke - that there was a strong correlation between Brexiters and Royalists, rather than to be taken seriously. I don't know how my neighbours voted.
    It was a joke based on the number of people who watched the funeral being roughly 4 million fewer than the number of people who voted Brexit, the stereotype of the patriotic Brexiteer and the cultural of performative patriotism which demands a certain level of compliance, and the conceit that those 4 million would have to account for their decision not to watch.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
    Ahem - it's the way you tell 'em.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

Majority rules.

It was a joke based on the number of people who watched the funeral being roughly 4 million fewer than the number of people who voted Brexit, the stereotype of the patriotic Brexiteer and the cultural of performative patriotism which demands a certain level of compliance, and the conceit that those 4 million would have to account for their decision not to watch.

The irony is though that I think the queen was pro-EU?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rjsterry

rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

Majority rules.

That's what I thought.

I think we've wrung any remaining shred of humour out of it now, and I apologise for my part in that.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,927
    Some gimp flagged that post.

Lol
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
    Listening to 5live - I think Prince Football has died.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,845
    The big breaking news of the day, courtesy of The Daily Telegraph...

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811

The big breaking news of the day, courtesy of The Daily Telegraph...

Going to be no love for him on this forum. He’s far too white.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    nice bike he's riding.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    He looks about 42.
  • Pross
    Edward on the news this morning. I'm not sure why the Royal Family don't make more use of him, he came across really well I thought. Handled the inevitable Meghan and Harry question very well and seemed more in touch and human. I guess the fact he seems fairly normal, if a bit posh, and he has stayed away from the limelight are linked.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    I can remember when Edward was the odd one in the family.
    Funny how perceptions change....
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    The wife is watching some complete crap about William and Harry on ITV at the moment. A bunch of talking heads who appear to have made money writing books about their alleged feud are basically talking up that feud. It's almost as if they have a personal interest in making it as big a deal as possible
  • ddraver

Lots of twitter-ing about Wills using the royal chopper to...erm...use the royal chopper elsewhere
    - @ddraver
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Reading the counts, my non-lawyer mind cannot understand how numbers 2 and 6 are different.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,731
    ddraver said:

Lots of twitter-ing about Wills using the royal chopper to...erm...use the royal chopper elsewhere
    Yes he uses it to go dogging - well known in Norfolk...apparently.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • rick_chasey
    Nice to see the BBC falling over themselves in fairly useless coverage of maxwell.

Worlds apart from newsnight.

Net is closing in around Andrew.
  • rick_chasey
    edited December 2021

Of course they used someone who has been accused as part of the same grooming ring as Maxwell and Epstein ffs