The Royals

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Nice to see the BBC falling over themselves in fairly useless coverage of maxwell.

Worlds apart from newsnight.

Net is closing in around Andrew.

They won’t get anywhere near him. She won’t dare say a word.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,631
    Royals are something i don’t give a sh!t about, have them, don’t have them, who cares, but if a nonce gets off because he’s a son of the queen I’d be first in line to get rid of them.
  • rick_chasey
    edited December 2021
    It does annoy me they don’t ask the queen about the whole issue.

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,030
    It's a shame we'll never be allowed to know the truth about Epstein. The way he accumulated his wealth, his relationships with the rich and powerful etc. and of course whether it was really suicide.

Was he just a rich man with a liking for teenage girls or was he deliberately involving the rich and famous in his lifestyle for some other purpose ?

Re. Andrew it was pretty clear in that BBC interview he was lying through his teeth.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,087

I'm not sure a lot would be learnt.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    edited December 2021
    rjsterry said:

She’d learn that she’s not above being asked difficult questions.

Anyway nice to see BBC giving Ian maxwell a platform on the radio to protest his daughter’s innocence - I await with baited breath the parents of working class nonces to get their chance 🙄🙄
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,149
    edited December 2021
    You do realise her father was Robert Maxwell who died (conspiracy theories noted) years ago after defrauding the Mirror Group pension scheme? Ian is her brother.
  • rick_chasey
    Ah soz. Point remains albeit with different relations
  • rjsterry
    edited December 2021

rjsterry said:

She’d learn that she’s not above being asked difficult questions.

Anyway nice to see BBC giving Ian maxwell a platform on the radio to protest his daughter’s innocence - I await with baited breath the parents of working class nonces to get their chance 🙄🙄
    She literally is. Can we file this with you being unaware of devolution?

Also, Ian Maxwell is her brother. Her father is famously dead.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    edited December 2021
    She f@cking well shouldn’t be and if she is that’s reason enough to abolish them. No one should ever be above the law.

If she’s s nonce protector the royals won’t last long. Disgrace.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,525

She f@cking well shouldn’t be and if she is that’s reason enough to abolish them. No one should ever be above the law.

Really hope you don't get called for jury service.
  • rick_chasey

Why’s that?
  • rick_chasey
    I am grumpy and it’s a pet peeve that poshos get treasured differently.

This govt does the same. A democracy only works if everyone is subject to the same laws.

Who you know or who your relationship are should make no difference.

• TheBigBean

Why’s that?
    You seem to have convicted Prince Andrew already and moved on to worrying about his mother harbouring a fugitive.
  • Good argument for reducing the paid monarchy to a minimum number required for a few state duties and return the royal estates to public ownership.
  • rick_chasey

Why’s that?
    You seem to have convicted Prince Andrew already and moved on to worrying about his mother harbouring a fugitive.
    I am of the view he is not being properly investigated because of who his mother is.
  • TheBigBean

Why’s that?
    I am of the view he is not being properly investigated because of who his mother is.
    That's fine, but your posts imply that he is guilty and he hasn't been convicted due to his mother.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    C'mon, that bloke wasn't known as Randy Andy for no reason.
  • rick_chasey

Why’s that?
    That's fine, but your posts imply that he is guilty and he hasn't been convicted due to his mother.
    I said if tbf
  • rjsterry
    edited December 2021

Why’s that?
    I mean his lawyers are struggling to get him out of a serious court case, so it's not been very effective so far. I don't see what this has to do with his mother.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    Met dropped the criminal case
  • rjsterry

I think that's just the Met. They'll drop anything.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Pross

Did any of the alleged offences occur in London?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Pross said:

Aw, c’mon. We’ve all seen movies where American police take action abroad. Surely the MET can do the same. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    edited December 2021
    Pross said:

According to the witness testimony yes, he had sex with her underage first in Maxwell’s flat in Belgravia.

The other two occurrences involving him were in the US.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article20948871.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200b/4_21386594-0-image-a-56_1574548719828.jpg

This is the woman making the allegations.

Andrew first claimed he never met her and now that he can’t remember.
  • TheBigBean
    edited December 2021

Pross said:

According to the witness testimony yes, he had sex with her underage first in Maxwell’s flat in Belgravia.

The other two occurrences involving him were in the US.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article20948871.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200b/4_21386594-0-image-a-56_1574548719828.jpg

This is the woman making the allegations.

Andrew first claimed he never met her and now that he can’t remember.
    She wasn't underage in the UK, and making a case that he knew she was trafficked is presumably tricky especially in light of the photo.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Yet another agenda to slay all those that know someone. Who really thinks the queen knows what goes on in her son's day to day life. We know Rick does so it will be pretty amusing if someone he knows has fractured a law of and kind. Surely he would be responsible.

If only the young were so attracted to your middle aged warehouse worker in his unkempt bedsit. Imagine the dirty deeds he would get up to. There is a reason those that are rich and famous have more opportunity to be a wrongun.
  • Pross
    There's a whole spectrum of possible scenarios from he met her and had a photo taken with her but can't remember (which must be plausible for any person in the public eye), through he had sex with her believing it to be consensual / legal and all the way to Epstein trafficked her as a specific request. No-one outside that circle really knows which is the truth.

I'm not sure why the Queen can be expected to have any more insight. Would any of us tell our mothers about what we were getting up to with women, especially one that was much younger?
  • rick_chasey
    Given 2 of the 4 accused have so far been found guilty for running a paedo ring, I’d at least like a proper investigation.

It would also do wonders to show that they, the royals, in their privileged position (which is not deserved - they have not earned it) are not above being fairly investigated.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965

Given 2 of the 4 accused have so far been found guilty for running a paedo ring, I’d at least like a proper investigation.

It would also do wonders to show that they, the royals, in their privileged position (which is not deserved - they have not earned it) are not above being fairly investigated.

A page back you thought the queen was in on it and should answer questions. Should I be allowed to ask you relatives whatever I like about you life and cast aspersions in the media along the way. Seems reasonable.