• joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

i claim him out as a lunatic.

They have convinced you to take an experimental vaccination without liability for a virus with a 99% survival rate and you think I'm a lunatic. :)

You utter clown. It's not "experimental", in fact, it's probably been tested more than any other drug released this year.
    Source: work in healthcare, including alongside clinical researchers.

That's true, tested on millions of people.

Before Covid-19 no mRNA vaccine or drug had ever won approval.

The mid to long term effects of mRNA vaccines are unknown.
    What a moron you are. Real qanon / flat earther.

Because my views differ from yours?

• vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

They have convinced you to take an experimental vaccination without liability for a virus with a 99% survival rate and you think I'm a lunatic. :)

You utter clown. It's not "experimental", in fact, it's probably been tested more than any other drug released this year.

No, because you are an ignorant village idiot.

• joe2019
    vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

Calm down love.

• vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

Calm down love.

I really feel for your teenage kids, being contaminated by your ignorance and stupidity.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,372
    FFS - if you two want to get flagged, you're going the right way about it. If you can't be civil, shut up.
  • joe2019

FFS - if you two want to get flagged, you're going the right way about it. If you can't be civil, shut up.

I've been civil, ta.

• briantrumpet
    joe2019 said:

I've been civil, ta.

Try "Calm down, love" in a real argument and see where that gets you. You know what you're doing.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,159
    Dontcha jest lurve internet handbag swinging. What jolly japes.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,768

Well done Joe1942.
  • briantrumpet
    orraloon said:

Dontcha jest lurve internet handbag swinging. What jolly japes.

More like PE kit bags in the playground.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

that as maybe but you've got to admit its funny.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,156
    Not going to read the thread, but the poll saying 97% yes/had it is rather reassuring. Not reflected on social media, even if you only look at stuff around your own bubble.
  • briantrumpet
    MattFalle said:

I'm just surprised it hasn't yet got to "My dad's harder than your dad".
  • joe2019

MattFalle said:

My dad's dead :(

• briantrumpet
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

Sorry.

Mothering Sunday will be hard for me this year... well, the run-up already is.
  • joe2019
    david37 said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

cause he was a loser like you

Great post.

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,500
    david37 said:

david37 said:

Feels like the pace of calling up new groups is slowing in Hampshire, two weeks ago those aged 64+ could visit ad-hoc walk-in vaccination centres, these have now ceased as the 60-63 group are being invited to get their first jab. At 47, I'll be amazed if I get a jab before the end of April.

I'm the same age, and I'm expecting well into June.
    its because they're on group 6 which is massive. If for eg you have a child who has been diagnosed with adhd or has learning difficulties you get the jab as the disability is then associated to you. Its a discrimination issue I believe. This means many more people under 50 will be getting the jab than those 50 - 65 before April

It also includes those who have eaten and drunk themselves to obesity or diabetes, have drink or drug problems etc etc

As well of course as those with all other underlying health issues past or present.
    I'm well behind on the thread but I don't have an issue with vaccinating anyone young with specific issues. My bother in law is in care and is in his early 40s and the whole thing has given him fewer options in life than someone in prison. And he doesn't really understand. Sure there will be exceptions captured by national policy, but the greater good is served by innoculating people who through no fault of their own are more likely to catch it if thet are out and about.

As for the other hypothetical categories, you sound like Norman Tebbit. You would prefer.to deny those in genuine need than inadvertently benefit those who in your judgement deserve what they get.

Death is a harsh sentence for being a fattie, I would say.
    I wasn't making a comment other than replying to an earlier comment about expected timescales. Group 6 is for those people who fall into assorts of different categories obesity being but one.

Since group 6 encompasses an awful lot of people, many of them relatively young then the following groups are some way down the line.

It seems your own personal position has led you to defensively ascribe meaning to my post that just isn't there. (your Tebbit comments and deciding what I would or wouldn't like)

I don't expect an apology, this is the internet after all.

Okay. Can you explain the comment about it being a discrimination issue. It struck a nerve. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I'll apologise.

I do think Tebbit is under used as an insult though.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,500

MattFalle said:

See your bike? It's a girl's bike.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,118
    edited March 2021
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

So's mine. Your point?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,118

MattFalle said:

See your bike? It's a girl's bike.
    That's out of order.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    david37 said:

Feels like the pace of calling up new groups is slowing in Hampshire, two weeks ago those aged 64+ could visit ad-hoc walk-in vaccination centres, these have now ceased as the 60-63 group are being invited to get their first jab. At 47, I'll be amazed if I get a jab before the end of April.

its because they're on group 6 which is massive. If for eg you have a child who has been diagnosed with adhd or has learning difficulties you get the jab as the disability is then associated to you. Its a discrimination issue I believe. This means many more people under 50 will be getting the jab than those 50 - 65 before April

It also includes those who have eaten and drunk themselves to obesity or diabetes, have drink or drug problems etc etc

As well of course as those with all other underlying health issues past or present.
    Group 6 is massive, which is why it seems (subjectively) that the pace of vaccination is slowing. It feels like a very long wait to me - a few weeks ago I was thinking I might only be days away.

But ADHD doesn’t qualify for Gp6 - I’ve looked as my son has it, and I probably had it (undiagnosed) when I was young. In fact the vast majority of learning issues (or difficulties) have no impact on what group you end up in.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,588

david37 said:

Group 6 is massive, which is why it seems (subjectively) that the pace of vaccination is slowing. It feels like a very long wait to me - a few weeks ago I was thinking I might only be days away.

But ADHD doesn’t qualify for Gp6 - I’ve looked as my son has it, and I probably had it (undiagnosed) when I was young. In fact the vast majority of learning issues (or difficulties) have no impact on what group you end up in.
    While true it's a big group, the pace is slowing.

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,588
    2nd doses are going up. Not quite enough to account for the drop off in 1st doses until very recently though.

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,063
    I think they were just under 400k yesterday so I suspect it's dependant on supply. There was talk a few days ago about a big supply of AZ coming in so it will hopefully pick up.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

Sorry it it's been posted before
  • briantrumpet
    Just booked mine for 19 March and 9 June, as they've just opened up booking at the big centre near me for 56+ ... slightly weird that if I booked the first jab for 17 March, it couldn't find a 2nd appointment slot at all at the same place within the 12-week window, but by delaying the first jab by two days there were plenty of options.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Text from the gp surgery inviting me to book up in practice. 9am on 20th was the earliest I could get. Every second counts....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,063
    Daughter had her first jab today. My wife's colleague, who has turned down the jab offered to them as care workers, thinks it's irresponsible. This isn't because of the same reason for not getting jabbed herself (vaccine rushed through, not properly tested blah blah) but because those who have it will become "silent killers" as they won't know they have the virus but can still pass it to those who don't have the vaccine.

I'm really struggling with that logic. This is an educated, normally sensible, person we've known for years. I think her husband may have been the trigger although he's a well-educated person with a responsible job too. She has already had three 10 day stints off work self-isolating after coming into contact with positive cases (outside work).
  • joe2019
    Pross said:

Daughter had her first jab today. My wife's colleague, who has turned down the jab offered to them as care workers, thinks it's irresponsible. This isn't because of the same reason for not getting jabbed herself (vaccine rushed through, not properly tested blah blah) but because those who have it will become "silent killers" as they won't know they have the virus but can still pass it to those who don't have the vaccine.

I'm really struggling with that logic. This is an educated, normally sensible, person we've known for years. I think her husband may have been the trigger although he's a well-educated person with a responsible job too. She has already had three 10 day stints off work self-isolating after coming into contact with positive cases (outside work).

Even 'well educated' people are allowed different opinions to yours.