Or hip surgery to fanatical runners?

Depressingly, he is allowed to vote.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    pblakeney said:

joe2019 said:

pblakeney said:

Regardless. "No" still has 0%.

Possibly not so many visitors to the thread from Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Austria, Italy, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania or Luxembourg.
    Rather strange viewpoint rom someone that is going to have the vaccine.
    "Yeah, got my invite today, booked in for the 26th." Pick a stance and stand by it.

You're right, I'll take up my previous stance, and be in no rush... issues already, not good.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,596
    joe2019 said:

pblakeney said:

joe2019 said:

pblakeney said:

Possibly not so many visitors to the thread from Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Austria, Italy, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania or Luxembourg.
    "Yeah, got my invite today, booked in for the 26th." Pick a stance and stand by it.

You're right, I'll take up my previous stance, and be in no rush... issues already, not good.
    You cancelling your booking then?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • joe2019
    pangolin said:

joe2019 said:

pblakeney said:

joe2019 said:

pblakeney said:

Already cancelled.

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,851
    Chalk this up as a new strain of 'self' 'cancel culture'.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Joe could be heading for a post in the irony thread if he is not careful.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    joe2019 said:

pangolin said:

joe2019 said:

pblakeney said:

joe2019 said:

pblakeney said:

Already cancelled.

I made stuffed pittas for tea last night, they get cooked in the oven. The tin foils in the recycling if you need some.
  • joe2019
    john80 said:

and why would I care?

• pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    joe2019 said:

john80 said:

and why would I care?

Must be a bummer that you can’t change your original answer to the poll 😂
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    david37 said:

david37 said:

david37 said:

Feels like the pace of calling up new groups is slowing in Hampshire, two weeks ago those aged 64+ could visit ad-hoc walk-in vaccination centres, these have now ceased as the 60-63 group are being invited to get their first jab. At 47, I'll be amazed if I get a jab before the end of April.

I'm the same age, and I'm expecting well into June.
    its because they're on group 6 which is massive. If for eg you have a child who has been diagnosed with adhd or has learning difficulties you get the jab as the disability is then associated to you. Its a discrimination issue I believe. This means many more people under 50 will be getting the jab than those 50 - 65 before April

It also includes those who have eaten and drunk themselves to obesity or diabetes, have drink or drug problems etc etc

As well of course as those with all other underlying health issues past or present.
    I'm well behind on the thread but I don't have an issue with vaccinating anyone young with specific issues. My bother in law is in care and is in his early 40s and the whole thing has given him fewer options in life than someone in prison. And he doesn't really understand. Sure there will be exceptions captured by national policy, but the greater good is served by innoculating people who through no fault of their own are more likely to catch it if thet are out and about.

As for the other hypothetical categories, you sound like Norman Tebbit. You would prefer.to deny those in genuine need than inadvertently benefit those who in your judgement deserve what they get.

Death is a harsh sentence for being a fattie, I would say.
    I wasn't making a comment other than replying to an earlier comment about expected timescales. Group 6 is for those people who fall into assorts of different categories obesity being but one.

Since group 6 encompasses an awful lot of people, many of them relatively young then the following groups are some way down the line.

It seems your own personal position has led you to defensively ascribe meaning to my post that just isn't there. (your Tebbit comments and deciding what I would or wouldn't like)

I don't expect an apology, this is the internet after all.

Okay. Can you explain the comment about it being a discrimination issue. It struck a nerve. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I'll apologise.

I do think Tebbit is under used as an insult though.
    Discrimination, which is a complicated area presents serious challenges in the provision of medical care. eg prep a hugely expensive drug used by the gay community to prevent infection caused by unprotected gay sex was demanded as a right and framed as a discrimination issue. the budget which is finite has to be balanced and the net effect is other areas have to be pruned, Cancer treatment perhaps.

In the provision of the vaccine in a justified discriminatory manner (age) there is also an exceptions group (group 6) where a very large group of people are given priority based on their needs. The vaccination of the parents of a child who has a statement of education need for example makes little sense. Especially since the parent and the child will be through necessity mixing with children and parents who don't fall into that category. However depending on the issue with the child, the parent may be considered to have the same disability and treated as such.

Now im not saying that's the case, but I suspect it might be a consideration. Im not sure if each health authority has to manage the order of its own citizens and therefore make decisions about the group in which each person belongs but if they are I would expect some to err on the side of caution and to take advice accordingly.

OMG the gammons are out in force today. Absolute fruitcake.
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    joe2019 said:

john80 said:

and why would I care?

He definitely has iron between the ears if that's what you mean.
  • joe2019

joe2019 said:

john80 said:

and why would I care?

Must be a bummer that you can’t change your original answer to the poll 😂

Yeah, that really sucks :)

• pinkbikini
    Well, in theory you’re giving a vaccine to someone you think is more deserving. Well done you. Noble sacrifice IMO.
  • joe2019

Well, in theory you’re giving a vaccine to someone you think is more deserving. Well done you. Noble sacrifice IMO.

That sounds great, happy for them. Thanks for the info.

• pinkbikini
    joe2019 said:

Honestly not being patronising. You’ve changed your mind (I think it’s bonkers, but each to their own) but you’ve avoided delay for someone else, which is a good thing.
  • joe2019

joe2019 said:

Honestly not being patronising. You’ve changed your mind (I think it’s bonkers, but each to their own) but you’ve avoided delay for someone else, which is a good thing.

Yes, I stated that I thought that, as the Astra vaccine was experimental, I wouldn't be in a rush to have it.

I then got an invite to a centre where I know that they give the Oxford vaccine.

With the subsequent news that many countries are not administrating this vaccine due to potential issues, I've decided to revert to my original stance and not to rush in.

What's your problem with that?
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,596
    It's not experimental?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • joe2019
    edited March 2021
    pangolin said:

It's not experimental?

It's novel, no mRNA vaccine was ever approved before C19.
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    joe2019 said:

pangolin said:

It's not experimental?

I thought the AZ vaccine is basically a standard vaccine rushed through. The Pfizer/moderna/johnson vaccines are the mRNA type.
  • pinkbikini
    joe2019 said:

joe2019 said:

Yes, I stated that I thought that, as the Astra vaccine was experimental, I wouldn't be in a rush to have it.

I then got an invite to a centre where I know that they give the Oxford vaccine.

With the subsequent news that many countries are not administrating this vaccine due to potential issues, I've decided to revert to my original stance and not to rush in.

I quite literally have no problem with you foregoing the vaccine to allow someone else to receive it.

You were much more fun on the movie thread!
  • joe2019

joe2019 said:

joe2019 said:

I quite literally have no problem with you foregoing the vaccine to allow someone else to receive it.

You were much more fun on the movie thread!

Yeah got a bit bored with that thread... I can recall films better than vaccine types it seems :)

• joe2019
    mully79 said:

joe2019 said:

pangolin said:

It's not experimental?

I thought the AZ vaccine is basically a standard vaccine rushed through. The Pfizer/moderna/johnson vaccines are the mRNA type.

My mistake of course.

• john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    joe2019 said:

john80 said:

and why would I care?

Why don't you tell us at what point in the getting covid but not having the vaccine would bother you. Would it be when you were struggling to breathe and in the ambulance to hospital. Or would you care just as they are sedating you to throat fuck you with medical implements in ICU. After that you probably don't care as you are not conscious or dead.

You will miss out on the unfortunate side effect the males are all getting of increased girth, length and longevity so I have heard on Facebook. You should read up on its between stories of blood clots.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    Can I just get this straight as it makes no sense to me. The OP wasn't sure about getting the jab as he considered it to be experimental, even though it's passed testing. Then at some point decided it had been given to enough people so he opted to take it when offered. Then after a news story about possible adverse reactions to one of the vaccines in a few people decided not to have it because it's a new style of vaccine which he is back to believing is experimental.
    But, the reactions were from the conventional type vaccine, not the new type. So it's not experimental after all.
    But as a result of all this he would rather risk dying of covid or the continued spread of it than dying of a possible side affect.
    Have I missed anything pertinent?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,120

Can I just get this straight as it makes no sense to me. The OP wasn't sure about getting the jab as he considered it to be experimental, even though it's passed testing. Then at some point decided it had been given to enough people so he opted to take it when offered. Then after a news story about possible adverse reactions to one of the vaccines in a few people decided not to have it because it's a new style of vaccine which he is back to believing is experimental.
    But, the reactions were from the conventional type vaccine, not the new type. So it's not experimental after all.
    But as a result of all this he would rather risk dying of covid or the continued spread of it than dying of a possible side affect.

That the whole thread was created for trolling purposes. I took it at face value for a bit but after a few pages it became obvious trolling was the sole purpose.
  • veronese68
    Pross said:

That the whole thread was created for trolling purposes. I took it at face value for a bit but after a few pages it became obvious trolling was the sole purpose.
    This is true, but then I guess I'm trolling too. It just shows what a ridiculous position anti vaxxers are putting themselves in.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    vegas76 said:

david37 said:

david37 said:

david37 said:

Feels like the pace of calling up new groups is slowing in Hampshire, two weeks ago those aged 64+ could visit ad-hoc walk-in vaccination centres, these have now ceased as the 60-63 group are being invited to get their first jab. At 47, I'll be amazed if I get a jab before the end of April.

I'm the same age, and I'm expecting well into June.
    its because they're on group 6 which is massive. If for eg you have a child who has been diagnosed with adhd or has learning difficulties you get the jab as the disability is then associated to you. Its a discrimination issue I believe. This means many more people under 50 will be getting the jab than those 50 - 65 before April

It also includes those who have eaten and drunk themselves to obesity or diabetes, have drink or drug problems etc etc

As well of course as those with all other underlying health issues past or present.
    I'm well behind on the thread but I don't have an issue with vaccinating anyone young with specific issues. My bother in law is in care and is in his early 40s and the whole thing has given him fewer options in life than someone in prison. And he doesn't really understand. Sure there will be exceptions captured by national policy, but the greater good is served by innoculating people who through no fault of their own are more likely to catch it if thet are out and about.

As for the other hypothetical categories, you sound like Norman Tebbit. You would prefer.to deny those in genuine need than inadvertently benefit those who in your judgement deserve what they get.

Death is a harsh sentence for being a fattie, I would say.
    I wasn't making a comment other than replying to an earlier comment about expected timescales. Group 6 is for those people who fall into assorts of different categories obesity being but one.

Since group 6 encompasses an awful lot of people, many of them relatively young then the following groups are some way down the line.

It seems your own personal position has led you to defensively ascribe meaning to my post that just isn't there. (your Tebbit comments and deciding what I would or wouldn't like)

I don't expect an apology, this is the internet after all.

Okay. Can you explain the comment about it being a discrimination issue. It struck a nerve. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I'll apologise.

I do think Tebbit is under used as an insult though.
    Discrimination, which is a complicated area presents serious challenges in the provision of medical care. eg prep a hugely expensive drug used by the gay community to prevent infection caused by unprotected gay sex was demanded as a right and framed as a discrimination issue. the budget which is finite has to be balanced and the net effect is other areas have to be pruned, Cancer treatment perhaps.

In the provision of the vaccine in a justified discriminatory manner (age) there is also an exceptions group (group 6) where a very large group of people are given priority based on their needs. The vaccination of the parents of a child who has a statement of education need for example makes little sense. Especially since the parent and the child will be through necessity mixing with children and parents who don't fall into that category. However depending on the issue with the child, the parent may be considered to have the same disability and treated as such.

Now im not saying that's the case, but I suspect it might be a consideration. Im not sure if each health authority has to manage the order of its own citizens and therefore make decisions about the group in which each person belongs but if they are I would expect some to err on the side of caution and to take advice accordingly.

OMG the gammons are out in force today. Absolute fruitcake.
    another moron white male hating turd
  • joe2019

I was never going to accept the novel vaccine.

I accepted an invitation for the Astra vaccine,

It was declared unsafe by multiple countries.

I decided to wait.

I can still spread Covid even with a vaccine.

I'm not at risk of dying of Covid.

Clear enough?

• veronese68
    joe2019 said:

I was never going to accept the novel vaccine.

I accepted an invitation for the Astra vaccine,

It was declared unsafe by multiple countries.

I decided to wait.

I can still spread Covid even with a vaccine.

I'm not at risk of dying of Covid.

Clear enough?

I think that you're a fool then.
    Most people are not given a choice beforehand, I call bullshit.
    True, let's see how it plays out.
    Your choice.
    Research indicates it reduces spread, as do most vaccines.
    You can't possibly know that, unless you're dead already. Claiming that makes you look more of a fool. Do you think a tin foil hat protects you from covid?