Will you have the Covid-19 vaccine?

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    Pross said:

My 17 year old has just got her first appointment for next Monday. It came as a bit of a surprise, she had cancer treatment that finished about 11 or 12 years ago but hadn't been told to shield at any point so we didn't think she would be prioritised.

That's brilliant news. I finished chemo about 15 years ago now, I've been on the priority list ever since I think. Have been offered the flu jab every year and usually take it, had the covid jab a couple of weeks ago. I once asked if I should still be on the list and was told if I'm on the list I really don't want to be taken off it.
    I vaguely recall being told that I would stay on the books so if I ever have any symptoms I could be referred straight back without going through normal channels. I've only done that once, thankfully a false alarm.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,957
    david37 said:

Feels like the pace of calling up new groups is slowing in Hampshire, two weeks ago those aged 64+ could visit ad-hoc walk-in vaccination centres, these have now ceased as the 60-63 group are being invited to get their first jab. At 47, I'll be amazed if I get a jab before the end of April.

I'm the same age, and I'm expecting well into June.
    its because they're on group 6 which is massive. If for eg you have a child who has been diagnosed with adhd or has learning difficulties you get the jab as the disability is then associated to you. Its a discrimination issue I believe. This means many more people under 50 will be getting the jab than those 50 - 65 before April

It also includes those who have eaten and drunk themselves to obesity or diabetes, have drink or drug problems etc etc

As well of course as those with all other underlying health issues past or present.
    I'm well behind on the thread but I don't have an issue with vaccinating anyone young with specific issues. My bother in law is in care and is in his early 40s and the whole thing has given him fewer options in life than someone in prison. And he doesn't really understand. Sure there will be exceptions captured by national policy, but the greater good is served by innoculating people who through no fault of their own are more likely to catch it if thet are out and about.

As for the other hypothetical categories, you sound like Norman Tebbit. You would prefer.to deny those in genuine need than inadvertently benefit those who in your judgement deserve what they get.

Death is a harsh sentence for being a fattie, I would say.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,388
    vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

The question I ask myself is, 'would I let them give this relatively unproven vaccine to my teenage children' (who have had all their childhood vaccines to date).

Yet more stupidity.

The vaccine isn't licenced for under 18s yet. I'm surprised you found the right hole to make children with, with your level of brain power.
    Under 16s, my 17 year old is due to have it on Monday.
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    Pross said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

The question I ask myself is, 'would I let them give this relatively unproven vaccine to my teenage children' (who have had all their childhood vaccines to date).

Yet more stupidity.

The vaccine isn't licenced for under 18s yet. I'm surprised you found the right hole to make children with, with your level of brain power.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca#:~:text=COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca,cause COVID-19.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,388
    vegas76 said:

Pross said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

Yet more stupidity.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca#:~:text=COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca,cause COVID-19.
    Pfizer is licenced for 16 and over though.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    edited March 2021
    vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

Yet more stupidity.

Insulting and too lazy to Google
  • vegas76
    joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

Yet more stupidity.

Still know more than you.
  • joe2019
    vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

Yet more stupidity.

Yeah, I wish I was as bright as you.
  • vegas76
    joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

Yet more stupidity.

You can't have it all. There there.
  • joe2019
    vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

vegas76 said:

joe2019 said:

Yet more stupidity.

You can't have it all. There there.

I'll have to settle for less.

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,987
    Oi, stop it. This is a cake stop, not a primary school playground.
  • joe2019

It's my thread and I'm going home... :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157
    joe2019 said:

Mission accomplished.
    Well done all you fish.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • vegas76
    pblakeney said:

joe2019 said:

Mission accomplished.
    Well done all you fish.
    He settled for less.
  • veronese68
    joe2019 said:

We haven't had a good flounce for ages, I don't think you're trying very hard
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    joe2019 said:

Forgive me for being direct, but nothing you have posted on this thread or any other suggests that you could understand more than one word in four from that interview.

I'm out.

:)

He threatened to go 4 pages ago.
  • joe2019
    webboo said:

joe2019 said:

Forgive me for being direct, but nothing you have posted on this thread or any other suggests that you could understand more than one word in four from that interview.

I'm out.

:)

He threatened to go 4 pages ago.

Who did?

• webboo
    Did you not say “ I’m out”
  • joe2019
    webboo said:

No, bompington did, check the quotes, mine was the :)

• webboo
    My mistake.
    Which is good because a bit of rampant conspiracy theory with my morning coffee reminds me what I’m not missing about work.
  • joe2019
    webboo said:

My mistake.

No worries

• veronese68
    webboo said:

My mistake.
    Which is good because a bit of rampant conspiracy theory with my morning coffee reminds me what I’m not missing about work.

Take a look at the rim brakes are dead thread and the big covid one, Tonyf34 is definitely on something.
  • webboo

webboo said:

My mistake.

Take a look at the rim brakes are dead thread and the big covid one, Tonyf34 is definitely on something.
    He might be on nothing and that’s the problem.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

david37 said:

Feels like the pace of calling up new groups is slowing in Hampshire, two weeks ago those aged 64+ could visit ad-hoc walk-in vaccination centres, these have now ceased as the 60-63 group are being invited to get their first jab. At 47, I'll be amazed if I get a jab before the end of April.

I'm the same age, and I'm expecting well into June.
    its because they're on group 6 which is massive. If for eg you have a child who has been diagnosed with adhd or has learning difficulties you get the jab as the disability is then associated to you. Its a discrimination issue I believe. This means many more people under 50 will be getting the jab than those 50 - 65 before April

It also includes those who have eaten and drunk themselves to obesity or diabetes, have drink or drug problems etc etc

As well of course as those with all other underlying health issues past or present.
    I'm well behind on the thread but I don't have an issue with vaccinating anyone young with specific issues. My bother in law is in care and is in his early 40s and the whole thing has given him fewer options in life than someone in prison. And he doesn't really understand. Sure there will be exceptions captured by national policy, but the greater good is served by innoculating people who through no fault of their own are more likely to catch it if thet are out and about.

As for the other hypothetical categories, you sound like Norman Tebbit. You would prefer.to deny those in genuine need than inadvertently benefit those who in your judgement deserve what they get.

Death is a harsh sentence for being a fattie, I would say.
    I wasn't making a comment other than replying to an earlier comment about expected timescales. Group 6 is for those people who fall into assorts of different categories obesity being but one.

Since group 6 encompasses an awful lot of people, many of them relatively young then the following groups are some way down the line.

It seems your own personal position has led you to defensively ascribe meaning to my post that just isn't there. (your Tebbit comments and deciding what I would or wouldn't like)

I don't expect an apology, this is the internet after all.

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

i claim him out as a lunatic.

They have convinced you to take an experimental vaccination without liability for a virus with a 99% survival rate and you think I'm a lunatic. :)

You utter clown. It's not "experimental", in fact, it's probably been tested more than any other drug released this year.
    Source: work in healthcare, including alongside clinical researchers.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • vegas76
    secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

They have convinced you to take an experimental vaccination without liability for a virus with a 99% survival rate and you think I'm a lunatic. :)

You utter clown. It's not "experimental", in fact, it's probably been tested more than any other drug released this year.

In his case the bill Gates implanted chip would be a decided improvement.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    joe2019 said:

webboo said:

No, bompington did, check the quotes, mine was the :)

Should have been the

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • joe2019
    secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

That's true, tested on millions of people.

Before Covid-19 no mRNA vaccine or drug had ever won approval.

The mid to long term effects of mRNA vaccines are unknown.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    joe2019 said:

secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

You don't know much about vaccines, science or drug trials, do you?
  • vegas76
    joe2019 said:

secretsam said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

What a moron you are. Real qanon / flat earther.