Comments

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,965
    Exactly. Game set and bloody match!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited July 2021

I was told I was i was of a good club level standard by an ex's dad, who was a tennis coach. Never had a lesson in my life, just played at school at breaks and occasionally with mates
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,636

What really annoys me is I bet half you c0ck Kn0ckers can't even play tennis. Darts is about the limit.

Speak for yourself, brilliant at sports me, particularly c0ck knocking.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

You have totally missed the point. I don't make a point of being rude to people. I have been here a long time, I have very rarely been rude to anyone.

Explain why you are more British than someone else who is British, and why it matters.

Never heard of you. Must be new. Sound feisty too.
    Says the newbie.
    And as such, your opinion counts for censored all.
    Who that fark are you?
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

I was told I was i was of a good club level standard by an ex's dad, who was a tennis coach. Never had a lesson in my life, just played at school at breaks and occasionally with mates
    Being 7 foot 5 probably helped elbow.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Being 7 foot 5 probably helped elbow.
    You're thinking of basketball and shelf stacking.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm shoite at tennis. More in line with Björn Borg's retirement at 26 to sit in his pants sniffing coke, watching pron and hiring hookers.
  • seanoconn
    Berrettini struck down with nerves. Too easy for Djokovic. He might relax when he’s two sets behind and virtually over.
  • focuszing723
    seanoconn said:

Berrettini struck down with nerves. Too easy for Djokovic. He might relax when he’s two sets behind and virtually over.

Yeah. Djokovic is at his best when he's two sets down. To be honest I would like to see Berrettini win. I've never been a fan of his Djokovic.
  • seanoconn
    Big ask for any player to win a grand slam final at the first attempt. Finals experience at this level is invaluable.
  • focuszing723
    seanoconn said:

Big ask for any player to win a grand slam final at the first attempt. Finals experience at this level is invaluable.

Yep, definitely. I guess it proves it with the amount the big three have won it.
  • seanoconn
    Poor quality final but nice to see a bit of support for Djokovic for a change.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,801
    Crowd members shouting out between points is definitely one for the annoyances thread.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,293
    mrb123 said:

Crowd members shouting out between points is definitely one for the annoyances thread.

There's always the one who has to have a last shout just as everyone else has quietened down and a player is about to serve. I'm guessing they don't go along to many tennis tournaments - similar to the idiots that have started turning up at rugby just to get on TV and who boo the opposition goal kicker. Fecking chavs
  • seanoconn
    Pross said:

mrb123 said:

There's always the one who has to have a last shout just as everyone else has quietened down and a player is about to serve. I'm guessing they don't go along to many tennis tournaments - similar to the idiots that have started turning up at rugby just to get on TV and who boo the opposition goal kicker. Fecking chavs
    Don’t get too many chavs at Wimbledon pross. Plenty of d!ck heads in every social group. Shouting out between points isn’t new, it’s down to the umpire to get the crowd under control.
  • Pross
    seanoconn said:

Pross said:

mrb123 said:

Don’t get too many chavs at Wimbledon pross. Plenty of d!ck heads in every social group. Shouting out between points isn’t new, it’s down to the umpire to get the crowd under control.
    I'd say there are plenty of them if you use the original definition. Not as many as you get at Royal Ascot though.
  • Good luck to Emma Raducanu in the US Open final, live tonight on CH4.
  • seanoconn
    Djokovic attempting the calendar grand slam tomorrow.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,635
    They should come up with a name for when someone wins all four grand slams in a year.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Ok, I bite. Winning all 4 of Oz, French, Wimblebum and US equals a grand slam.

Otherwise winning one is erm, winning one.
  • focuszing723
    edited September 2021
    orraloon said:

Why would you call it Wimblebum? Especially when Scott Murray has won it twice and now lives in Surrey. Honestly, you're such bloody idiot.
  • They should come up with a name for the major tournaments.
  • Pross

orraloon said:

Why would you call it Wimblebum? Especially when Scott Murray has won it twice and now lives in Surrey. Honestly, you're such bloody idiot.
    Who's Scott Murray?
  • Pross said:

orraloon said:

Who's Scott Murray?
    Writes about sport for the guardian.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227

orraloon said:

Jist parlez-ing the lingo min. Gotta fit in with the posh boys, dontcha know.
  • froze
    froze Posts: 213
    I think the best ever at this point was and still is Novak Djokovic, this bad dude has beaten Nadal on Nadal's preferred surface. But this subject would be argumentative since some will argue that Federer is the better player, but records say that when Djokovic played Federer and Nadal one on one, Djokovic wins more times than not against them, the score against is Federer is 27 to 23, Federer lost 27 times to Djokovic; and he beat Nadal 30 to 28; so just on that alone shows that Djokovic is the better player, not by much, but the better player nonetheless.

However the ones to watch for the up and coming new guard is Dominc Thiem, Alexander Zverev, and especially Stefanos Tsitsipas. They stand a very good chance to take over as the leaders for the new guard coming it that will replace the old guards of tennis. Be interesting to see if any of them can better Djokovic, Federer, and Nadal in the long term for titles won.
  • seanoconn
    froze said:

I think the best ever at this point was and still is Novak Djokovic, this bad dude has beaten Nadal on Nadal's preferred surface. But this subject would be argumentative since some will argue that Federer is the better player, but records say that when Djokovic played Federer and Nadal one on one, Djokovic wins more times than not against them, the score against is Federer is 27 to 23, Federer lost 27 times to Djokovic; and he beat Nadal 30 to 28; so just on that alone shows that Djokovic is the better player, not by much, but the better player nonetheless.

However the ones to watch for the up and coming new guard is Dominc Thiem, Alexander Zverev, and especially Stefanos Tsitsipas. They stand a very good chance to take over as the leaders for the new guard coming it that will replace the old guards of tennis. Be interesting to see if any of them can better Djokovic, Federer, and Nadal in the long term for titles won.

Agree about Djokovic. As for the ‘new’ guard, Dominic Thiem is 28 years old, Zverev 24 and has been on the tour for 8 years! Tsitsipas is doing a great job of blowing his career with his stupid antics, long toilet breaks, snatching towels angrily from ball girls and hitting his dad with his smashed tennis racket 😂 the crowd have started to enjoy booing him, which might be difficult to over come. Medvedev is the best of the bunch but none of them will come remotely close to the big three.
  • Brilliant result, I'm really pleased for her.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,843

Good luck to Emma Raducanu in the US Open final, live tonight on CH4.

Great game well done her. A superstar in the making.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Good luck to Emma Raducanu in the US Open final, live tonight on CH4.

Great game well done her. A superstar in the making.
    Some people might notice she’s a good looking girl, not me of course, I won’t notice till she’s 21. Will certainly help with sponsorship.