TDF 2020 - Stage 21: Mantes-la-Jolie - Paris Champs-Élysées 122 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Bennett seemed to deliberately let Steven and Pedersen slot in front of him which seemed a very s.art move.

I assume that 5th place was Viviani's best of the race? Barely noticed him in any other sprints.
  • Pross said:

No silver lining for JV. Being given a train and the chance to go for it WVA seemed to have his worst sprint of the race.

He got himself badly placed, then on one of the last curves he appeared to need to momentarily stop pedalling, as riders taking the curve slightly blocked him, and that was that.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Am liking Sam's sprint analysis interview.
  • Pross
    Pogacar seems a decent kid. Very humble and seems a bit shocked still.
  • "Sorry if I sound arrogant..."

You can sound as arrogant as you like Sam.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Pross said:

Nerve racking giving a speech
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Pross said:

I assume that 5th place was Viviani's best of the race? Barely noticed him in any other sprints.

He has gone Full Cofidis....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • If the donkey advert is bad, I did not need to see Johnny Depp trying to flog some Savage or whatever it's called cologne.
  • Pross said:

His bit about not liking birthdays... Bless.
  • If the donkey advert is bad, I did not need to see Johnny Depp trying to flog some Savage or whatever it's called cologne.

The must be a joke about Tibaut Pinot in there somewhere.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross said:

His bit about not liking birthdays... Bless.
    He's like a 40 year old in a 21 year old's body.
  • Pross
    First Tour where I've watched at least part of every stage live. Did miss the finish of Wout's first stage win though.
  • These podium presentations are weird. Watching them walk out with their trophies, their flowers and their jerseys already. It's good, but it really brings Coronavirus home.
  • Pross said:

First Tour where I've watched at least part of every stage live. Did miss the finish of Wout's first stage win though.

Totally the opposite for me. I normally have time work wise in July, but not in September and that hasn't changed with Covid.
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    I am stuck looking after shielded types in a hamlet best part of the year ... Herding geriatric cats ...driving me bonkers...this tour and this forum is my social life for this month .. I hate 2020
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Have they always had a separate yellow jersey presentation on the final stage? Seems a bit futile no?
  • mididoctors
    Learnt my major client has lost 96 million quid cos of covid and may mothball ... Woohooo

• alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    Oi Rog... Get the wean off the podium... Only one kid allowed on the podium and he's in Yellow.

Ritchie doesn't have his week old baby there.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Must check s map to find out where Slovenia is
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    Looks like a fish singing that lol
  • I thought Roglic was carrying Richie Porte for a moment there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I thought Roglic was carrying Richie Porte for a moment there.

Haha! Love it!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    So sweet from Ritchie making silly eyes with Rog jnr during Pog's speech
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    All in all, this Tour has been almost miraculous. Given the state of everything it's gone as well as anyone could ever have hoped. Chapeau.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455

"It's wonderful to see Jumbo VIsma being so graceful here."

On the other hand absolutely sod all happening to Richie Porte is an utter delight. Why didn't he try having a fairly calm, uneventful tour before? It seems to suit him...

He had put the work in to go for the Lantern real hard. His youthful exuberance just made him overdo it. Shame he has now lost focus on that goal.

(Really happy for him. Think he made the right call to switch back to professional super domestique at 35. Make a good living after giving it a solid try. No shame in that. 3rd place in the Tour a great way to cap it off)
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023

• It's quite refreshing to have a bike winning the Tour without being powered by fishing kit.

I actually quite like Colnago. I very nearly bought an Ottanta 85 C60 a couple of years ago. It’s nice that they used Campag.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Yeah, that was a good Tour.

Now what to watch in the coming week...?
  • These podium presentations are weird. Watching them walk out with their trophies, their flowers and their jerseys already. It's good, but it really brings Coronavirus home.

Stay two metres away, keep your mask on, and wash your hands and it needn't.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660

It's quite refreshing to have a bike winning the Tour without being powered by fishing kit.

I actually quite like Colnago. I very nearly bought an Ottanta 85 C60 a couple of years ago. It’s nice that they used Campag.

I've never particularly wanted one, but I'm in the ITV competition that has one this year so 🤞🤞🤞🤞
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver

Stay two metres away, keep your mask on, and wash your hands and it needn't.
    Ha!