TDF 2020 - Stage 20: Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles 36.2 km *Spoilers*

1121314151618»

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    m.r.m. said:

The biggest and most obvious secret to avoiding a hangover I've ever found is to pound a ton of water before going to bed. If you drink water between drinks at the party so much the better, but as long as you can get a litre or more before bed, usually results in no hangover at all for me. Okay, I tend to be fortunate to not get much of a hangover anyway.

The only downside is occasionally wetting yourself during the night.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I always have found drinking lots of water in order to prevent a hangover, just means I have to get up lots to go for a pee. Which in turn leads to a hangover with added sleep deprivation.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    Hahaha ok ok ok :smiley:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    edited September 2020
    m.r.m. said:

The biggest and most obvious secret to avoiding a hangover I've ever found is to pound a ton of water before going to bed. If you drink water between drinks at the party so much the better, but as long as you can get a litre or more before bed, usually results in no hangover at all for me. Okay, I tend to be fortunate to not get much of a hangover anyway.

Doesn't really work for me... I don't think most of my hangovers are really due to dehydration.

One of my mates says that you should drink as much water as you can without pissing yourself before you go to bed. The issue with that, is you are quite likely to wake up in a very wet bed...

Edit- ok I didn't read the posts on this page before I posted...
  • Should have been Copenhagen next summer, but we'll have to wait for '22
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343

PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Orange juice > water

Vitamins help
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    gsk82 said:

Orange juice > water

Vitamins help

Acidic though isn't it.

I think the sugar probably helps too.