7) R Carapaz 17:22
    8) M Landa 17:23
    9) M Soler 17:24
    10) W Barguil 17:27
    11) P Roglic 17:30
    12) T Dumoulin 17:32

M A Lopez 44th.

I'd say Porte the most impressive...

Quite pleased for him actually... he's not been very lucky through the years. Nice way to close the curtains
    left the forum March 2023
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,347
    edited September 2020
    How can Porte (who had a good day) be more impressive today than Pogacar? That's ludicrous. No offense intended.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,167
    On PTP, 21 people picked Roglic, only two picked Pogacar. That's how expected this was.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,204
    edited September 2020
    Fair play to the people who picked Pogacar too. I don't think many people would have put a serious amount of money on him winning.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited September 2020
    RichN95. said:

On PTP, 21 people picked Roglic, only two picked Pogacar. That's how expected this was.

?

People have been saying for a while that Roglic should create a sufficient gap because Pogacar will beat Roglic in the TT.

He is the reigning Slovenian TT champion (and thus better than Roglic in the TT).

If you mean betting on winning the TDF, ok that is a bit unexpected.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    My alarm bells started to ring a couple of days ago when the Jumbo Director got kicked off the Tour.
    1. If I was a director of the team leading in the last week, I would be trying to maintain calm within the team.
    2. Wonder if he was missed today?
    3. Wonder what he got wound up about? Perhaps there was a problem with Roglic then...
    Half man, Half bike
  • Not taking anything away from Pogacar, but ....
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    m.r.m. said:

How can Porte (who had a good day) be more impressive today than Pogacar? That's ludicrous. No offense intended.

Yeah, that's silly talk.

• Been a good race, and a really interesting course this year. Chateau to the organisers.
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    I was just thinking about the DS getting booted off, not because of the tin foil hat thing , but that maybe there was some internal pressure or a problem . Dare I say its not a mega strong grand tour field , and there is or still was doubt about Roglic as a three week rider.

• brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited September 2020

My alarm bells started to ring a couple of days ago when the Jumbo Director got kicked off the Tour.
    1. If I was a director of the team leading in the last week, I would be trying to maintain calm within the team.
    3. Wonder what he got wound up about? Perhaps there was a problem with Roglic then...

He got wound up about the scrutineers ripping Roglics bike apart looking for a motor. Incidentally that was Roglics ‘A’ bike. This is why it’s not sitting easy with me.
  • Matti66
    Sport is red in tooth and all that but ,would say its not great to see a collapse like that .
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited September 2020

He got wound up about the scrutineers ripping Roglics bike apart looking for a motor. Incidentally that was Roglics ‘A’ bike. This is why it’s not sitting easy with me.
    Indeed, the UCI are being rediculous. Just weigh the bike. If it is 6.8 kg, there is no way in hell there can be a motor in it, rather than destroying someone his A bike.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Apparently the UCI commisaires or whatever they are called caused damage to the bike, the bottom bracket or chainset, which is why he got angry about it. Usually it is only the mechanics who are allowed to touch riders bikes at all (apart from the riders...).

Granted, he should have chilled out a bit once he found out they were from the UCI.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 465
    Can’t believe Roglic and JV haven’t won this Tour. They had the strongest team and should have put Roglic in an unassailable position before getting to the TT.

The looks on WVA and big Tom’s faces as they watched the final part of the TT were priceless.

Chapeau Pog!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,737
    zest28 said:

Indeed, the UCI are being rediculous. Just weigh the bike. If it is 6.8 kg, there is no way in hell there can be a motor in it, rather than destroying someone his A bike.
    Heard it reported on one podcast that the UCI person had set about the bike himself in a rather rough and clumsy manner. Surely he could have simply asked a JV mechanic to open it up while he watched on?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,965
    It's going to be a quiet bus journey to Paris for the Jumbo lot. Guess they're lucky this year's stage 20 is the closest finish to Paris for a few years!

On the DS front, was it Jumbo who screwed up with the mis-timed pee stop last year, or was that Sunweb?
  • Matti66
    Jumbo at the Giro
  • Matti66
    Was a Different DS , engels?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,870
    Was an absolutely sensational TT. Destroyed everyone.

The Belgians on the call couldn’t believe the figures on the screen so were doing their own timings.
  • rick_chasey
    Carpet is ok btw. A little damp still but it passes the sniff test thank god
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Was an absolutely sensational TT. Destroyed everyone.

The Belgians on the call couldn’t believe the figures on the screen so were doing their own timings.

The timings did jump around a lot. ITV took their own manual time check as well at one point.
  • rick_chasey
    I have to say it didn’t *look* like a once in a lifetime TT, but holy moly
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,965
    So which rider who is going to turn 21 before the end of June 2021 is going to win the 2021 Tour?

Back to the DS - maybe Jumbo need some better ones?!!
  • I’m still buzzing. What a sport this is.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,204
    edited September 2020

His helmet all off his bonce was a bit odd considering how importantly they take all the aerodynamics.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,801
    m.r.m. said:

Elated for Pogacar. Utterly insane performance this Tour. How do you decimate Ineos and JV basically on your own? Utterly magnificent. I'm truly blown away.

Feel really sorry for Roglic.

If Roglic were French, he'd be set for life.

He didn't exactly decimate JV did he? He held onto their coat tails on all bar one stage and then put in a superb performance on the only one v one stage. Ineos didn't really turn up until their leader went home.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    m.r.m. said:

Elated for Pogacar. Utterly insane performance this Tour. How do you decimate Ineos and JV basically on your own? Utterly magnificent. I'm truly blown away.

Feel really sorry for Roglic.

If Roglic were French, he'd be set for life.

It turned out he didn't need to do anything but follow until the TT.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    Watching the highlights again.

Porte was basically written off after the first split. 40+s behind WvA.