Ineos Grenadiers

Comments

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,911
    I suppose the question is, was Pogacar underpar in the Tour because he did MSR, Flanders and all of those classics races, or because he crashed and was injured in the run up to the Tour?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,975
    The latter IMHO.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    Of course it was the latter. He was off his bike for a month.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    Vingegaard did as many race days before the end of April as Pogacar. They may have been at a lower level, although they both did Paris-Nice, but I don't think Pogacar's spring program had any impact on his Tour prep, or lack of.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,411
    Sorry, think I sent this off track (or helped to). Pog v Vingegaard seems a strange topic for an Ineos thread....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610

Sorry, think I sent this off track (or helped to). Pog v Vingegaard seems a strange topic for an Ineos thread....

Lol, I have been confused a couple of times wondering if I had mis clicked :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Geraint Thomas Cycling Club podcast dropping a teaser about signing today

• roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 465
    Confirmed on the Grenadiers You Tube channel.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    Waiting on Luke now...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • daniel_b
    2 years takes him through until he's 39.5 years old - I imagine he will ready to hang up his wheels at that point.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    2 years is long enough to have a crack at the Giro again, then start putting on weight for the cobbles in '25..... :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,949
    daniel_b said:

2 years takes him through until he's 39.5 years old - I imagine he will ready to hang up his wheels at that point.

I suspect it's a heavily performance related contract but why wouldn't you, if he'd almost won the Giro?
  • daniel_b said:

2 years? He won't have any pride left by then.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • ddraver
    Listened to the pod and he seems pretty happy with the whole thing. I suspect he's not on tour contender money but it seems like he's still on living in Monaco money...
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,101

m.r.m. said:

roscoe said:

Pog is rumoured to be considering the Giro/Tour double.

Seems a sure fire way to lose the Tour.
    Put it this way, he could ride the Giro and Tour and win the Giro and get on the podium in France, or he could skip the Giro and get on the podium in France.

;)

Most likely
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • roscoe
    Rodriguez signs on for another 3 years! Happy with that.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,212
    roscoe said:

4 years
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,043
    daniel_b said:

I can't think of anyone, if Thomas is not riding the Tour, as a potential top 10 rider, Pidcock as an outside shot I guess, but I really don't see that as being his bag, and presumably he'd want to/need to keep a little something in reserve for the MTB race.

an MTB stage in the TdF, now that is a good idea.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    r0bh said:

roscoe said:

4 years

• roscoe
    r0bh said:

roscoe said:

4 years
    Of course, end of 2027 is 4 years. Silly me
  • daniel_b
    Andrew August follows Sheffield to the team.

Bit of CX with Pidders perhaps?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    daniel_b said:

Andrew August follows Sheffield to the team.

They come from the same place. The August family bike shop used to sponsor Sheffield as a junior.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 482

daniel_b said:

I suspect it's a heavily performance related contract but why wouldn't you, if he'd almost won the Giro?
    He says on his pod that it was originally one year, he asked for two and got it quickly so I assume it’s not a huge basic.
  • daniel_b
    edited October 2023
    Oscar R now on the way too from Movistar.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b said:

Oscar R now on the way too from Movistar.

Wow, they have actually signed someone, even if it’s just another water boy.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    Worth catching Luke Rowe on the recent Besenwagon Podcast (the interview is in English). It's a really good interview because the hosts don't have to bother with the normal British "so, what is the tour de france" questions and aren't journos looking for a scoop so it's just a very good chat.

He lets us know that he's signed for a firmly final 2 years but does not say who for (although, I can't believe it's not Ineos)
    - @ddraver
  • huret
    huret Posts: 62
    And still they haven't formed a Women's team. I thought in the past the bahaviour of Sutton would have been the reason, but he's been long gone.
    Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    huret said:

And still they haven't formed a Women's team. I thought in the past the bahaviour of Sutton would have been the reason, but he's been long gone.

I just one person who said their should be a women's team actually went Sky or Ineos with a plan to start one, they'd be a women's team. But they haven't. They've just demanded that people who aren't interested do it for them.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • daniel_b
    De Plus extends for 3 years taking him to the end of 2026.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • RichN95. said:

huret said:

I just one person who said their should be a women's team actually went Sky or Ineos with a plan to start one, they'd be a women's team. But they haven't. They've just demanded that people who aren't interested do it for them.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/06/cycling-womens-team-sky-proposal-rejected-lizzie-deignan-fran-millar-team-ineos