Ineos Grenadiers

1222324252628»

Comments

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    edited November 2023

He said neither of those things. I’d be very interested in your explanation as to how you deduced that from the podcast. You know, the actual words used.

I didn't deduce anything, that is what was widely reported across the Interwebs as Daniel Friebe complains above.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    That's not how I heard it listening this morning. Seemed like he was keen to not become stuck in 1 place to me rather than not feeling wanted.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Yer, he's basically at the decision point where he becomes a Gee or Luke and stays there for ever or tries elsewhere.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • davidof said:

He said neither of those things. I’d be very interested in your explanation as to how you deduced that from the podcast. You know, the actual words used.

I didn't deduce anything, that is what was widely reported across the Interwebs as Daniel Friebe complains above.
    Your post heavily implied you had listened to the podcast.

You only cited the podcast, not whatever piece of **** lied about the contents.
  • davidof
    edited November 2023

Your post heavily implied you had listened to the podcast.

You only cited the podcast, not whatever piece of **** lied about the contents.

Look, I'm sorry okay but it is really just a detail. I don't think anyone "lied" about the contents, just something got mis reported. The main point for me was he realized at 28 it was now or never and he's moved to a team where he has a clear GC goal.
    Instagramme
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    If a bunch of genuine media outlets c*cked up, I think we can lay off Davidof...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver said:

If a bunch of genuine media outlets c*cked up, I think we can lay off Davidof...

I would suggest that they do not appear to be genuine.

And yes, if your listened to the podcast with TGH and reported what has been reported you are either 1- a liar, or 2- incompetent

Those comments are not aimed at davidof.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    ddraver said:

Yeah, but where's the fun in that? I vote that from now on we hold @davidof responsible for all misquotes, mistranslations, quotes taken out of context and clickbait headlines that the media throw at us.

Something like:
    Clickbait site: POGACAR ADMITS HE'S A FASCIST!
    Pogacar: I said I'm really into FASHION:
    Us: Bloody davidof, calling Pogacar a fascist with no evidence
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    Should all just be cool water under the bridge now.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Boswell's comments on the CyclingNews site yesterday are interesting. Riders willing to go to Jumbo for significantly less money than Ineos are offering.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,594
    edited November 2023
    I read that too, no names of course, but a 'couple of his mates' apparently.

Tulett one perhaps, or maybe not, as they would not have ridden together.

DVB (Mr PFP) could be another I guess, and then Dennis.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 480
    ddraver said:

(I was going to make a comment about how interesting I found his point about injury rehab being something he got on with rather than a great existential and spiritual journey and how it compared to my own experiences but...)

I like that bit. He comes across at being incredibly mature. Says he chose Amsterdam because he wanted more from that time than just to recover from injury etc. quite a practical mindset.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 480
    ddraver said:

Sacking him feels harsh…. ;-)
  • davidof

Those comments are not aimed at davidof.

What can I say, you were write to pick up on this and I'll be a bit more wary of such stories in the future.

Instagramme
  • mooro said:

ddraver said:

(I was going to make a comment about how interesting I found his point about injury rehab being something he got on with rather than a great existential and spiritual journey and how it compared to my own experiences but...)

I like that bit. He comes across at being incredibly mature. Says he chose Amsterdam because he wanted more from that time than just to recover from injury etc. quite a practical mindset.
    I think TGH is the most well-balanced, nicest sportsman Ive ever come across.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,594

mooro said:

ddraver said:

I think TGH is the most well-balanced, nicest sportsman Ive ever come across.
    Thomas too non?

Pogacar seems like a genuine nice bloke as well, from what I've seen anyway, just seems to enjoy racing his bike, very fast.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    https://www.ineosgrenadiers.com/article/ineos-grenadiers-announce-key-appointments

New CEO & performance director, Stevo as director of racing and ex-movi domestque Erviti as DS
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,115
    Mad_Malx said:

https://www.ineosgrenadiers.com/article/ineos-grenadiers-announce-key-appointments

New CEO & performance director, Stevo as director of racing and ex-movi domestque Erviti as DS

That's a potentially interesting move, I think Erviti has the attributes and personality to become a very, very good DS. Good to see Scott Drawer coming back too.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    andyp said:

Mad_Malx said:

That's a potentially interesting move, I think Erviti has the attributes and personality to become a very, very good DS. Good to see Scott Drawer coming back too.
    Scary post number, @andyp .

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,195

Brailsford has resigned as team principal to go full time at Man U

https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com/racing/news/dave-brailsford-resigns-as-ineos-grenadiers-team-principal-to-focus-on-manchester-united

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132

500 wins for Sky/Ineos thanks to PFP winning a French XC Cup round in Marseille......

With no rumours of a women's team, it's looking like she may well be off after this year.

All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,812
    edited March 18

Nice that Team Ineos use a shot of Team Sky as the main photo! 🤣🤣🤣

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470

There isn't rumours of anything much. They seem completely devoid of ideas and/or budget. It's a far cry from the idea that "they're getting even richer" that was been spouted when sky pulled out.

They should go for Phillipsen. They aren't winning a grand tour or maybe even a monument anytime soon.

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,812
    edited March 18

Yeahbut someone media savvy would use a cover shot with their current sponsor.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234

Can we reprise this - and maybe embiggen it? We’ve got a damp patch in the fresh plaster in the new bathroom that the geezer who did our roof is shrugging his shoulders at. It’d be good to have davidof as backup blaimant…

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format