Ineos Grenadiers

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    ddraver said:

ou est Alaphillipe..?

He's got another year on his Soudal-Quick Step contract.
  • I vaguely recall they have announced a lot in early November in the past
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,628

I vaguely recall they have announced a lot in early November in the past

Who's left though?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    edited October 2023
    andyp said:

ddraver said:

ou est Alaphillipe..?

He's got another year on his Soudal-Quick Step contract.
    Is that still happening now...?

Of all the riders he was the least Jumbo Visma. I could believe he made other plans

(why they wouldn't be announced yet is harder to understand tho)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 465
    I see Sir Jim is buying 25% of Manchester UTD for £1.2 billion. Wonder if that’s got some bearing on the budget?
  • andyp
    roscoe said:

I see Sir Jim is buying 25% of Manchester UTD for £1.2 billion. Wonder if that’s got some bearing on the budget?

He's reportedly worth $19 billion, so I don't think he needs the begging bowl just yet.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,621
    2024 - GT for the Giro and C Rod for the Tour again before winging the Vuelta seems a re-run of this year and clutching at straws. Maybe the Classics will offer them more?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,751
    Pidders doing Le Tour and defending his Olympic MTB gold. Busy month or so.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,411
    Well Ganna isn't riding the Tour as he wants to be peaking for the Olympic track program, so it's feasible he might give the classics a thorough go. Hopefully Ben Turner shows the promise of 2022 as well. Not sure how much will be on Pidcock's program, given he will be riding the Tour and then straight into Olympic MTB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    edited October 2023

2024 - GT for the Giro and C Rod for the Tour again before winging the Vuelta seems a re-run of this year and clutching at straws. Maybe the Classics will offer them more?

That's all confirmed somewhere?

That does seem very underwhelming.

Mind you, if Rog and Remco are not at the Giro, and instead are targeting the Tour, perhaps G would have an even better chance.

I'd like to see Ganna competing in the Olympic road TT as well, wonder if he will/can.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,922

Well Ganna isn't riding the Tour as he wants to be peaking for the Olympic track program, so it's feasible he might give the classics a thorough go. Hopefully Ben Turner shows the promise of 2022 as well. Not sure how much will be on Pidcock's program, given he will be riding the Tour and then straight into Olympic MTB

An extreme training session for Pidders! 😂
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Re Ganna, I assume he'll want to do the Giro as (I think) there are two flattish ITT stages and it's ideally timed relative to the OGs. (Thomas and Kennaugh both rode the 2012 Giro as part of their OG Team Pursuit preparations.)

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,621
    daniel_b said:

GT said on his podcast he’s looking at Giro primarily and for reasons you said, it makes sense. Maybe up against TGH?

C Rod is Ineos’ only other rider to aim for Le Tour, right?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,911
    Assuming Bernal is finished as a serious contender.
  • roscoe
    Pog is rumoured to be considering the Giro/Tour double.
  • andyp
    roscoe said:

RCS have made him an offer he can't refuse. (Well he can, but it's meant to be a very generous amount).
  • daniel_b
    edited October 2023

daniel_b said:

GT said on his podcast he’s looking at Giro primarily and for reasons you said, it makes sense. Maybe up against TGH?

I hadn't considered the pitted against TGH potential, though whether he could be back to full fitness by then I do wonder - is he even back on a bike yet has anyone seen?

I can't think of anyone, if Thomas is not riding the Tour, as a potential top 10 rider, Pidcock as an outside shot I guess, but I really don't see that as being his bag, and presumably he'd want to/need to keep a little something in reserve for the MTB race.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    edited October 2023
    Tbh any Ineos rider finishing top 10 in Le Tour 2024 is exceeding expectations.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

Tbh any Ineos rider finishing top 10 in Le Tour 2014 is exceeding expectations.

Yeah, after Froome dropped out before the cobbles they kind of fell apart.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,473
    daniel_b said:

daniel_b said:

I hadn't considered the pitted against TGH potential, though whether he could be back to full fitness by then I do wonder - is he even back on a bike yet has anyone seen?

I can't think of anyone, if Thomas is not riding the Tour, as a potential top 10 rider, Pidcock as an outside shot I guess, but I really don't see that as being his bag, and presumably he'd want to/need to keep a little something in reserve for the MTB race.
    What about the guy who finished 4th (or 5th) this year?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • daniel_b
    gsk82 said:

daniel_b said:

daniel_b said:

What about the guy who finished 4th (or 5th) this year?
    Indeed spot on, I was very aware of C Rod, but clearly forgot when typing.

In my head I was thinking that there was no other rider apart from C Rod (If Thomas was not taking part) who I could see with top 10 potential.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

Tbh any Ineos rider finishing top 10 in Le Tour 2014 is exceeding expectations.

Yeah, after Froome dropped out before the cobbles they kind of fell apart.
    :D:D:D
    Typo, 2024.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • roscoe
    daniel_b said:

daniel_b said:

Pidcock gave an interview this week saying he really only enjoys Mountain Biking and doesn't want to drop that to focus fully on the road yet.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,351
    roscoe said:

Seems a sure fire way to lose the Tour.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    m.r.m. said:

roscoe said:

Put it this way, he could ride the Giro and Tour and win the Giro and get on the podium in France, or he could skip the Giro and get on the podium in France.

;)

• andyp

m.r.m. said:

roscoe said:

Put it this way, he could ride the Giro and Tour and win the Giro and get on the podium in France, or he could skip the Giro and get on the podium in France.

;)

What are the chances that Pogacar has to dig really deep to win the Giro, Vingegaard crashes and breaks his collarbone at the Dauphine and is forced to sit out the Tour, then someone else, probably Sepp Kuss, beats him in the Tour?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,528
    Slim.
    Kuss isn’t that good.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,351

m.r.m. said:

roscoe said:

;)

I agree with this scenario; but if he seriously thinks he can beat Vingegaard at the Tour, he will need to focus on it.
    It's not like other riders who won the Tour didn't also want to win other stuff.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyp
    Given that he came into the Tour this year with far from ideal preparation, and was the equal to Vingegaard until the final week, he really ought to go all in for Tour next year.

He's plenty of time left to have a proper crack at the Giro.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    andyp said:

Given that he came into the Tour this year with far from ideal preparation, and was the equal to Vingegaard until the final week, he really ought to go all in for Tour next year.

He's plenty of time left to have a proper crack at the Giro.

The final week is what Vingegaard is all about though, he needs to be way ahead by then