S*** small races - Post Lockdown 2020

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Some coverage on Eurosport now.

French Men's TT.

Schedule a mix of TT highlights and live women's races (Spain 10am France 1.15)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Anybody who thinks women's racing is more or as exciting as men's racing needs to watch the Spanish and French woman's road race championships.

The former was a formality.

The French is currently live, if it can be called that.
    You would swear they will still on the roll out.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I'm in the middle of a very boring day at work yet I'm still not so bored as to watch National Champ races...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    ...but even my cynical heart can't help be stirred by this.

- @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    ddraver said:

...but even my cynical heart can't help be stirred by this.

Allez Audrey! This makes me so happy. I have been following Audrey since she started popping up in local races for men (and doing quite well) when I was living in Brittany many moons ago. Saw her win the Tour de Bretagne feminin the year it was based in my local village. I lost virtually all of my KOMs that week.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • A great final few kms in the Spanish road race, plus a real cruel epilogue for one main protagonist.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    edited August 2020
    DELETE wrong thread
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    edited August 2020
    Another superb finish (despite Kirby) in the French road race, with it ending in a 3 up sprint between Alaphilippe, Coquard and eventual winner Demare.
    Fair play to the guy, he chased the DQS superstar down, after he had broken clear on the final climb and did it again with 1.5kms to go. He also led out the sprint!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Yeah. Enjoyed that.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Just got in so not entirely sure, but looks like MvdP is leading the Dutch race with 6 km to go!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • m.r.m.
    Yes it seems true. Nils Eeckhoff on the chase.
  • m.r.m.
    3.6 km to go.
  • m.r.m.
    Looking laboured, but should have it in the bag!
  • m.r.m.
    MvdP wins Dutch National Championships RR.
  • DeadCalm

Another superb finish (despite Kirby) in the French road race, with it ending in a 3 up sprint between Alaphilippe, Coquard and eventual winner Demare.
    Fair play to the guy, he chased the DQS superstar down, after he had broken clear on the final climb and did it again with 1.5kms to go. He also led out the sprint!

Really good finish that. I was convinced FDJ were wasting all those riders on the front and that Alaphilippe would ride away on that final climb (which he almost did do) but Demare finished it in style.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    edited August 2020
    Sagan takes the Slovakian title. Juraj that is.

That's 10 years running that one or other of the brothers has taken the title. Keeping it in the family.
    Team My Man 2022:

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Danish nats was mad. Relentless attacks the last 100km.
    Asgreen monstered it, deserved winner.
    Andreas Kron (Riwal) the only one who managed to hold his wheel when he went got 2nd
    Mørkøv won the sprint for 3rd from Mads P.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    DeadCalm said:

Sagan takes the Slovakian title. Juraj that is.

That's 10 years running that one or other of the brothers has taken the title. Keeping it in the family.

need to double check but I dont think Peter was even on the start list. Not seen any pics of him there and wasnt in the top three.

Think this is the only race that Juraj as ever won
  • m.r.m.
    sherer said:

Almost like Bob Jungels.... :po:):D

Just kidding obviously
  • DeadCalm
    m.r.m. said:

sherer said:

Almost like Bob Jungels.... :po:):D

Just kidding obviously
    I'm reasonably sure Jungels has never won the Slovakian title. 😉😊
    Team My Man 2022:

• m.r.m.
    True. Why even pay him if he can't even manage that!
  • ddraver
    Ok, I will accept that this Is a CX Skill...

- @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Is he in the Tour?
  • Where are the European Championships being held? French champs were in Brittany, as is the WT race tomorrow, are the Europeans being held on the same course?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    ddraver said:

Ok, I will accept that this Is a CX Skill...

vdP wins national champs - meh
    vdP rides on a narrow strip of concrete most of the time - WOW
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    edited August 2020

Where are the European Championships being held? French champs were in Brittany, as is the WT race tomorrow, are the Europeans being held on the same course?

National Championships France - Grand-Champ › Grand-Champ
    European Continental Championships - Plouay › Plouay
    Bretagne Classic - Plouay › Plouay
  • DeadCalm
    Anyone know why Ineos don't appear to be riding the Bretagne Classic? I'd have thought the profile would suit Dunbar and Hayter.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm said:

Anyone know why Ineos don't appear to be riding the Bretagne Classic? I'd have thought the profile would suit Dunbar and Hayter.

https://cyclingpro.net/spaziociclismo/worldtour/bretagne-classic-2020-ineos-e-jumbo-visma-non-saranno-al-via/

Google:

There will be only 23 teams at the start of the Bretagne Classic 2020. Contrary to what was initially expected, in fact, there will be two less teams this morning at the start of the historic GP Plouay. The absences are not just given that they are Team Ineos and Team Jumbo - Visma, probably the two most anticipated formations on Saturday at the Grand Départ of the Tour de France. The news has gone unnoticed in these days, with the organization that has probably hoped until the last to have confirmation of the presence of the two teams, despite not having sent the names of their riders by 5 August, which was the deadline. initially set by the organization.
  • DeadCalm
    So Jumbo and Ineos have just snubbed the race? It's a World Tour race so they're supposed to send a team, right? Will they be in bother with the UCI or are there virus related dispensations?
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm said:

So Jumbo and Ineos have just snubbed the race? It's a World Tour race so they're supposed to send a team, right? Will they be in bother with the UCI or are there virus related dispensations?

Dunno.

The women's race is on the player in 5 minutes.....