S*** small races - Post Lockdown 2020

167891012»

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329

Stefan Küng and Elise Chabbey won today's Swiss championship road races.

Given Groupama-FDJ's history with national champions' jerseys, Küng should get a good one for next season. (He is also the Swiss ITT champ but the European blues and yellow stars take precedence in that discipline.)

That's a big plus for him next season.

*shameless joke theft. sorry Colin*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005

sherer said:

DeadCalm said:

Surprised to see that Alexandre Vinokurov is racing at La Philippe Gilbert juniors. Presumably offspring of the Astana boss rather than the man himself. There is a Nicolas Vinokurov in the race too.

correct, its the feeder team for Astana. not sure if thats his son or not, no idea how common that surname is in Kazakhstan
    They are his twin sons.
    I wonder if Nicolas grew up thinking that his brother is daddy’s favourite.
    Or maybe mum is Nicola.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Mad_Malx said:

sherer said:

DeadCalm said:

Surprised to see that Alexandre Vinokurov is racing at La Philippe Gilbert juniors. Presumably offspring of the Astana boss rather than the man himself. There is a Nicolas Vinokurov in the race too.

correct, its the feeder team for Astana. not sure if thats his son or not, no idea how common that surname is in Kazakhstan
    They are his twin sons.
    I wonder if Nicolas grew up thinking that his brother is daddy’s favourite.
    Or maybe mum is Nicola.

I was thinking the same. Why, with twins? His wife is called Svetlana.
    But then I remember a Freakomics story about a man who called his sons Winner and Loser and Loser did better. So Nicolas will be the better rider.
    Twitter: @RichN95