S*** small races - Post Lockdown 2020

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    RichN95. said:

I remember when riders only had to be 110% ready. Is this 200% proof that doping is coming back

100% per leg isn't it? ;)

• RichN95. said:

I remember when riders only had to be 110% ready. Is this 200% proof that doping is coming back

100% per leg isn't it? ;)

Yes.
    The other one apparently, although again the Knee.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    A surprisingly interesting ITT in the Binck Bank Tour was won by Soren Kragh Anderson. A great ride from Pedersen to retain the lead.

Maybe this belongs in the Vikings are coming thread?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm said:

A surprisingly interesting ITT in the Binck Bank Tour was won by Soren Kragh Anderson. A great ride from Pedersen to retain the lead.

Maybe this belongs in the Vikings are coming thread?

Perhaps they should just knock up ITTs on the spur of the moment, because I really enjoyed it too and that's not something I often say about the race of truth.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    as someone whose missed all the stages they managed to run, how has Cav been doing ?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    sherer said:

as someone whose missed all the stages they managed to run, how has Cav been doing ?

Was showing in the intermediate sprints at the first, but disappeared since I think.
  • Mad_Malx
    Strange seeing oudenberg without the crowds.
  • Mad_Malx
    I've got binky & giro running on diff screens. God i want to travel again.
  • Mad_Malx
    Vdp solo 36 sec ahead with 14km left
  • Mad_Malx
    vdp 5km left with 16 sec. Looking difficult to hold on.
  • Mad_Malx
    good finsigh this
  • Mad_Malx
    Overall very close
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,936
    Mad_Malx said:

Overall very close

Can you give some info please?
    Stage result, GC position?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    MVDP wins the stage and the overall. Attacked solo 47 kms out and just held on.
  • Mad_Malx
    worth a watch
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,936
    andyp said:

MVDP wins the stage and the overall. Attacked solo 47 kms out and just held on.

Thanks
  • What a great ride by MVDP. I was flicking between BinckBank, Giro and playing Super Mario Odyssey with my son, but I seen MVDP go clear with Senechal 75k to go and the rest never seen him until they got to Geraadsbergen at the end
  • Would it be fair to say the 2018 Euros RR (where Trentin outsprinted MvdP and WVA) marked the beginning of the CX supremos' transition to top-level road cycling?

Meanwhile, Ben Healy of Trinity Racing (born 2000) won the Irish men's RR, continuing this season's theme of U23s beating the established seniors at their own game. Back on Thursday he won the U23 ITT and, again, rode faster than the seniors (though only those who contested the senior version were eligible).
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158

Would it be fair to say the 2018 Euros RR (where Trentin outsprinted MvdP and WVA) marked the beginning of the CX supremos' transition to top-level road cycling?

Meanwhile, Ben Healy of Trinity Racing (born 2000) won the Irish men's RR, continuing this season's theme of U23s beating the established seniors at their own game. Back on Thursday he won the U23 ITT and, again, rode faster than the seniors (though only those who contested the senior version were eligible).

He’s from the same part of Ireland as Dan Martin I believe
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DeadCalm
    Just watched Binck Bank on catch-up. Excellent viewing. A very good ride by MVDP.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    DeadCalm said:

Just watched Binck Bank on catch-up. Excellent viewing. A very good ride by MVDP.

Snap. That was so good. Liked MvdP holding on, and liked it was so close with all the bonus seconds etc that at the finish it was... yeah... so... who actually won overall?
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    He's a proper racing god. Sublime to watch - and doing it all wrong, according to the traditionalists.
    I remember watching Senechal at the French national champs a few weeks ago killing the entire peloton up a drag with Alaphilippe on his wheel: today MVDP dropped him on the Muur like he was a 4th cat.
  • orraloon said:

DeadCalm said:

Snap. That was so good. Liked MvdP holding on, and liked it was so close with all the bonus seconds etc that at the finish it was... yeah... so... who actually won overall?
    Carlton is still counting his fingers and toes trying to work it out
  • DeadCalm
    Surprised to see that Alexandre Vinokurov is racing at La Philippe Gilbert juniors. Presumably offspring of the Astana boss rather than the man himself. There is a Nicolas Vinokurov in the race too.
    Team My Man 2022:

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,818
    edited October 2020

He's a proper racing god. Sublime to watch - and doing it all wrong, according to the traditionalists.
    I remember watching Senechal at the French national champs a few weeks ago killing the entire peloton up a drag with Alaphilippe on his wheel: today MVDP dropped him on the Muur like he was a 4th cat.

Nice try, but I think with a little more thought you could have got a bit more exaggeration into your post.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    Ah, come on - these pages can do with a bit of hyperbole from time to time. If you won’t indulge me when we witness a phenomenon, you let me know when it is allowed.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333

Ah, come on - these pages can do with a bit of hyperbole from time to time. If you won’t indulge me when we witness a phenomenon, you let me know when it is allowed.

According to my rules, you're only allowed hyperbole if it's a Danish rider. Thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    DeadCalm said:

Surprised to see that Alexandre Vinokurov is racing at La Philippe Gilbert juniors. Presumably offspring of the Astana boss rather than the man himself. There is a Nicolas Vinokurov in the race too.

correct, its the feeder team for Astana. not sure if thats his son or not, no idea how common that surname is in Kazakhstan
  • sherer said:

DeadCalm said:

correct, its the feeder team for Astana. not sure if thats his son or not, no idea how common that surname is in Kazakhstan
    They are his twin sons.
  • Stefan Küng and Elise Chabbey won today's Swiss championship road races.

Given Groupama-FDJ's history with national champions' jerseys, Küng should get a good one for next season. (He is also the Swiss ITT champ but the European blues and yellow stars take precedence in that discipline.)