Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,396
    Crawley misses out on a double ton. The Aussies will be relieved when they see Brook or Stokes come out.
  • Pross
    Hopefully Brook will play himself in sensibly to start.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,423
    Pross said:

Ahead with 8 wickets in hand. Where has this batting been earlier in the series?

It's an absolute road and like I said, Australia underperformed. And now they don't have any spinners :D:D:D

Just a load of tired seamers!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Watching the Australians chasing leather like tired old dogs is always to be savoured.
  • Pross
    Root gone, both of the last 2 wickets suggest the pitch is starting to misbehave which could be good news.
  • bobmcstuff
    Stokes is going to try and hit it.

Baistow should be fearsome on this surface.
  • bobmcstuff
    The nighthawk is locked and loaded
  • bobmcstuff
    Ahh, Labuschagne bowling - the sign of true desperation.
  • Pross
    Really sensible play at the end of the day. Morning session should be fireworks though. It will be interesting to see if Starc can bowl as well.
  • bobmcstuff
    edited July 2023
    Pross said:

Really sensible play at the end of the day. Morning session should be fireworks though. It will be interesting to see if Starc can bowl as well.

Yes I am absolutely buzzing for it! Hopefully they play the first 10-20 overs like a t20 then we get so see Wood steaming in.

Been at Sixes with my dad today, good day out.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    JimD666 said:

Either 500 by the end of the day or all out by lunch.

Fingers crossed for the first 🤞

120 runs short

Poor effort from the batsmen.........
  • You've had your money's worth there @bobmcstuff
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    That ball that got Root was a good sign.
  • Pross
    Weather isn’t looking great this morning. Tomorrow looks a right off and Sunday a start / stop sort of day. Time is going to be short to get the win.
  • bobmcstuff
    edited July 2023
    I don't think it'll take loads of play to get a result.

The start might be slightly delayed today but its not that bad here - I'm on the way to the ground now and it is raining lightly (just stopped at home). I think there should be a decent amount of play today.

I'm also hopeful seeing some tomorrow but that's probably partly wishful thinking... we've got friends coming up from London and we are going to be in the party stand! I also think if there is any play tomorrow it will be really poor batting conditions, which should increase our chances of only having to bat once.

I reckon two more days net would do it. I think we will still have something to chase on Sunday but not very much.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

The start might be slightly delayed today but its not that bad here - I'm on the way to the ground now and it is raining lightly (just stopped at home). I think there should be a decent amount of play today.

I'm also hopeful seeing some tomorrow but that's probably partly wishful thinking... we've got friends coming up from London and we are going to be in the party stand! I also think if there is any play tomorrow it will be really poor batting conditions, which should increase our chances of only having to bat once.

I reckon two more days net would do it. I think we will still have something to chase on Sunday but not very much.

If there was no rain I would say declare 30 mins before lunch and the bowl them out in 50 overs leaving us 20-30 to win.

They look mentally beaten and if it was not for iron hands they would be staring at a 5-0 defeat.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,535
    Can't wait for this to start today. They need to swing like shit to get to 500 - no fear, no restraint. If that happens before lunch, keep swinging, then declare at lunch if not declare at lunch anyway. Either way, I reckon we need Aus batting immediately after lunch
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • bobmcstuff

Can't wait for this to start today. They need to swing like censored to get to 500 - no fear, no restraint. If that happens before lunch, keep swinging, then declare at lunch if not declare at lunch anyway. Either way, I reckon we need Aus batting immediately after lunch

Yep I think a lead of 200 and then get Australia back in ASAP- looks like we might get some rain at lunch so it should be great conditions for Woakes, Anderson and Broad to bowl in!
  • They look mentally beaten

Interesting theory from Michael Vaughan on TMS last night. He said Cummins hadn't looked right since the Bairstow incident at Lords. By all accounts Cummins is a genuinely good guy and Vaughan reckons he is regretting the decision and this is causing the indecision and adding to the strain now.
  • bobmcstuff

They look mentally beaten

Interesting theory from Michael Vaughan on TMS last night. He said Cummins hadn't looked right since the Bairstow incident at Lords. By all accounts Cummins is a genuinely good guy and Vaughan reckons he is regretting the decision and this is causing the indecision and adding to the strain now.
    Hmm - I think they were missing Lyon personally. He'd have bowled a fair few overs yesterday and I don't think they knew what to do without him.

Ali was getting a decent turn even on day 1.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,751

If there was no rain I would say declare 30 mins before lunch and the bowl them out in 50 overs leaving us 20-30 to win.

They look mentally beaten and if it was not for iron hands they would be staring at a 5-0 defeat.
    Yet, they could still win the series.
  • Pross
    England will probably get skittled for an extra 50 runs now and end up fighting to avoid defeat :lol:
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Pross said:

Ahead with 8 wickets in hand. Where has this batting been earlier in the series?

Aussies looked broken, I think they ran out of steam

maybe playing on dead wickets was a masterstroke

They will be lucky to come second at the Oval
  • bobmcstuff

Sun's out!
  • Pross
    Runs coming nicely without resorting to a slogfest.
  • Pross
    Jim Maxwell really fed up with the Ausie 'tactics'.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,751
    Pross said:

Which ones?
  • Pross

Pross said:

Which ones?
    The negative bowling
  • bobmcstuff
    Cummins has been much better today.

Brook batting well - those 3 4s were great to watch.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,535
    Stokes gone for 51 . . . new ball incoming
    Wilier Izoard XP