Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

On another note, is anyone at the ECB thinking about how we can get more England fans into the matches? It seems that the team would benefit if they felt like they were playing in front of a home crowd rather than away. I'm guessing they don't care so long as the tickets are sold?

The tickets for the Oval went on sale in December 2019 for the Windies and got rolled over. Therefore I would suggest that the perception of it being anymore than 10% Indian fans is an optical/audio illusion created by the cameras.

Day 5 is of course an exception.

There best hope is to encourage drunkeness
    That's a given.
    They actually restrict you to no more that 4 drinks per person

I just got an email inviting me to enter the ballot for 2022 and they actually ask who you are supporting. Also reminded me that the tix are sold by the venue not by ECB
    At a time not total?

I drank a shed load more than that in the last Ashes test at Lords.
    at a time - a wonderfully English way of slowing you down

I once saw a group of lads denied entry to Edgbaston with their slab of beer, they stood two yards away and power drank the 24 cans before entering. That would have helped attain their goal of restricting drunken behaviour
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    ECB have announced fixtures for next year. Another 3 match test series with NZ. When will NZ warrant a 5 match series? They're the no.1 ranked team and we've had great, close encounters with them recently.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391
    India didn't train today due to further Covid concerns in their camp. They take a series lead so they'll probably cry off sick now to prevent a defeat ;)
  • elbowloh
    Pross said:

India didn't train today due to further Covid concerns in their camp. They take a series lead so they'll probably cry off sick now to prevent a defeat ;)

Thought the same
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750
    elbowloh said:

ECB have announced fixtures for next year. Another 3 match test series with NZ. When will NZ warrant a 5 match series? They're the no.1 ranked team and we've had great, close encounters with them recently.

I thought the ICC had ruled against 5 match series unless they were iconic. I can't find a link to that though. Nonetheless, they could give NZ four matches.
  • Those numbers are the wrong way round for me, should be 3 for SA and 4 tests for NZ. South African cricket is going through bit of a dip at the moment.
  • elbowloh
    India have forfeited the game as they can't field a team.

The players all passed their PCR tests and were expected to play so the announcement has taken some by surprise. Agnew reckons it's because the players don't want to miss out on lucrative IPL contracts if any else goes awry.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422
    elbowloh said:

The players all passed their PCR tests and were expected to play so the announcement has taken some by surprise. Agnew reckons it's because the players don't want to miss out on lucrative IPL contracts if any else goes awry.

Not just the players but the BCCI as well, apparently the IPL is worth £300m to them.

Silly pyjama cricket...

I was meant to be at Old Trafford tomorrow, fortunately I am local but a lot of people stayed over last night, or were on trains this morning when they announced it etc.. Pretty unforgivable for them to announce it so close to the start when nothing's materially changed overnight (when the players all passed their PCR tests and it was announced the match would go ahead).
  • elbowloh
    This has buggered up my listen to TMS whist WFH plans for today. I'm a bit miffed.

Not as much i imagine as the people who bought tickets and had days out planned however.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422
    elbowloh said:

This has buggered up my listen to TMS whist WFH plans for today. I'm a bit miffed.

Not as much i imagine as the people who bought tickets and had days out planned however.

Yeah I had similar plans :smile:

Based on the view from my window (about 5 miles away from the ground) we were going to lose quite a bit of play today to rain anyway. I don't know if that would have factored into India's decision at all, as it would make the match more likely to be a draw (although Saturday to Monday all look OK - maybe some rain Tuesday afternoon but it's a bit far out).
  • TheBigBean
    elbowloh said:

This has been retracted. Result is unclear.

• elbowloh said:

This has been retracted. Result is unclear.

It will be interesting to see if they follow other sports, such as rugby, whererby matches are forfeit, if unable to field a team, or they make the fifth test null and void.

Leading a series? Send out some expendable backroom boys to catch Covid, so you don't have to risk a decider. o:)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Some beautiful sixes from Buttler today. So may sixes in modern cricket are down to the rope being in so far from the actual boundary but most of his were upper tier of the stand.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    My favourite words to read "England crush Australia".

I'm going to enjoy it......

at least until they take revenge at the Ashes.
  • England showing how important keeping their wickets are against SL. 47-3 after 10 overs, 147-3 after 18.1 with Morgan and Buttler hitting it to all parts of the crowd.
  • TheBigBean
    Long innings for England.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Going to be a good finish here it seems
  • JimD666
    That may of swung it back Englands way
  • I think that run out might do it! Brilliant fielding twice in quick succession.
  • Pross
    Can't recall ever seeing an assist recorded against a catch on a scorecard before.
  • JimD666
    In the end a comfortable win. Certainly more comfortable that I was expecting
  • Pross
    Wrapped that up fairly convincinly in the end. They're looking good
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Scoreboard pressure on the tail in the end. Buttler is immense currently
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,535
    Fielding and field placing in the last few overs was amazing . . . as for the assisted catch . . . just brilliant!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • JimD666
    If I'm right, England getting beaten by SA on Saturday could knock the Aussies out, depending on net run rates.....
  • JimD666 said:

If I'm right, England getting beaten by SA on Saturday could knock the Aussies out, depending on net run rates.....

I want England to beat them again.
  • As a young lad, way before smartphones - I happened across TMS when England were attempting to bowl Australia out on the final morning of 30th Dec 1982. Midnight, curled up in bed with a plastic radio.
    I knew little of cricket, but the sense of slow burning drama was enticing, Ian Botham taking that final wicket with three runs to spare was the start of my interest in cricket.
    I would rather listen to Test Match Special than watch it on the telly.
  • ratnibdstabdsekl
    ratnibdstabdsekl Posts: 4
    edited November 2021
    You are welcome to this forum and can ask whatever question you like. It can be either in a separate thread or in any other thread with similar topic. But it would be great if you could introduce yourself. Where are you from? I am from Spain, https://worldcams.tv/spain/benidorm/beach. I do hope you will get response to your query and find new friends here.
  • Pross
    England playing as though they want the Aussies knocked out on run rate.
  • Pross said:

England playing as though they want the Aussies knocked out on run rate.

They must have decided on that tactic after buttler got out.