Stevo_666 said:

morstar said:

Stevo_666 said:

morstar said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

I can stand a fair bit of bragging if it gets people vaccinated?

You did ask if anyone was feeling flush. You probably shouldn't have asked the question if you didn't like the idea of anyone answering yes to that ;)
    Eh? No, I meant it doesn't bother me. Brag away. Pleased you think it's worthwhile.
    Maybe if I'd said it was a big pay rise and bonus I could understand that, as good fortune and success is usually frowned on in here. But I didn't. Might have been a fiver for all you know, so don't get all Cake Stop resentful on me for no good reason :)
    How do you manage to turn good fortune into victimhood?

So hard done by.
    Don't worry, I'm not ;)

I was just pointing RJS's slightly sniffy attitude. Bit like yours really...
    If you say so.

Other opinions are available.

Don’t cry too much that people didn’t censored in the way you wanted them to. Life can be disappointing when your career is going well and people aren’t openly resenting you for it in the way you want them to. You’ll just have to settle for the straw men.
    Posting stuff like that makes you sound a bit disappointed with your life. I hope it works out for you eventually.
    It’s not me looking for something to feel hard done by despite things going well.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,702
    Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

morstar said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

You did ask if anyone was feeling flush. You probably shouldn't have asked the question if you didn't like the idea of anyone answering yes to that ;)
    Eh? No, I meant it doesn't bother me. Brag away. Pleased you think it's worthwhile.
    Maybe if I'd said it was a big pay rise and bonus I could understand that, as good fortune and success is usually frowned on in here. But I didn't. Might have been a fiver for all you know, so don't get all Cake Stop resentful on me for no good reason :)

So hard done by.
    Don't worry, I'm not ;)

I mean, I've literally said good for you. F*** knows how you interpret that as being sniffy. People getting a bonus is a good thing, no?
    Sorry if I misinterpreted what you said, it just came across as a bit of a sideswipe. Must remember to click on that link and donate.
    No worries. I think it was FA who reacted to your post; I was reacting to him. I'd be in the wrong industry if I begrudged people getting bonuses. A good bonus season is good for business.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    Donating on that WHO site is very quick. You don’t have to remember to donate - you just donate if you can afford to. I don’t even get bonuses!

Would be quicker if they’d integrated ApplePay properly to capture some details before trying to take payment - well, it didn’t work for me via that method anyway.

Most sites like UNICEF, etc it’s donate > email + one other bit of info > double-tap > FaceID > done. About 10s max.

Not quite sure what they’ve done wrong on GoGiveOne, but they need to correct it.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    Just had my first AZ vaccine. It feels good to be up to speed with all the old farts on here now:)
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,647
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

morstar said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

So hard done by.
    Don't worry, I'm not ;)

I mean, I've literally said good for you. F*** knows how you interpret that as being sniffy. People getting a bonus is a good thing, no?
    Sorry if I misinterpreted what you said, it just came across as a bit of a sideswipe. Must remember to click on that link and donate.
    No worries. I think it was FA who reacted to your post; I was reacting to him. I'd be in the wrong industry if I begrudged people getting bonuses. A good bonus season is good for business.
    Yes it was me. I wasn't sniffy about the rise and the bonus, only the crass delivery.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696

Just had my first AZ vaccine. It feels good to be up to speed with all the old farts on here now:)

Welcome to The Machine. Synchronisation will happen automatically.

AZ #2 for me on Tuesday.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I had my second AZ on Saturday evening felt pretty crap yesterday. Ok today l had no side effects at all from the first one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    webboo said:

I had my second AZ on Saturday evening felt pretty censored yesterday. Ok today l had no side effects at all from the first one.

Varies a lot. Had my second Pfizer jab on Friday last week and had no noticeable side effects (first time was just mild side effects). Anyhow, sorted now until the Autumn booster shots.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,317
    Hug but be cautious, England told today that it will be told next week.

I guess the affect of this kind of advanced messaging is built in now - a bit like how lots of people go ~10mph over the limit. Still seems silly though.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    So wear a condom when hugging?
  • pangolin
    Yes but over your head.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • First.Aspect
    Pross said:

So wear a condom when hugging?

Look away.

No tongues.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Or alternatively get a lateral flow test delivered to the house for free and give it a go before licking people.
  • Stevo_666
    john80 said:

Or alternatively get a lateral flow test delivered to the house for free and give it a go before licking people.

I'm taking one this evening as am headed into the office tomorrow. Already had 2 jabs but only takes a few minutes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    No corona deaths in the UK today
  • First.Aspect

Guardian is reporting 4, up 3 from last week. And on the same page they are reporting zero.

Either way what we are largely seeing are deaths of those remaining in hospital from earlier in the year, rather than new hospitalisations from new cases.

What we should start to see next are new cases rising, but not many new hospitalisations and not many deaths out of those not many hospitalisations. That's that acid test.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,936

It's still a stunning gap between the UK and most other places, and not shrinking very much.

• Stevo_666

It's still a stunning gap between the UK and most other places, and not shrinking very much.

We are doing stormingly well.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

We culled those vulnerable over Christmas. RoW now playing catch up.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    At 0.14 per million per day covid deaths, that's now approx twice the daily death rate from road accidents (2020) stats. How much lower required before it becomes just another norm?
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    orraloon said:

At 0.14 per million per day covid deaths, that's now approx twice the daily death rate from road accidents (2020) stats. How much lower required before it becomes just another norm?

Well past that stage, I would put that number at about 200 a day or 10% of annual deaths
  • surrey_commuter

The interesting thing on that graph is the USA as they are on a par with us for jabs and have no lockdown.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,936

The interesting thing on that graph is the USA as they are on a par with us for jabs and have no lockdown.

They are still behind on total number of people with at least one jab (and were well behind for quite some time), and are starting to reach vaccine-resistant parts of the population, I gather. The blinder that the UK played was getting first jabs out as quickly as possible to as many people as possible: I suspect the figures now are the result of that, to a large degree.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602

Welsh news reported 4 in Wales (although that may have been the last 48 hours).
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806
    Pross said:

Welsh news reported 4 in Wales (although that may have been the last 48 hours).
    BBC headline was England, Scotland & N.I.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336

We culled those vulnerable over Christmas. RoW now playing catch up.
    There's an uncomfortable truth.
    I just read something about the prevalence and spread of new variants, basically saying we should have actually closed our borders. Hopefully it won't pan out too badly. As has been mentioned, we will have to have top up jabs to combat new variants, hopefully the vaccination program can stay ahead of the curve.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Stevo_666 said:

We are doing stormingly well.
    Is this a joke?
  • surrey_commuter

They are still behind on total number of people with at least one jab (and were well behind for quite some time), and are starting to reach vaccine-resistant parts of the population, I gather. The blinder that the UK played was getting first jabs out as quickly as possible to as many people as possible: I suspect the figures now are the result of that, to a large degree.

Surely circa 7% extra vaccinated can not make that much difference?

What weight would you give to their vaccines being more effective and the greater number of fully dosed people?

To me it is a warning to the open up brigade and time to have a discussion about the acceptable level of deaths
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274
    If you're fully vaccinated (3 weeks after second dose), theres no evidence of any reason you shouldn’t just get on with life as normal. No variant so far beats the vaccine.

If you aren't, even if it's not going to kill you, I'd still advise being relatively careful to not catch it. It's still a cunt.
  • pangolin

Surely circa 7% extra vaccinated can not make that much difference?

What weight would you give to their vaccines being more effective and the greater number of fully dosed people?

To me it is a warning to the open up brigade and time to have a discussion about the acceptable level of deaths
    I don't think you can look at the current ~7% in isolation, it's the long period of being 10-15% ahead that adds up in terms of effect.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono