Eurosport player

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Eurosport Player not working for me at the moment. It was fine this morning, went to switch on Strade Bianchi and it says content unavailable.
  • ddraver said:

Initial review if GCN race pass

*App slightly buggy still, have to turn it off and on again quite a bit. Doesn't play well with Split screen for when I want to post on my favourite cycling forum...

*Also integrated with all the other GCN balls so you have to wade through their videos and a bunch of posts of rubbish photos from people of their cheap bike against a gate...

BUT

*Apparently ES player has crashed but GCN is working fine for me right now...

Don't know if you got that from me, but mine crashed but is back up.

Meanwhile, has GCN got Kirby shouting down the mic at you?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Yep. But I thought that was because it was ES coverage..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross

ddraver said:

*App slightly buggy still, have to turn it off and on again quite a bit. Doesn't play well with Split screen for when I want to post on my favourite cycling forum...

*Also integrated with all the other GCN balls so you have to wade through their videos and a bunch of posts of rubbish photos from people of their cheap bike against a gate...

BUT

Don't know if you got that from me, but mine crashed but is back up.

Meanwhile, has GCN got Kirby shouting down the mic at you?
    I'm still getting content unavailable on my Android app and Firestick.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Likewise, on iPad. No content. Was working earlier, switched it on to check ok while Superbikes showing, all good, nowt now. Xxxx it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Not covering themselves in glory today.
    Kind of hoped the problems would have been ironed out during lockdown.
    GCN on renewal then....
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Tried starting a live chat. Queue position 367! What a fucking joke.
  • orraloon
    edited August 2020
    Is on eurosport website live. No audio at all. Pants innit.

Edit. Got the audio back. Might have been the player app overriding.
  • pblakeney
    Got in with 44kms to go! Woohoo!
    Nope, back out again. Just teasing. PP performance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    orraloon said:

Is on eurosport website live. No audio at all. Pants innit.

Edit. Got the audio back. Might have been the player app overriding.

Thanks, now watching through the website.
  • pblakeney
    Probably going to be too late....but how do you get video on Eurosport?
    All I can see are text updates.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    You have to login.
  • pblakeney
    edited August 2020
    Pross said:

You have to login.

Helps if you use the correct email address. 😂😂😂
    All quiet though. Still....

Edit - Turning down the volume gave it the kick up the proverbial.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    What happened to MVDP?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gweeds said:

What happened to MVDP?

The wheels fell off his hype wagon.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    gweeds said:

What happened to MVDP?

He got tired after appearing three times in every ad break
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    ddraver said:

BUT

Same for me - worked all afternoon with a few pauses, but restarts immediately on pressing play . Plus no ad breaks.
  • Mad_Malx
    ^and iPad app crashes frequently if you view the extras.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Starting to feel very blessed. My Eurosport player worked faultlessly throughout :o
  • orraloon
    Blxxdy thing is working again now. Well done you xxxxers.

What's the deal between GCN and Eurosport, because at one point the Kirby Muppet was wittering on about both?
  • Mad_Malx
    Gcn show Eurosport coverage, minus advert breaks, but sadly with ck.
    Ran all afternoon for me, but autopaused a few times. Only via app (maybe web browser too?) so need to cast or plug in phone /tablet to see on TV.
    Gcn do some previews, maps and statlists, pretty similar to cycling news stuff I think. Extras coverage is buggy ATM, but maybe they will sort.
    Intro price of £20, same as Eurosport player on offer, but es offer disappeared for a few days so I signed up for gcn.
    I'm not entirely sure if it covers all races that es does, but seems to have all big ones. No snooker etc on gcn.
  • pblakeney
    Mad_Malx said:

No snooker etc on gcn.

This is major!
    Tennis in particular is a pain for overrunning cycling highlights.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,878
    orraloon said:

Blxxdy thing is working again now. Well done you xxxxers.

What's the deal between GCN and Eurosport, because at one point the Kirby Muppet was wittering on about both?

Eurosport now own about 70% of GCN I believe.
  • Pross
    I'd be tempted by GCN but do enjoy winter sports on ES as well as the cycling.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    I'm very happy with GCN so far but watched without sound in my local bar so no annoying CK commentary to distract. I actually enjoyed the first episode of the weekly world of cycling show too.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,675
    I paid for Eurosport monthly before lockdown but took the plunge on the GCN Race Pass yesterday. £19.99 for a year seemed like a good deal to me as I don’t watch anything else on Eurosport.

When I watched it consistently via my iPhone had no problems whatsoever. Similar to the above, the App crashed a couple of times when I was trying to get updates from other stuff and came back into it and toggled between the live stream and the text updates.

I don’t really bother with the social side of the App as it just looks like everyone is having better rides than me in more beautiful places.

I had a look at streaming the feed through my laptop but couldn’t get it to download the App and doesn’t seem like you can stream through the site itself.

So, for anyone considering it, it’s easily going to be worth the money but plenty of development to come (I’d hope).
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    The GCN app worked well for me. There was a bit of a gap between the women’s and men’s race coverage but that may have been down to the broadcasters. I’m happy with it so far and it is a lot better than the Eurosport setup for me
  • pblakeney
    "Dear customer,

Thank you for bringing the streaming issue to our attention. I am very sorry for the impact this has had on your afternoon.

Our team of engineers has now identified and resolved the root cause of the streaming problem. I am pleased to confirm that all the content is now available as usual.

We really appreciate your patience. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Kind regards,"

Anyone reassured that there will not be a repeat?
    Time will tell.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Of course, Eurosport Player is currently FOC.

I had trouble yesterday, but just logged into Eurosport.co.uk and watched the race from there.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Eurosport UK not planning to offer any coverage of the final stage of the Tour d L'Ain next Sunday.
    It just happens to be the stage that finish atop the Grand Colombier, after tackling the Col de la Biche.

It's live on tv with French Eurosport for a couple of hours, but, as with the women's Strade Bianche, doesn't even merit a slot on the UK player.

I wonder whether or not they have put their heads together with GCN...............