Eurosport player

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Is that the one with the epic Froome attack ?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    fenix said:

Is that the one with the epic Froome attack ?

Yup!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Ah feck, I just cancelled mine... i do want to watch that stage again though
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    Eurosport player had a £20 promotion ending a few days ago which I foolishly missed. Just posting on the off chance that anyone has seen another one.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    The GCN version is the same cost, and no ads apparently, though will just be cycling, depends if you ever use it for other sports.
    in reality, I do not.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    My subscription with eurosport was taken out last November (well, renewed) and just logged in now to find they have extended it until April 2021 for no additional cost. Assume its due to no live event coverage during the covid lockdown. Either way, an extra 6 months free, happy days!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    redvision said:

My subscription with eurosport was taken out last November (well, renewed) and just logged in now to find they have extended it until April 2021 for no additional cost. Assume its due to no live event coverage during the covid lockdown. Either way, an extra 6 months free, happy days!

Yes, me too.
    All Black Friday bargain hunters have got 18 months for £19-99
    The potential problem is that now it may not renew at that price......
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jack_flap
    jack_flap Posts: 40
    Will the GCN version use the same video feeds & commentary as Eurosport? I missed the £20 offer too.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Apparently so.

I am sorely tempted.
  • jack_flap
    jack_flap Posts: 40
    Okay, great. Yes very tempting, my Eurosport subscription was extended, but not quite long enough to make it to the end of the season so will most likely give it a go. A shame to lose the other sport but can't complain at the price.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Are we thinking that the GCN thang is the best option to start from scratch with..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342

Eurosport player had a £20 promotion ending a few days ago which I foolishly missed. Just posting on the off chance that anyone has seen another one.

FML there never seems to be an offer in Germany. I'm mulling whether it's worth it to spend 6.99€ per month in order to get VOD's. I won't always be able to watch races live. Are there any non British-only promo's?
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    I see they have banged the prices back up again, just as stuff starts to happen. I took up their £19.99 annual pass offer at end June, now it's £39.99.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    It's great value even at £39.99 for the amount of cycling they show.

I only canned it because I get it through the TV and the virgin TV app.
  • ddraver
    20 squids again now...

Does anyone know if I could watch it on a laptop if I preferred it would it all be on phone?
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean
    ddraver said:

20 squids again now...

Does anyone know if I could watch it on a laptop if I preferred it would it all be on phone?

Where? Not for me.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    ddraver said:

20 squids again now...

Sez you can watch on various supported devices inc PC or Mac

https://help.eurosport.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009519880-Watch-on-PC-or-Mac

• ddraver
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean
    ddraver said:
    Ah right, not Eurosport player then. I think I would prefer Eurosport player - better the devil you know etc.
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2020
    ddraver said:

20 squids again now...

I watch the Eurosport player on PC, Firestick and android, even though I have it through Sky.
    On demand is the big winner for me.

GCN race pass looks great, although I will be sorry to see it go behind the pass wall.

Checking Eurosport player schedules and it looks currently as if they have dropped the women's race altogether for tomorrow and are not offering Poland live as an option, next Thursday.
  • ddraver
    Well I've gone GCN so I'll keep you all updated...
    - @ddraver
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    edited July 2020

ddraver said:
    Ah right, not Eurosport player then. I think I would prefer Eurosport player - better the devil you know etc.
    GCN App also only works for iPhone (probably iPad) and not iMac. Not sure how it is for Windows.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I used the GCN app for their Giro best of thing and it casted fine to the TV (chromecast from android phone).
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,648
    WIll GCN have an On Demand feature? I often record races to watch at my leisure so unless I could pick and choose when to watch then it wouldn't be good value for me
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2020

WIll GCN have an On Demand feature? I often record races to watch at my leisure so unless I could pick and choose when to watch then it wouldn't be good value for me

The races they showed live on YouTube, before this pass came along are still available to view in full.
    Plus, they say they have an on demand feature on the pass homepage.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    I've gone gcn race pass.
    iPad app plugged into TV socket with a wired adaptor. Would be easier with Chromecast so I could pause etc without getting off sofa.
    Good for me - no ads.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Gcn has route description, maps, team list etc too - not sure if this is part of their free content or just for pass.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    jgsi said:

VPN would screw the delivery anyway as it throttles the bandwidth

I just switch VPN off for that web site.
    I've had free Eurosport for 4 months - they cancelled the DD whilst there was no sport. I cancel the subscription (through Paypal) From the end of the Worlds until March and then renew.
    A little bit more expensive than taking out the annual subscription but i'm in control.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ddraver
    edited August 2020
    Initial review if GCN race pass

*App slightly buggy still, have to turn it off and on again quite a bit. Doesn't play well with Split screen for when I want to post on my favourite cycling forum...

*Also integrated with all the other GCN balls so you have to wade through their videos and a bunch of posts of rubbish photos from people of their cheap bike against a gate...

BUT

*Apparently ES player has crashed but GCN is working fine for me right now...
    - @ddraver
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Yup Eurosport player has indeed crashed. First time I've used it since march and it isn't working
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago