Eurosport player

Comments

• Didn't the Flanders womens race finish after the mens last year?
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    GCN+ app a shambles today for KBK. Stream only got going deep into the race & over 90 minutes late from the advertised start time.

Fortunately I still have ES on Sky but there a lot of unhappy customers on the GCN Twitter & rightly so.
  • ibr17xvii said:

GCN+ app a shambles today for KBK. Stream only got going deep into the race & over 90 minutes late from the advertised start time.

Fortunately I still have ES on Sky but there a lot of unhappy customers on the GCN Twitter & rightly so.

No such problem with the Eurosport player.
    Kicked off on time and was free of any technical issues.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065

ibr17xvii said:

No such problem with the Eurosport player.
    Kicked off on time and was free of any technical issues.

Technical problems only seemed to affect the GCN app.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    is there a difference between GCN and Eurosport? Ive subscribed to ES for years and quite like it.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    david37 said:

is there a difference between GCN and Eurosport? Ive subscribed to ES for years and quite like it.

The ES channel or player? There are more races on GCN player than the channel. They've started doing documentaries too.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Some of the documentaries are quite good IMO... lots of feature length ones on different topics. Just watched the full Mark Beaumont round the world record one.
  • david37
    RichN95. said:

david37 said:

The ES channel or player? There are more races on GCN player than the channel. They've started doing documentaries too.
    originally ES channel through Sky but for the last few years the player. Much more choice on that and I can watch it in peace in my office.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    There's a bonus live race on GCN/Eurosport player this Sunday.
    As well as the first stage of Paris-Nice, there's the GP Jean - Pierre Monseré in Belgium.
    I mention it as on the startlist is one Fabio Jakobsen.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

As well as the first stage of Paris-Nice, there's the GP Jean - Pierre Monseré in Belgium.

Bloody hell. I didn’t know he was back to racing yet.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    He only got teeth in January... 😯
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    gweeds said:

Bloody hell. I didn’t know he was back to racing yet.
    Turns out he's not after all. Cav has got the Number 1 bib this evening.
  • Just sitting down for a nice afternoon of Strade.
    Really liking the GCN app but seem to have an issue with it when watching live racing on the TV, whether casting from phone or using the TV directly with its android app. On the phone its fine. Its so jittery its almost unwatchable, so I'm back on ES telly for now. Thankfully no Kirby (for now at least!)

Anyone experience this issue? Don't usually have this problem when streaming other live stuff on the TV
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • Just sitting down for a nice afternoon of Strade.
    Really liking the GCN app but seem to have an issue with it when watching live racing on the TV, whether casting from phone or using the TV directly with its android app. On the phone its fine. Its so jittery its almost unwatchable, so I'm back on ES telly for now. Thankfully no Kirby (for now at least!)

Anyone experience this issue? Don't usually have this problem when streaming other live stuff on the TV

Seems the problem lies within the gubbings of my TV, a Sony Bravia which is only a few years old. Flippin annoying!
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    It could be the internet connection to the TV if you use Chromecast. My TV is next to the router so it's connected using the cable.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    Is it just wishful thinking or is Kirby becoming less prevalent since the GCN merger? Yesterday's commentary was a very good balance. I assume Kirby will be inflicted on us for Paris-Nice though.
  • blazing_saddles
    edited March 2021
    Pross said:

Is it just wishful thinking or is Kirby becoming less prevalent since the GCN merger? Yesterday's commentary was a very good balance. I assume Kirby will be inflicted on us for Paris-Nice though.

Been & Backstedt are doing the Belgian one day.
    Then I believe Adam Blythe is taking Kelly's slot for Paris-Nice, but know not who is in first chair.
    Isn't Kirby's usual gig to ruin Tirreno-Adriatico?
  • He ruins Strade too, tends to do the Italian races. With GCN coming on board there's an extra couple of commentators in Stephens and Lloyd, as well as the aforementioned Been (who personally I'm not a fan of)
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,638
    I’m not a fan of Been either, but they’re all better than me!
    Recent commentating on the women’s has been excruciating to listen to.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235

Pross said:

Been & Backstedt are doing the Belgian one day.
    So far, much improved on the other day.
  • blazing_saddles
    Thought it probably would be Rob Hatch and it is.
    As I said it’s Adam Blythe with him.
  • blazing_saddles
    For the first time in history, Milan Sanremo will be streamed from start to finish on Eurosport Player at 8.30 am GMT.

So, I assume the same goes for GCN.

Who would be a commentator? Having to talk about 280kms of nothing before the race finally explodes into action.
  • david37
    im quite happy with the commenting on Eurosport. and yes 280kms of nothing can't be easy.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135

For the first time in history, Milan Sanremo will be streamed from start to finish on Eurosport Player at 8.30 am GMT.

Who would be a commentator? Having to talk about 280kms of nothing before the race finally explodes into action.

Sounds like Carlton's dream to me!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,194
    Pross said:

Sounds like Carlton's dream to me!
    😊 Multiple hours of pointless wittering while nothing but nothing happens. Happy day for CK. Then of course he'll screw up royally in the final hour.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Blyth is an excellent addition.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    According to GCN's "The World of Cycling" programme the commentators should be Rob Hatch and Brian Smith. If it's true then the strange people who don't like CK (don't understand them myself but it takes all sorts :) ) can breath a sigh of relief.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,868
    You're not wrong there, great news!

I much prefer pretty much anyone to kirby, although I do find Brian a little wooden - the likes of Blyth I think is really coming into his own in recent broadcasts, and I very much like Stephens, and Magnus - though not heard much from him recently.

However I am able to understand why some people might not like the commentary style of all of the above :-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • blazing_saddles
    JimD666 said:

According to GCN's "The World of Cycling" programme the commentators should be Rob Hatch and Brian Smith. If it's true then the strange people who don't like CK (don't understand them myself but it takes all sorts :) ) can breath a sigh of relief.

I figured it was, as he's done the past couple of editions. Before Hatch it was Quigley.
    Meanwhile, Kirby usually turns up to talk gibberish over his co commentator and mistakenly call riders at Catalunya.
    That starts on Monday.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398

JimD666 said:

I figured it was, as he's done the past couple of editions. Before Hatch it was Quigley.
    Meanwhile, Kirby usually turns up to talk gibberish over his co commentator and mistakenly call riders at Catalunya.
    That starts on Monday.
    Si clarke could win this you know... Turbo durbo... Get that motorbike out of the way! Si clarke could win this you know... Turbo durbo... Get that motorbike out of the way! Si clarke could win this you know... Meandering irrelevant possibly racist story... Si clarke could win this you know... Turbo durbo... Someone get that motorbike out of the way! Si clarke could win this you know... Turbo durbo... Get that motorbike out of the way! Si clarke could win this you know... Screaming nonsense over the finale.

Aaaaaaaaaargh