Boris as PM

Comments

• Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Fascinating that neither our Government nor that of the US seemed to have the knowledge that Anne Sacoolas only had diplomatic immunity whilst in the UK. You'd have thought that a detail like that would be fairly obvious unless you had two Governments neither of whom had a clue about anything in law.
    Maybe we did know that and were happy to keep quiet and let her blow her immunity from prosecution?

Cunning indeed.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Fascinating that neither our Government nor that of the US seemed to have the knowledge that Anne Sacoolas only had diplomatic immunity whilst in the UK. You'd have thought that a detail like that would be fairly obvious unless you had two Governments neither of whom had a clue about anything in law.
    Maybe we did know that and were happy to keep quiet and let her blow her immunity from prosecution?

But by the time it was in the papers Sacoolas had already left the country so her immunity was already lost. At that point she had no immunity and Trump and Raab had told the family (and press) that she wouldn't be extradited as she had immunity. So unless they were happy to cause the family distress for no reason I doubt that there was any "cunning" (as MiniStevo said) involved - just lack of competence. On both sides.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

But by the time it was in the papers Sacoolas had already left the country so her immunity was already lost. At that point she had no immunity and Trump and Raab had told the family (and press) that she wouldn't be extradited as she had immunity. So unless they were happy to cause the family distress for no reason I doubt that there was any "cunning" (as MiniStevo said) involved - just lack of competence. On both sides.

Or could it just be that at the time of the incident she was covered but her immunity has lapsed on leaving the UK. She would remain covered for her period here and it would still require a waiver for her to face any action resulting from her stay here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)
    Not sure I've earned the 'Dr. Evil' moniker quite yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)

Bigger me, would you ask if Rick feels its worth sacrificing himself for the Kurds please and if not why not?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)

Bigger me, would you ask if Rick feels its worth sacrificing himself for the Kurds please and if not why not?
    All I need to do is quote you and he can see it :)

Calling Private Rick to the thread...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)

All I need to do is quote you and he can see it :)

Calling Private Rick to the thread...
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)

You realise you sound like some estranged couple not speaking to each other?

Are you keeping the dog and the CD collection?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    ^ Thought he is the dog?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)

I bet you do have a swivel chair......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)

And folically challenged ;-)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    (as MiniStevo said)

And folically challenged ;-)
    One out of two isn't bad :wink:

Maybe if I can save one hundred billion dollars in tax...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Just had someone knock on the door campaigning for Zac. Have they announced an election as they only ever knock when campaigning. My daughter just said no and shut the door in his face.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just had someone knock on the door campaigning for Zac. Have they announced an election as they only ever knock when campaigning. My daughter just said no and shut the door in his face.
    Heard him being interviewed this morning. The bit about resigning over Heathrow expansion and then standing again shortly after despite no change in policy still doesn't make sense.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rjsterry wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Heard him being interviewed this morning. The bit about resigning over Heathrow expansion and then standing again shortly after despite no change in policy still doesn't make sense.
    You mean being a man of principles that will stand by his convictions to the bitter end, or only until he lost his seat. Fits right in with Boris “I’ll lie in front of the bulldozers” Johnson. Marginally more backbone in that he actually tried for 5 minutes, still only got his seat back by about 30 votes.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    He's beginning to get that Theresa May look:

_109299709_78b2f9d1-afe6-4f75-b5cc-139df23cd4ed.jpg

191019135359-theresa-may-october-19-brexit-picture-large-169.jpg
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Robert88 wrote:
    He's beginning to get that Theresa May look:

_109299709_78b2f9d1-afe6-4f75-b5cc-139df23cd4ed.jpg

191019135359-theresa-may-october-19-brexit-picture-large-169.jpg

“ beginning” bollocks, he’s always looked like a gormless twatfest
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You mean being a man of principles that will stand by his convictions to the bitter end, or only until he lost his seat. Fits right in with Boris “I’ll lie in front of the bulldozers” Johnson. Marginally more backbone in that he actually tried for 5 minutes, still only got his seat back by about 30 votes.

And will lose again at the next election.

His brother came around campaigning for Zac at the last election. While charming, I'm not sure he understood what he was allowed to offer as an incentive to vote, even when he was clearly joking.
  • orraloon
    An 'interesting' synopsis of the words and deeds of the man deemed suitable to be the Prime Minister of the dUK.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XzAujyzN9JxpUl9rN7EIIX0AlgaXL8rE/view
  • Stevo_666
    Based on the current polls, you lot had better get used to the idea of Boris being PM >:)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    edited November 2019
    Not concerned about his dodgy use of public funds as mayor of London?

Or do you not care as he furthers your own ends?
  • Peter Oborne, renowned leftie writing in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/18/boris-johnson-lying-media

"For Johnson there seems to be no political price to pay for deceit and falsehood."
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

Based on the current polls, you lot had better get used to the idea of Boris being PM >:)

Tacit acceptance of his standards of behaviour there 'Dodger? What an inspirational role model he is. I can just see teenagers being stopped from a descent into a life of crime by his shining example.

I know many life long Tory voters, and in some cases (now ex-) Conjob Party members who are disgusted with this person.

If only there were a viable alternative. Corbyn? You and your like are responsible for this sh1tfest...
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    orraloon said:

I know many life long Tory voters, and in some cases (now ex-) Conjob Party members who are disgusted with this person.

I'm one, not that you know me.

You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Stevo_666 said:

Well I guess we should all congratulate Stevo on his consistency at least - we've now reached the stage where his posts on the actual important issues of the day are completely indistinguishable from his Chelsea FC fanboi banter.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625

Stevo_666 said:

Well I guess we should all congratulate Stevo on his consistency at least - we've now reached the stage where his posts on the actual important issues of the day are completely indistinguishable from his Chelsea FC fanboi banter.
    You get the feeling it's more about the identity that voting tory bestows on certain people rather than anything to do with policies.

You see it a lot up north in certain cities. There you vote tory because it represents that you're not working class and don't need the state to help out.

You vote labour because you are and the tory lot are f*cking you.
  • Stevo_666
    Blimey, it's funny how a simple statement of the facts about the polls and likely results brings out such a reaction and some thinly veiled personal jabs :) Not got enough to whinge about on the other threads?

And talk about reading in between the lines...
  • You also need to get used to having a dedicated liar as PM. Don't count yourself out of those affected.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Stevo_666 said:

Blimey, it's funny how a simple statement of the facts about the polls and likely results brings out such a reaction and some thinly veiled personal jabs :) Not got enough to whinge about on the other threads?

Your Boris fandom is getting to you. It's simply untrue to claim that your post was a "simple statement of facts", and you know it.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2019

Stevo_666 said:

Your Boris fandom is getting to you. It's simply untrue to claim that your post was a "simple statement of facts", and you know it.
    Oh no I don't.

You seem particularly sad and bitter this evening. Try playing the ball not the man when you're felling a bit better.