Critérium du Dauphiné 2019, June 9th to 16th *Spoilers*

Comments

• FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I'm not a fan of twitter, but it can be useful on occasion to find out from the individual in question.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    Another thing about social media (esp Twitter). Why do so many people have to qualify their sympathy statements with "I'm not a fan of Froome/Sky but...."

You don't see tweets like that when someone famous dies. "I've never bought a jazz record, but I was saddened to hear the of the passing of Dr. John"

The bit that gets me is asshats like Peter Flax trying to be “clever” or edgy about his response. Not a great advert for that rag of a blog he writes for.

But I suppose someone who ranks Wiggins and Froome as number 2&3 in his ranking of dopers you shouldn’t be surprised
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Pross wrote:
    Why would anyone want to see a video of a rider having a high speed crash with serious injuries? I've seen too much of that live in races. It the modern way to film and show everything and anything no matter what the impact is on others.

Some people are just weird. there was the photo of the footballer Sala (he died in a plane crash) and the photo was of his body in the mortuary after having been recovered from the sea a couple of weeks after the crash. Why would you take a picture and why release it? Because they can!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Another thing about social media (esp Twitter). Why do so many people have to qualify their sympathy statements with "I'm not a fan of Froome/Sky but...."

You don't see tweets like that when someone famous dies. "I've never bought a jazz record, but I was saddened to hear the of the passing of Dr. John"

The bit that gets me is asshats like Peter Flax trying to be “clever” or edgy about his response. Not a great advert for that rag of a blog he writes for.

But I suppose someone who ranks Wiggins and Froome as number 2&3 in his ranking of dopers you shouldn’t be surprised
    What, who was number 1?? Pantani or Armstrong?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    edited June 2019
    The internet is a memetic blight on the zeitgeist. ... Shame about the crash .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    Speaks to the popularity of his blog that I had never heard of him. I see his favourite positions in articles are "butthurt" and "deliberately contrarian" though.
  • mididoctors
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    What, who was number 1?? Pantani or Armstrong?

In all honesty I was a bigger doper than Wiggins and froome. And I was small fry compared to my ameteur peers .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Rerailing the thread......Nasty ramp .a few of the guys sitting up
  • mididoctors
    9k to go
  • mididoctors
    4k 20 seconds
  • mididoctors
    3k 15seconds
  • mididoctors
    Loads of temp road furniture
  • mididoctors
    Catch at 1k. Ebh and Gilbert over the top... Taking a flyer
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    He's some rider eh
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mididoctors
    Wow ..... Amazing sprint ... won't spoil it for you all
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924

Yes, definitely Wow!
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • bobmcstuff
    It's a spoilers thread!

Went from a long way out. Bennet was coming up very fast.
  • bobmcstuff
    I'd speculate Van Aert is going to die on his arse as soon as they see any proper mountains, he's a pretty big guy.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741

I will.
    Wout van Aert having an incredible Dauphine.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

I will.
    Wout van Aert having an incredible Dauphine.
    Lol
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Doesn't spoil it for me!
    Half man, Half bike
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    I'd speculate Van Aert is going to die on his ars* as soon as they see any proper mountains, he's a pretty big guy.

He could try the G Thomas diet - he's down to 38 kg apparently
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I remember a CX podcast laughing about a frustrated WvA shouting at the road peloton, "YOU SEE WHAT I'VE HAD TO DEAL WITH FOR FOUR YEARS NOW!!!" when MvdP tore apart Amstel.

Good to see him putting on a bit of show too!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I'd speculate Van Aert is going to die on his ars* as soon as they see any proper mountains, he's a pretty big guy.

He could try the G Thomas diet - he's down to 38 kg apparently

82iq.gif
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • gweeds
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Flax is odd. Seems to really hate a lot about cycling.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gweeds
    bobmcstuff wrote:

No question. He’s looking like a Sagan rather than an Alaphillipe.
  • bobmcstuff
    Gweeds wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

No question. He’s looking like a Sagan rather than an Alaphillipe.
    I was thinking he looked bigger than Sagan, but that's completely unscientific obviously, they may well be similar.

Makes you wonder how much power he's putting out over these shorter distances - it must be insane.
  • gweeds
    He’s a unit that’s for sure. Him and MVdP look like beasts.
  • mididoctors
    Cycling needs a few good thumpers thrashing around like Johan capiot on a failed break at the ronde but successful Instead
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    philbar72 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Oh, Wout you beaut!
    Might Sagan finally have some proper Green Jersey competition?

doubt it. he's quick but not that quick in a gallop. untested over 3 weeks?

Yes, mate. You’re down to 50% accuracy: happy to revisit this after he’s done his 3 weeks...