May has gone - ding dong the utter, utter, total failure of a prime minister is gone

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,659
    rjsterry wrote:
    Hunt being interviewed now on his Brexit strategy, which will magically unite the Tories, the DUP, not include the backstop and be acceptable to the EU.

Other than that it's a secret.

Hunt: Johnson but with less chaos.
    Great strategy. When the sch1t hits the fan, send in the clowns.
    It's a class strategy by the sensible wing of the Conservatives, let a gullible pair of egomaniacs fight it out to see who can be at the helm when the shoot truly hits the fan (you aint seen nothing yet) then the MP's who kept their heads down, rebuild a moderate cons party after all the fuss has died down...

I hope Hunt's maths was better when he ran a business. He's just claimed that if we could boost our economy to a 3% growth rate we'd have an extra £20bn a year to spend on services and tax cuts. Apparently he's forgotten that he's already promised to spend £28bn+ on corporation tax cuts, additional defence spending and social care.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Hunt being interviewed now on his Brexit strategy, which will magically unite the Tories, the DUP, not include the backstop and be acceptable to the EU.

Other than that it's a secret.

Hunt: Johnson but with less chaos.
    Great strategy. When the sch1t hits the fan, send in the clowns.
    It's a class strategy by the sensible wing of the Conservatives, let a gullible pair of egomaniacs fight it out to see who can be at the helm when the shoot truly hits the fan (you aint seen nothing yet) then the MP's who kept their heads down, rebuild a moderate cons party after all the fuss has died down...

I hope Hunt's maths was better when he ran a business. He's just claimed that if we could boost our economy to a 3% growth rate we'd have an extra £20bn a year to spend on services and tax cuts. Apparently he's forgotten that he's already promised to spend £28bn+ on corporation tax cuts, additional defence spending and social care.
    He didn't say when we would have money and depends upon 3% growth rate so might as well promise unicorn turds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    might as well promise unicorn turds.
    Well and truly beaten to it by Labour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterry
    Wow Emma Barnett's good.

Yes, she is. I think Andrew Mitchell will be relieved that that interview is over.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    might as well promise unicorn turds.
    Well and truly beaten to it by Labour.

This sounds more and more hollow the more you say it.
  • rjsterry
    I wonder if a photograph will "emerge" today; taken through a window of Johnson (or just some bloke in a blond wig) earnestly making model buses.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    John crace as cutting as ever
    Then came the final implosion. Asked what he liked to do in his spare time, Johnson literally had no idea what to say as even he could see that “shagging” wasn’t an appropriate answer. “Um... er...,” he said. He liked making buses from wooden crates. No, not crates, but cardboard boxes. Then he coloured them in red, wrote £350m down the side, and painted in happy faces of people all saying how much they loved Boris before breaking into a chorus of The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round. Call it occupational therapy for a sex and love addict.

Kempsell understandably looked amazed. Even Johnson looked as if he had surprised himself. It was such a pointless, obvious lie. One there had been no need to tell. But he just couldn’t help himself. Lying was what he did. Lying was what he had always done. And it would almost certainly earn him the keys to Downing Street. In the meantime, one of his carers was sent off to make a cardboard bus. Just so they would have something to show the media.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    bompington wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Just reading the write up of Johnson's LBC interview. Not sure why he bothered as he gave no answers to anything. He's running entirely on his 'personality' and blind optimism.

I watched the Laura Kuenssberg interview where she thinks that his private life should be aired. I am guessing if I asked Laura for details of her intimate private life she might not be forthcoming. Surely I need to know how one of the BBC's key political correspondents private life may or may not affect her judgement. Shame big BOJO did not ask her about the last row she had with her partner. Trump would have given it a go:)
    There is a legitimate argument to be had about what extent politicians' private lives should be up for scrutiny.

Your post, however, is not that legitimate discussion, it is merely a pathetic piece of tribalist tit-for-tat whataboutery.

I hope at your next interview for a very important job you are asked all sorts of personal questions about your life. I am sure you will point out the legality of the line of questioning. It is not overly relevant what Boris does in his private life with his partner unless it is illegal and in this case it would appear that it was not. Unless of course you wish to promote the view that our PM can only be a Tony, David type of guy with the loyal educated wife and maybe some kids. Is this also too much whataboutery for you.
  • john80
    john80 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Just reading the write up of Johnson's LBC interview. Not sure why he bothered as he gave no answers to anything. He's running entirely on his 'personality' and blind optimism.

I watched the Laura Kuenssberg interview where she thinks that his private life should be aired. I am guessing if I asked Laura for details of her intimate private life she might not be forthcoming. Surely I need to know how one of the BBC's key political correspondents private life may or may not affect her judgement. Shame big BOJO did not ask her about the last row she had with her partner. Trump would have given it a go:)

You do understand the concept of an interview?

Are you pitching that interviewers should be asking any question however inappropriate? If she asked him to give a round up of all the relationships that have broken down in his life would this be appropriate. Maybe then she could move onto how big his tackle is and what really floats his boat sexually. That will really help out the Tory Members who actually have a vote on this race. As always with Laura it is the big issues that she is searching for. Its like watching loose women.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    john80 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

There is a legitimate argument to be had about what extent politicians' private lives should be up for scrutiny.

Your post, however, is not that legitimate discussion, it is merely a pathetic piece of tribalist tit-for-tat whataboutery.

I hope at your next interview for a very important job you are asked all sorts of personal questions about your life. I am sure you will point out the legality of the line of questioning. It is not overly relevant what Boris does in his private life with his partner unless it is illegal and in this case it would appear that it was not. Unless of course you wish to promote the view that our PM can only be a Tony, David type of guy with the loyal educated wife and maybe some kids. Is this also too much whataboutery for you.
    You're running late with that one, it's moved on the question all interviewers were asking was about the date stamp on the photograph, which he refused to answer, but to give him his credit he did tell us how he makes cardboard buses to pass the time between interviews.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • john80
    john80 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

You're running late with that one, it's moved on the question all interviewers were asking was about the date stamp on the photograph, which he refused to answer, but to give him his credit he did tell us how he makes cardboard buses to pass the time between interviews.

Apologies we have to focus on the big hitters.
  • rjsterry
    john80 wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Apologies we have to focus on the big hitters.

Of course it is a distraction. But it is interesting that such a carefully stage managed campaign was blown off track so easily. And then the problem made worse by issuing a photo that was obviously taken weeks if not months ago. If he'd just said "Yes we had a row. Apologies for disturbing my neighbours" that would have been that. And it's not limited to his private life. The denial of communication with Bannon. The claims about his record as mayor. That f***ing bridge. The man seems to be incapable of telling the truth even when there is nothing to be gained from lying.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    john80 wrote:
    I would like to think that, next time I am running for PM, I would accept that people will be interested in things that throw a light on my character.
    There is, as I fruitlessly pointed out, a case (both legal and moral) for keeping private lives out of work. But there is also a pretty strong case that people behave consistently, and so evidence of wrongdoing in one area of life can be referenced in others.
    Not so much "was it illegal?", but definitely "does this provide further evidence that I am a complete sh1t, a compulsive liar, and what sort of ridiculous PR stunts will I pull to cover it up?"
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,245
    john80 wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

You do understand the concept of an interview?

Are you pitching that interviewers should be asking any question however inappropriate? If she asked him to give a round up of all the relationships that have broken down in his life would this be appropriate. Maybe then she could move onto how big his tackle is and what really floats his boat sexually. That will really help out the Tory Members who actually have a vote on this race. As always with Laura it is the big issues that she is searching for. Its like watching loose women.

No, I'm pitching that interviewers ask questions, and interviewees answer them. Not generally the other way around.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Is Laura Kuennssbergh Kuenseburgh.. you know who I mean.. running for Prime Minister??

No, she is not.

Boris shouldn't even get beyond a parole board let alone get into number 10. I'm not suggesting he should be locked up, this is not the USA, but maybe this:

best-toddler-reins_181673-2f7fd84.jpg?quality=90&resize=620,413

when he is not playing with his model buses?

Whaddaya say?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    The great lies in life

I love you

The cheques in the post

No babe I won't cum in your mouth

Boris and Hunt are testing established thinking in this subject
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • john80
    Robert88 wrote:
    Is Laura Kuennssbergh Kuenseburgh.. you know who I mean.. running for Prime Minister??

No, she is not.

Boris shouldn't even get beyond a parole board let alone get into number 10. I'm not suggesting he should be locked up, this is not the USA, but maybe this:

Whaddaya say?

You do realise that you have already been arrested and are trying to be released from prison when you meet the parole board. But you are not suggesting he should be locked up.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    PS - ha, may take you up on that then Stevo. I do get into that London on a reasonably regular basis!
    No worries Rolf, drop me PM if you're headed South and I'll see what I can do. I work pretty close to Euston & KX if you travel down by train.

Can't guarantee that the beer will be to your liking, mind :)

Rolf. As good as Real Ales are, stay away from them if you go for a drink with Stevo, as they're flat and watery down here! :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    PS - ha, may take you up on that then Stevo. I do get into that London on a reasonably regular basis!
    No worries Rolf, drop me PM if you're headed South and I'll see what I can do. I work pretty close to Euston & KX if you travel down by train.

Rolf. As good as Real Ales are, stay away from them if you go for a drink with Stevo, as they're flat and watery down here! :D

Well this should stir the thread up a bit without Bojos help for once!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    I see Hunt defended comparing the EU to the Soviet Union.
  • Ben6899
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

You'll have to try one for yourself, old lad, but you and I are from the same neck of the woods and so know what a proper pint of real ale should look, feel and taste like. I only ever drink it when I'm visiting up North, sticking to proper Pilsners and keg IPAs in the local down here.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • rjsterry
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

You'll have to try one for yourself, old lad, but you and I are from the same neck of the woods and so know what a proper pint of real ale should look, feel and taste like. I only ever drink it when I'm visiting up North, sticking to proper Pilsners and keg IPAs in the local down here.

Maybe you just need to try a different local. ;)

#yorkshireexceptionalism
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Ben6899
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

#yorkshireisexceptional

Tried plenty and decided a long time ago to stay away from anything served from a cask, in London. :D

#isupposeitis
    Ben

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    john80 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

No, she is not.

Whaddaya say?

You do realise that you have already been arrested and are trying to be released from prison when you meet the parole board. But you are not suggesting he should be locked up.

I am certainly not suggesting he should be locked up - it's too late anyway and I don't see Johnston being a good influence on the other inmates.
  • rjsterry
    edited June 2019
    Ben6899 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

#yorkshireisexceptionalism

Tried plenty and decided a long time ago to stay away from anything served from a cask, in London. :D

#isupposeitis

Well there's London and Yorkshire, and then there's the other 94.4% of the UK.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Ben6899
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

#yorkshireisexceptional

#isupposeitis

I suppose I kind of tolerate it. ;)
    Ben

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I usually manage to find something pleasant to drink real aley when in Sussex. And, as for Yorkshire, too many pubs here think that 6 varieties of blonde is a good call. Waste of a good handpump is that! Bloody hipsters. Why aren't they all in Hoxton wherever the hell that is?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    Boris' buses. Yesterday's ramblings provide a SEO benefit

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/11 ... 10592?s=19
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rjsterry
    Boris' buses. Yesterday's ramblings provide a SEO benefit

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/11 ... 10592?s=19

All ties in with his use of codswallop to describe Carole Cadwaladr's story about him talking to Bannon - the same word that Arron Banks uses in his attacks on her reporting. And the Jeremy Vine story of Johnson giving exactly the same after dinner speech - pauses, stumbles and digression all faithfully repeated - several years apart. He's very good at looking like he's a bumbling idiot, but it's all an act.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

#yorkshireisexceptionalism

#isupposeitis

That's a lot of the UK just to lay connecting roads and railways between Yorkshire and London.

Sometime it's easier to fly though
    https://youtu.be/6VLYpKGVBUg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]