Tour *of* Yorkshire - **spoiler**

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,826
    Just rolling out after the start was delayed. Going to be a very late finish, with all this headwind.
    The women took 4 hours.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    Conditions in Yorkshire are ten times worse than conditions in Romandie, where they have chopped out 70kms and all of the climbs, bar the last one. :oops:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,644
    I don't know why anyone is even trying to get in a break into this wind.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    Pross wrote:

Its their cup final and they won't win anyway. Why wouldn't they?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,900
    gsk82 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Got up make some teams chase . There is another day. Stage race and all
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    Just got in and it’s still 95km to go.

Laaate.
  • rick_chasey
    Trackie leading the peloton up a steep climb.

Clearly going fast then!

Riders stopping for a p!ss half way up...
  • mididoctors
    Killer headwind
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,644
    gsk82 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I was looking at the effort on their faces to maintain a 50m lead while 75% of the bunch were freewheeling, I think I'd wait for another day or go later!
  • rick_chasey
    Kicker off in cross wind.
  • mididoctors
    Same corner in s previous edition
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    This race is due to finish around 6.30 local time. Surely this must the latest finishing race outside occasional evening prologue and final stages in GTs
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    head winds first half. 40 mph
  • mididoctors
    You want to clip.off 5km to go before the race turns back into a headwind. Defo before the sprint
  • rick_chasey
    You want to clip.off 5km to go before the race turns back into a headwind. Defo before the sprint

CCC pace too high
  • rick_chasey
    Missed the name but the young sprinter from the Danish team won. Kam?

Beat Lawless on the line
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,236
    A Kamp Norwegian.
  • ocdupalais
    Or A Kamp Dane
  • ocdupalais
    Poor old GVA - most riders only dream of the results he’s had so far this year, yet for him it must feel like failure.
  • gsk82
    Now the bike race is over itv4 are showing double decker bus speedway.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    Should of gone from further out
  • blazing_saddles
    I hadn't heard of Kamp before Brabantse Pils. Went well in Coppi e Bartali.
    However, the whole team performance was impressive.

Trust ad break ITV, with their whole stage coverage, to miss the crucial move of the stage, when the peloton exploded.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    well that was absoloutley cracking. thats what a race should look like. #brutal
  • RichN95.
    Does anyone know when the stage will finish tomorrow?

Line of Duty is on at 9pm and Game of Thrones at 2am. I wouldn't want a clash.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    RichN95 wrote:

:lol:

Stressful viewing day.
  • gsk82
    RichN95 wrote:

Im sure it'll finish earlier since they aren't squeezing in a women's race before.
  • mididoctors
    Is there anything wrong with a late finish?
  • rick_chasey
    It’s a stunning route.

Rode decent chunks of it last year and phwoar.

The extra bit the pros do is quite something.
  • RichN95.
    Is there anything wrong with a late finish?
    Not for me, but the riders and staff may not be too keen.
  • mididoctors
    Top pedalling at the tdy