Tour *of* Yorkshire - **spoiler**

Comments

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Looks like nobody was really sure where the line was for the first intermediate sprint - it certainly wasn't clear on TV - but it was eventually given to Tom Stewart. Looked like riders thought they'd already crossed the line at least twice - it was a weird old sprint.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    does this race get more interesting this weekend?
  • Alejandrosdog
    that was interesting, looks like the brek wil be allowed to get a bit of a gap now
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Bernie Eisel clearly did his cycling proficiency test and can remember the official hand signal for "I'm slowing down" - and the gap promptly goes out as the rest of DiData take his hint.

The driving force for that was people starting to pop off the front to try and join the break - at least two are now up the road.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    The wind here in York has noticeably picked up in the last hour or so. Would probably be a headwind for the majority of the route, so doesn't favour the break.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,906
    Have had a rather shitty morning with a trip to A&E (back home now - she’s doing ok)

Have I missed the worlds course?
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    does this race get more interesting this weekend?

Yes of course it does. Daft question!

Right I'm back folks, worry not. Good to see real life My Man Rob Scott in the break. Finished 2nd behind him in a crit a few years ago, having both spent several laps off the front sharing the spoils from the primes, got caught but still managed to get back up for the sprint [/rosetintedspecs]
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Have had a rather sh!tty morning with a trip to A&E (back home now - she’s doing ok)

No, not yet. Comes after the climb.

Hope everything's okay.
  • ShutupJens
    Have had a rather sh!tty morning with a trip to A&E (back home now - she’s doing ok)

You have not, it comes after the KOM point
  • Alejandrosdog
    I’m quite liking itv commentary
  • Lanterne_Rogue

It's noticeable that Boulting's a better commentator with Millar alongside him, compared to this morning.
  • ShutupJens

It's a lot better than almost any of the alternatives
  • Alejandrosdog

It's noticeable that Boulting's a better commentator with Millar alongside him, compared to this morning.

They’re pretty easy with each other.
  • Alejandrosdog
    That bloor homes/ canyon kit and bike is very smart.
  • ShutupJens

He appears to have done his homework for this one, some pretty in depth knowledge of the NZ National champs he's got there
  • Lanterne_Rogue

They’re pretty easy with each other.

I think this morning Boulting was having to cope with riders that he didn't know as well plus co-coms who weren't as experienced as Millar so threatened to get a bit Alan Partridge at times. I hadn't realised how much work Millar does at adding colour to the race by explaining what the peloton is thinking and doing even when nothing is apparently happening to the casual viewer. Means Boulting doesn't have to try and fill air by speculating about nothing very much, which got a bit trying.
  • ShutupJens
    All lined out at the front now, riders queuing up to do a turn. Stark contrast to yesterday!
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Wiggins rider attacks from the break.

J. Fouche
  • ShutupJens
    Wiggins rider attacks from the break.

J. Fouche

Yeah, not coming back before the climb
  • shirley_basso
    18s.

Co commentator sounds a bit like Andy Murray
  • shirley_basso
    Fouche has won all KOM jerseys in all stages races entered this year.
  • ShutupJens
    18s.

Co commentator sounds a bit like Andy Murray

Very much so! Spot on. I find him quite a relaxing listen most of the time, especially as he stays calm when there is some real tactical analysis going on. Millar always seems to take the time to read a situation before commenting

Down hill to the start of the circuit now
  • ShutupJens
    Speaking of the circuit, it borrows a very short stretch of the world famous round here Pennypot Circuit which often plays host to the Yorkshire world champs as well as various other races through the year. You'd get a better race just sending them around there than the circuit through Harrogate, roads are too wide imo.

All the talk is about MvdP riding the worlds now but I think it suits Sagan right down to the ground, I can't see those late flyers that you see in the worlds really looking like sticking
  • ShutupJens
    Rob cornering like a chump
  • ShutupJens
    Really powerful sprint by Jake Scott to take out the 2nd intermediate sprint. Strong rider
  • ShutupJens
    Cavendish on the front giving it a wave and enjoying himself. Fantastic to see
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Cavendish on the front giving it a wave and enjoying himself. Fantastic to see

Yeah, nice touch.
  • ShutupJens
    Been to doctors to get a sick note for another two weeks. Can't deal with this, will be bored stiff after Romandie (and probably during)
  • ShutupJens
    Millar in Cathedral mode sounds a little bit forced today
  • ShutupJens
    Hoping that the break gets caught before the twisty/turny section that starts to come with 12km or so to go, would like my efforts today to be rewarded with witnessing some racing