Re: S*** small race thread 2019

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    Daniel B wrote:
    Did no channel over here, or seemingly anywhere, show the Tour of Norway?
    It was broadcast on Facebook
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,604
    RichN95 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    Did no channel over here, or seemingly anywhere, show the Tour of Norway?
    It was broadcast on Facebook

Bugger, wanted to watch it whilst on the turbo.

Am tour of california-ing it instead.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,832
    Ethan Hayter has won both the prologue and the first stage of the Baby Giro.

Highlights of both here:

https://www.pmgsport.it/video/diretta-s ... -giornata/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,914
    Hayter was upfront at the TDY. Where is he off too?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128

Highlights of both here:

Thanks. I enjoyed that. The German kid who came second has some style doesn't he? Quite a contrast with Hayter's smoothness.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,661
    Hayter was upfront at the TDY. Where is he off too?

Was a stagiaire at Sky last year wasn't he? That and his background would have made him almost certainly a future Sky rider but I guess we don't know if Ineos will go down the same route.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,101

Highlights of both here:

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    DeadCalm wrote:

Highlights of both here:

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

Was the marshal at the deviation having a nap? :lol:
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    Remco Evenepoel currently kicking Tim Wellen's butt in Belgium.
  • DeadCalm
    Another team GB rider, Matthew Walls, about whom I know nothing, takes stage 2 of the Baby Giro.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,927
    Mont Ventoux Denivele Challenge.... Today (17/06) Eurosport 2, 12:15 to 14:15 UK

Edited... corrected channel...it's on ES2
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • blazing_saddles
    Romain Bardet can't buy a win this season, even with a super strong team and a big turn from Tony Gallopin.
    Jesus Herrada easily sees him off in the inaugural Ventoux challenge, for season win number 4.
    Has to be said that the field quality was pretty thin.
  • Romain Bardet can't buy a win this season, even with a super strong team and a big turn from Tony Gallopin.
    Jesus Herrada easily sees him off in the inaugural Ventoux challenge, for season win number 4.
    Has to be said that the field quality was pretty thin.

You don't think racing for 8 days in adverse weather at the Dauphine that saw off Yates and then turning up the next day (probably on a keep a deal with the promoters) and going up against a very in form Herrada might be a factor . I'm sure he's really concerned about your concerns
  • blazing_saddles
    The three final Tour warm up stage races take place this week.
    First up is Solvenia: a five day race over mostly rolling terrain. The course though seems to have attracted mainly sprinters, with Cav, Ackermann and Bauhuas, the main names.
    Young sensation, Tadej Pogačar will be eyeing the overall of his home race.
    The Queen stage on Saturday:

tour-of-slovenia-2019-stage-4-profile-a502cb5509.jpg

On Thursday, we have La Route d'Occitanie, or as many remember, La Route du Sud: France's last offering being a hilly affair in the Pyrenees.
    Those present include, Valverde, the in form Jesus Herrada, Sivakov and Sosa, Alexandre Geniez, Arnaud Démare and Valentin Madouas.

The Queen stages:
    Thursday.
    la-route-d-occitanie-2019-stage-1-profile-7d565325ad.jpg
    Saturday.
    la-route-d-occitanie-2019-stage-3-profile-n2-22861e25d3.jpg

Both the above races will be covered live on Eurosport.

Finally, the tradition race of the fast men, starting tomorrow: the ZLM Tour.
    Where Groenewegen and Ewan seem to stand head and shoulders above the rest.
  • DeadCalm

Highlights of both here:

Next climber off the Colombian production line: Andres Camilo Ardila, currently tearing it up at the Baby Giro.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm wrote:

Highlights of both here:

Next climber off the Colombian production line: Andres Camilo Ardila, currently tearing it up at the Baby Giro.

There's more Colombian action there than at an estate agents convention
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cavendish way down in Solvenia

Did he have a problem? Surely if he keeps going like this he can't be going to TdF?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,339
    iainf72 wrote:

Did he have a problem? Surely if he keeps going like this he can't be going to TdF?

Hmmm... dropped on a cat 3 climb in Slovenia doesn't sound ideal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    iainf72 wrote:

Hmmm... dropped on a cat 3 climb in Slovenia doesn't sound ideal.

To be fair that third cat was in 2 bits, split with a downhill section. First section was about 2kms at 8% and the second 1.5kms at 9.3%, so not easy.
    Only 50 riders or so made it home on the winners time and there were half a dozen DNFs.
    Having said that, he didn't look great.
    Slovenian parcours turning out to be a lot harder than the vastly inflated profiles dished those jokers in Switzerland.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,914
    Former Yugoslavia roads are tres grippy. Slovenia has better tarmac than Croatia. Got marooned there during the civil war . Had to.cycle out in the end through the battle lines. Trippy experience had a entire motorway to my self on a push bike .was like 28 days later.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    The baby Giro boys going one better than main event today, with a double ascent of the Mortirolo.

D9gP8gLWkAA6rSQ.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    Cracking race in Solvenia today.
    Group of 5 left after the climb, (Chaves crashed twice on the descent) held off the chase group and had the stage in the bag until 800m to go.
    Mucked about and got mugged by Mezgec.
    Pogacar surprisingly got dropped on the climb, too.
  • blazing_saddles
    Excellent stuff in France, too at La Route d'Occitanie, on a cracking little circuit. Old man Valverde had just enough in the tank to hold off the mightily impressive Eddie Dunbar. In fact, had the Irishman been on the right wheel, when Uran kick off the charge for the line, he would almost certainly won. Quite impressed by Gallopin's gutsy effort, too. He was dropped quite early on the second ascent, but he fought his way back up to the leaders, to get into the final battle. Nans Peters also continues too impress, as a guy who doesn't look the most natural climber in the world.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,661
    Benny Hill is in a two man break at Slovenia which is commentary free ES player. Can't help thinking they're missing a trick as they could be cutting between him and the chasers with the Benny Hill theme tune playing. Maybe one for the highlights show with everything speeded up a bit!
  • blazing_saddles
    Pross wrote:
    Benny Hill is in a two man break at Slovenia which is commentary free ES player. Can't help thinking they're missing a trick as they could be cutting between him and the chasers with the Benny Hill theme tune playing. Maybe one for the highlights show with everything speeded up a bit!

Kirby has been having a field day, Benny Hill has been in the break most days.
    I'm watching Czeck Eurosport with commentary. 64kms to go and it's very up and down with the big climb at the finale.
  • blazing_saddles
    UAE make a complete horlicks of the finish.
    Ulissi should have let Pogacar's wheel go and forced Visconti to close the gap.
    Instead they gave him a two man lead out. :oops:
  • blazing_saddles
    Ivan Sosa runs out the winner of the La Route d'Occitanie Queen stage, beating Valverde and his Movistar team mate for the day, Rigoberto Uran.
    Some weird tactics again.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Saw this on EF's instagram - GBDURO - basically a LEJOG race https://www.theracingcollective.com/gbduro.html

Looks a bit like the transcontinental maybe. Lachlan Morton is winning, somewhat predictably.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm wrote:

Highlights of both here:

There's more Colombian action there than at an estate agents convention
    3 stages plus the prologue for team GB but completely outshone by the Colombians who take places 1 to 4 on the final stage to give them four stage wins and ownership of the podium.
    Team My Man 2022:

• meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Saw this on EF's instagram - GBDURO - basically a LEJOG race https://www.theracingcollective.com/gbduro.html

Looks a bit like the transcontinental maybe. Lachlan Morton is winning, somewhat predictably.

Indeed he is

https://www.theracingcollective.com/gbduro.html

Looks like only 28 started, looks an interesting concept. I might be interested in the Morecambe to Scarborough one next year. Even if I am far, far, far away from being any kind of racer.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire