Re: S*** small race thread 2019

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,344
    According to Marcus Burghardt, fault lies with the race organisers, because the person crossing on the pedestrian crossing seemingly has a disability and the organisers should ensure better marshalling of the course (is in the replies to that link).

I'm also amazed, there was no crash! :shock: :)
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Wellens, the only person who uses the Tour as a tune up race, won his stage of the Binckbank tour today as you might expect. Now watching a bit of Norway, Lutsenko is looking lively as is Lilian Calmejane who won a stage of the tour once apparently.. not that it ever gets mentioned
  • ShutupJens
    photo.php?fbid=10157575211097002&set=a.66549437001&type=3&theater

That's a salmon according to Maggie
  • ShutupJens
    How do I post a screenshot that I took on my laptop
  • ShutupJens
    If you help me you will be rewarded with a lovely picture of a woman holding a salmon
  • ShutupJens
    In related but less than important matters, Mathieu just licked everyone in the sprint, fresh off his MTB
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    Ivan Sosa took the queen stage of Vuelta Burgos and the GC lead quite convincingly. Probable Ineos leader at the Vuelta?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ivan Sosa took the queen stage of Vuelta Burgos and the GC lead quite convincingly. Probable Ineos leader at the Vuelta?

He rode the Giro earlier this year, I think it's unlikely Ineos will put him in two GTs in his first season in the World Tour given his age.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    MVDP just annihilated the sprint field today. An absolute beast.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,339
    ShutupJens wrote:

68732867_10157575211107002_3110067955988168704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQndA1ha1uBM5HnttM-M2ubBjspb_QEtzDSuO7dHLq1IYe6GsjLKZmOmAdHqCt7T_KI&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-2.xx&oh=ae02efebbd511d0a9adcebf6431f0161&oe=5DE05524
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,339
    ShutupJens wrote:
    How do I post a screenshot that I took on my laptop

You can't upload an image here, you can only embed an image file that's hosted elsewhere.

Find an image online
    Right click on it and select "copy image location"
    Paste that into the Image tag in the post editor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

He rode the Giro earlier this year, I think it's unlikely Ineos will put him in two GTs in his first season in the World Tour given his age.
    He didn't ride the Giro for GC and he's barely ridden since. What do think he's saving himself for? GP Quebec?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    RichN95 wrote:
    He didn't ride the Giro for GC and he's barely ridden since. What do think he's saving himself for? GP Quebec?
    He's 21 and in his first year at WT level. Riding two GTs in his debut season at this level would almost certainly have a detrimental impact on his development, damaging his future prospects to perform at the highest level. Ineos won't risk him. They've already said that Bernal won't ride the Vuelta because doing two GTs at his age is too much, I can't see them making an exception for Sosa.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    He's 21 and in his first year at WT level. Riding two GTs in his debut season at this level would almost certainly have a detrimental impact on his development, damaging his future prospects to perform at the highest level. Ineos won't risk him. They've already said that Bernal won't ride the Vuelta because doing two GTs at his age is too much, I can't see them making an exception for Sosa.

Same for Sivakov.

It looks like they'll be sending a nothing team to the vuelta, just like the Giro. So much for total dominance of GTs.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Victory percentage of Mathieu van der Poel @mathieuvdpoel, a.k.a. The Cycling Cannibal Chameleon, in 2019 (in official races on UCI-calendar):

Cyclocross 12/12 = 100%

Mountainbike 14/16 = 87,5%

Road 7/16 (after stage victory in stage 1 #ArticRace) = 43,7%

Total 33/44 = 75%!!

https://twitter.com/jonas_creteur/statu ... 73/photo/1
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,563
    gsk82 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Same for Sivakov.

It looks like they'll be sending a nothing team to the vuelta, just like the Giro. So much for total dominance of GTs.

Tao was saying on the podcast that he was going to be leading at the Vuelta. Sounded that he wasn't that happy about having to play second fiddle in Poland...
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,236
    Gweeds wrote:
    Victory percentage of Mathieu van der Poel @mathieuvdpoel, a.k.a. The Cycling Cannibal Chameleon, in 2019 (in official races on UCI-calendar):

Cyclocross 12/12 = 100%

Mountainbike 14/16 = 87,5%

Road 7/16 (after stage victory in stage 1 #ArticRace) = 43,7%

Total 33/44 = 75%!!

https://twitter.com/jonas_creteur/statu ... 73/photo/1

As you said before, “absolute beast”.
    As though his success rate wasn’t impressive enough, it’s the quality of the races and racers that he’s beating. In CX, his victory is nearly always taken by being at or near the front at the start, then being able to hit a work rate that others can’t match. But it’s not just anybody - it’s the best of the rest in the world. In MTB, he’s needing to sprint more to win, but again - it’s against the best in the world. And his last RR was Amstel that he won by being astonishing.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    delete
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    ShutupJens wrote:

68732867_10157575211107002_3110067955988168704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQndA1ha1uBM5HnttM-M2ubBjspb_QEtzDSuO7dHLq1IYe6GsjLKZmOmAdHqCt7T_KI&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-2.xx&oh=ae02efebbd511d0a9adcebf6431f0161&oe=5DE05524

theres something fishy about that picture
  • ocdupalais
    I take it all back. MVDP only finished 2nd today. He’s sh!t.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    OCDuPalais wrote:

He got beat by Bryan Cocquard. Yesterday he beat the likes of Danny van Poppel. I don't think this race is one to get too excited by.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ocdupalais
    gsk82 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:

He got beat by Bryan Cocquard. Yesterday he beat the likes of Danny van Poppel. I don't think this race is one to get too excited by.
    It’s not the race I was talking about. If you can’t get excited by the rider and his context, then I don’t know what could possibly excite you in the world of pro road racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,661
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Is it time for a "Should MVDP retire before he destroys his legacy?" thread?
  • RichN95.
    Wrong thread
  • RichN95.
    Ivan Sosa wins again in Burgos and takes the GC. Surely Ineos have to take him to the Vuelta
  • Enjoying slobbed out in heat watching a competitive Limousin
  • RichN95.
    Viviani gets his first win for Cofidis at Schaar Sels

Also Viviani wins Euro Cyclassics for DQS
  • If anyone is looking for Ineos's Vuelta team, I have found them...................in Germany.

Geraint Thomas
    Pavel Sivakov
    Michał Kwiatkowski
    Luke Rowe
    Ben Swift
    Jhonatan Narváez

Starts today. Unfortunately, in the UK, only stage 1 is live on ES 2, but the other stages have 90 minutes highlights after that thing in Spain.

deutschland-tour-2019-stage-1-profile-4bc985702d.jpg
    deutschland-tour-2019-stage-2-profile-2497312cc2.jpg
    deutschland-tour-2019-stage-3-profile-423b0c68c2.jpg
    deutschland-tour-2019-stage-4-profile-b7cc4f7bf0.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,796
    Sep Vanmarcke (EF Education First) wins the Bretagne Classic
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,563
    Sep Vanmarcke (EF Education First) wins the Bretagne Classic

My MAN!

Scenes very rarely seen...

B9720754975Z.1_20190901193938_000+GK2EC128O.2-0.jpg?itok=XPki2yuN

cjvSpE2giqZ5wynPDv2Jdd.jpg