The cooking thread and what are you having for dinner tonight beansnikpoh?

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Pinno wrote:
    Does Wolfie have a new mota?
    Do lefties have cars these days? How bourgeois.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,352
    You should see the funny collection of bangers that deliver sproglets to Tricky's school.
    It's in the middle of a sink estate. The best place in the area for children with learning difficulties. :roll:

Where tf is Hoppy? This thread is for him after all.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    You should see the funny collection of bangers that deliver sproglets to Tricky's school.
    It's in the middle of a sink estate. The best place in the area for children with learning difficulties. :roll:

Where tf is Hoppy? This thread is for him after all.
    I hope you're talking about cars...

I guess Hoppy is working his way through his pill stash as he can't drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Oh yeah - well remembered.
    He should have asked me, I would have given him some pills.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nah, out at a party. Drove. People are farking boring after they've had about 4 pints and you've had nowt.

I ate a shitload of grub though. Sandwiches, satay chicken skewers, hot sausage rolls, cheese. Pineapple juice was the bevvy of choice.

I like Tooting. Lots of good places to eat and drink. I suppose the high street looks a bit shabby, but not everywhere can be Knightsbridge or Mayfair.
  • hopkinb
    I've run out of pills. Might have to revisit the work private gp with "back spasms" to get a new 'script. NHS aren't so free and easy. Though i really shouldn't. Always handy to have a few though.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nah, out at a party. Drove. People are farking boring after they've had about 4 pints and you've had nowt.

I ate a shitload of grub though. Sandwiches, satay chicken skewers, hot sausage rolls, cheese. Pineapple juice was the bevvy of choice.

I like Tooting. Lots of good places to eat and drink. I suppose the high street looks a bit shabby, but not everywhere can be Knightsbridge or Mayfair.
    Stand out feature of Tooting for me is those Somali refugees who camp on the bench outside the library:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4876282/Somalian-mother-son-chosen-live-bench.html

Stressbag got out as soon as she could and moved upmarket to Penge (before she met me)
  • hopkinb
    Stacks of bavette, beaten thin, cooked rare, rested, sliced on the bias, Yorkshire pudding, kale with garlic and lemon, broccoli, reduction of beef stock in the steak pan. V happy family.

40 mins start to finish. Kilo of bavette reduced to £8 in Waitrose. Now, that's a cheap and tasty way to feed 4 on a Sunday evening.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stacks of bavette, beaten thin, cooked rare, rested, sliced on the bias, Yorkshire pudding, kale with garlic and lemon, broccoli, reduction of beef stock in the steak pan. V happy family.

40 mins start to finish. Kilo of bavette reduced to £8 in Waitrose. Now, that's a cheap and tasty way to feed 4 on a Sunday evening.
    I now know what bavette is :oops: :)
  • hopkinb
    Cheap steak. Tasty, tough if overcooked.
  • hopkinb
    Bobotie. Mrs H3 made a big batch. Lovely.
  • Stevo_666
    Fish n chips for us tonight :)

5-funny-I-love-hip-hop-t-shirt-comment.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Toad in the hole. Get in. :D
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Toad in the hole. Get in. :D
    I thought that would have been a Valentines day dish :P
  • Salmon with with fried cabbage and pancetta.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    organic chicken wrapped in prosciutto, sauteed kale (garlic, salt, pepper, stock), fresh spinach with Bollinger.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Kale and spinach?!
  • Matthewfalle
    yeah. one cooked one not. totes obvs kale cooked. never done it before so intrigued. pleasantly surprised totes tbh mega lol.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • yeah. one cooked one not. totes obvs kale cooked. never done it before so intrigued. pleasantly surprised totes tbh mega lol.
    Mrs DHL always overcooks the spinach. Tries to cook it quick but still overdoes it. Max 15s or its glue.
  • Stevo_666
    Just been out for a cracking posh curry and a few drinks with a mate whose birthday is only a week after mine. Beats eating in :)
  • Matthewfalle
    yeah. one cooked one not. totes obvs kale cooked. never done it before so intrigued. pleasantly surprised totes tbh mega lol.
    Mrs DHL always overcooks the spinach. Tries to cook it quick but still overdoes it. Max 15s or its glue.

we like a bit of spinach in these parts - to tie in with Steve's post, you can't go wrong with a nice sagaloo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666

we like a bit of spinach in these parts - to tie in with Steve's post, you can't go wrong with a nice sagaloo.
    True that.

It unfortunately a bit windy this morning :)
  • Matthewfalle
    cr3p biltong that was a present and nice cold ice cold Peroni whilst reading a copy of Rouleur.

dinner of champions.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Hospital slop.
    And - worse, I can't get someone to go to the cafe and get me a proper coffee. I might have to go on hunger strike.
  • Chillie, post run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Hospital slop.
    And - worse, I can't get someone to go to the cafe and get me a proper coffee. I might have to go on hunger strike.

why you there?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Hospital slop.
    Order something in online - must be some decent kebab joints nearby.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Hospital slop.

F*cking right. Success: no hunger strike I got a coffee.
    @ the MF's: Hip replacement replacement.

Can Hoppy jump on the train and be my personal chef?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Hospital slop.

I reckon you couldn't trust him not to scoff it all himself :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Hospital slop.

I reckon you couldn't trust him not to scoff it all himself :)

I would have to treble up on the food order.