The cooking thread and what are you having for dinner tonight beansnikpoh?

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    seanoconn said:

Damn you god for blessing me with this sexy body! Damn you to hell!! 😩

Fish supper?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Oh and yesterday I had a 21 day aged fillet steak chips, mushrooms, tomatoes and a side of baked beans because they needed using. Steak was cooked to perfection with a rub of extra virgin olive oil and just a light dusting of salt and pepper, oh god it was good. 🤤
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    seanoconn said:

I’m still hungry 😕

That was just the starter surely?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    itboffin said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

Made a chicken tikka biryani boy that was a lot of effort and as per usual my portion control was totally out, made enough for six, two of which i've eaten already :D

To be honest I was slightly surprised with your portion control but I didn’t want to say anything and look stupid in case it was well know that you cycled a Tour de France per week.

Anyway. Pics next time please.
    One of the benefits of the one meal a day diet is that meal can be huge and I don’t gain a lb

I’ve been doing it since first lockdown and have it nailed now, I’m not sure if it’s because everything is cooked fresh and 90% healthy foods or the time of day i eat is very early so I’m constantly in effect fasting, I’ve worked out 154lb and 10% body fat works for me, I’m light for climbing and have enough energy for long hard club rides (those were the days). As for cycling I did well over 8000 miles last year and my goal is 9000 this year, in fact this week I’ve increased time on bike from 8-10 hours to 9-11 hours, food intake will be adjusted accordingly.
    Must take a massive amount of discipline to start with? How many calories a dinner? How do you keep the hunger at bay, lots of coffee? Must be saving a lot in food bills.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • itboffin
    No idea about calories but I don’t use things like butter cream cheese or anything processed if I can but if a recipe has those items I’ll reduce the amounts, lots of fresh veg in fact I’ve been alternating vegan, veggie, seafoods and meat diets, hunger is fine because the main meal is very large, I drink plenty of water and beer, a handful of mixed nuts and raisins in the evening. I had to cut my coffee habit from 10+ cups a day to 1 because it was making me unwell, as for food bills yep down from £2k a month with loads of waste to £250 with absolutely zero waste, hence beans with my steak.

I find it really annoying that packs of some veg are so big it’s almost impossible not to waste food
  • seanoconn
    2k a month!
  • itboffin
    seanoconn said:

2k a month!

Some times a lot more, fixed that problem by divorcing the source of the problem 😂
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited March 2021
    I think all these fad diets are bollocks to be honest.

Three meals a day, nothing banned, just eat things in moderation and if you want to lose weight, consume less calories than you burn off.

I can't fathom how you could spend £2k a month on food bills, but then again, one of the months before lockdown I went through the bank statement and we spent £600 that month and teas, coffee, cakes and lunches on our says out, not even dinners out.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    elbowloh said:

I think all these fad diets are bollocks to be honest.

Yep [no offence ITB]

I eat like a horse.
    I don't do nearly enough bike miles.
    I love cheese, cream and loads of carbs ...and protein ...and veg...and salad in large quantities. Love pastries and cake and biscuits. Dunking biscuits - Hobnobs, they're ace.

I'm 63kg's :)

However, i'm down to 1 coffee per day. No other caffeine - not even tea. I've substituted the tea's and coffees for Cocoa (with very little sugar). Not drinking chocolate before anyone starts jumping up and down a bit.

But i'm not as handsome as Seano.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • itboffin
    I’ve never been a fan of sweets biscuits cake or pudding so that was easy, I don’t know if OMAD diet is a fad it’s been a thing since humans as we know us existed because you’d spend all day finding hunting gathering your food eat it and that’s that, Palio diet type bs. Whatever it works for me, I could never be 63kg as I spent my youth in the gym so I’m still muscle up top even as an old git.

I think ultimately it’s about finding that balance of weight vs performance whilst being healthy ie not TDF GC Physique.

I dipped to 148lbs and felt drained tired and weak
  • itboffin

Fish pie upside down because it was in a pot in the freezer, nom!
  • pinno
    What's the herb ITB - Dill?
  • seanoconn
    Dill? I can see pepper and peas
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,603
    Sorry...

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • elbowloh
    itboffin said:

You have have gotten hoppy to load the pic, then it would have been the right way up!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

itboffin said:

You have have gotten hoppy to load the pic, then it would have been the right way up!
    Yeah.
  • seanoconn
    pangolin said:

Sorry...

Excellent 👍
  • itboffin
    pinno said:

What's the herb ITB - Dill?

Parsley peas and a shed load of pepper black & white, should have waited until after my turbo session before tucking in
  • itboffin
    elbowloh said:

itboffin said:

now that would be a clever trick turning my mash topping off the bottom of the plate
  • itboffin
    Just made Russian cabbage & carrot soup and damn it’s tasty, by far the most simple soup to make, sadly I won’t get to eat it until Thursday as tomorrow is ribs day 🤤
  • pinno
    Borscht is lovely.

Here's another Granary loaf I made:

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

Borscht is lovely.

He’s right you know. Have this various times of the year. Traditionally served with croquettes, pancakes stuffed with meat, fried in butter 😃

• itboffin

Nom nom nom
  • itboffin

Broke the OMAD rule today with soup for lunch
  • elbowloh
    itboffin said:

Nom nom nom

Some sort of chocolate eclair with chips, beans and sweetcorn?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    Gonna have gnocchi with tomato and black olives I reckon
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • itboffin
    elbowloh said:

Why? Why do that too yourself :s
  • elbowloh
    itboffin said:

elbowloh said:

Why? Why do that too yourself :s
    Because it's nice?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Mmm mmm, just had (first time in ages) thai style green style curry, chicken based with yellow not green peppers as didn't have any green in fridge. The Mae Ploy paste base flavour ingredient is a wee belter. And my collection of dried chillis from n years back are On It.

(Btw sowed some Thai Hot seeds from at least 2 years back, didn't grow any from seed last year due to domestic chaos, and v high % germination rate. They are toughies. #respeck)
  • elbowloh

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk