Frame bag rubbing legs?

18910111214»

Comments

• I could do with some of those magic bladders to keep my beer cold on holiday.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    'Attractions'
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    africabike.jpg
    More problems but still living....
  • amaferanga wrote:
    africabike.jpg
    Someone will nick those while he's at an attraction.
  • Chimera2018
    Chimera2018 Posts: 106
    I did one of the rides I was talking about yesterday. I took a 3 litre bladder, and guess what? I ran out. So all this business about how it was "too much" was the absolute cobblers that I said it was.

Oh and congratulations on encouraging people to contribute to the world plastic problem. Well done.

I think this may be the place I look for bike advice in future.
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    You waited a whole f****ing year for that! Well done you.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    What did you do when the water ran out?!???!?
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    I did one of the rides I was talking about yesterday. I took a 3 litre bladder, and guess what? I ran out. So all this business about how it was "too much" was the absolute cobblers that I said it was.

Oh and congratulations on encouraging people to contribute to the world plastic problem. Well done.

I think this may be the place I look for bike advice in future.
    What did you do when you ran out?
    Did you die of thirst by the roadside?
    Or did you get a top up?
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    MrB123 wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:
    Just to satisfy my curiosity, please tell us what the "attractions" are...

Richborough Caste for a start, and Buckingham Old Gaol (yes I know that's in a town.....). That's what I have in mind atm.

For the record, something I haven't mentioned is that I've been thinking of combining two of tours in the book to form one long tour of aprox 80 miles.

Richborough Castle. Don't they have a moat?
    Actually it doesn't. It isn't a castle either, it's a Roman fort. The ticket office/gift shop sells some basic refreshments.
  • bungle73
    bungle73 Posts: 758
    delete
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    After this thread I did a 300k, 12hr ride with 2x 1l bottles.

Guess what, I was fine.

Stopped at a newsagent for a coke and a top up, then stopped later on at a pub full of bemused farmers in rural Gloucestershire for a pint of coke and another top up. I think in the end I drank about 8-10l of fluids over the whole ride, although I wasnt counting. Carrying 10l would have just slowed me down loads.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Not sure it's been mentioned here, but yet more reliable sources of clean fresh water are:

Churches
    Yes, churches, all churches. In this country, they're everywhere. You'll almost always find a water tap either coming out of the church itself around the back, or in the gardens. I've yet to be disappointed.

Cemeteries
    Makes sense when you think about it, lots of mourners like to maintain graves of loved ones, for which they need water. You will always find standpipes dotted around cemeteries with clean fresh water.

If you're running out of water on bike rides in this country, you need to think a bit more.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    dodgy wrote:
    Not sure it's been mentioned here, but yet more reliable sources of clean fresh water are:

Churches
    Yes, churches, all churches. In this country, they're everywhere. You'll almost always find a water tap either coming out of the church itself around the back, or in the gardens. I've yet to be disappointed.

Cemeteries
    Makes sense when you think about it, lots of mourners like to maintain graves of loved ones, for which they need water. You will always find standpipes dotted around cemeteries with clean fresh water.

If you're running out of water on bike rides in this country, you need to think a bit more.

This thread is a wind up, but interesting points to note about water sources.