Frame bag rubbing legs?

Comments

• andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Maybe he's waiting for a shop to open, in a remote hamlet that has no internet connection
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Chimera2018 Last active:Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:57 pm
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Inspired !
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Imposter wrote:
    Chimera2018 Last active:Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Last active:Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:40 am
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,724
    C'mon Chimera, get back in here. You know you want to.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    orraloon wrote:
    Do we really want another 19 pages though?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Where's the post about filling waterproof paniers with water?
  • kingdav
    kingdav Posts: 417
    Perhaps it was a victim of the drought?
  • orraloon
    I'm guessing there's been a whine to the Mods (apparently there is such a thing still) about the 'and inhale' exhortation? :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oooooh - just had a thought.

why doesn't he canulate his scrotum and fill that full of water? he can then do a second canula and run a tube from scrotum to mouth.

bit like Buster Gonad but only on a bike.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    Sniper68 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Do we really want another 19 pages though?
    Made for some entertaining holiday reading for me. Just back from a week with the 3yo grandtwins and I did note the resemblances, the "I WANT, I WANT..." possibly to the sound of drumming feet. Happy days. 8)
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    orraloon wrote:
    I'm guessing there's been a whine to the Mods (apparently there is such a thing still) about the 'and inhale' exhortation? :)

Yeah, it's been removed but I've not received any notification as to why. I thought it was a sensible suggestion, personally.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    Peat wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Yeah, it's been removed but I've not received any notification as to why. I thought it was a sensible suggestion, personally.

Possibly following a complaint from one of the water companies. In view of the impending drought we all need to be responsible with our water consumption - no baths, keep your showers short and only two 500ml bidons for a day tour round the attractions of rural Kent.
  • orraloon
    Copied from a post by a TCR6 entrant on their Facebook group. Bike prepped and ready. 3,900km to go. Nope, can't see the water tanker either...

bgy49e.jpg
  • shirley_basso
    Gearing wrong for photos. Sun glare. Bottle cage tool bottle looks to cause overlap. Clip on bars. Saddle angle.
  • cougie
    Done many 4000km rides yourself Shirley ?
  • shirley_basso
    Do you have a sense of humour cougie?

Just joking referencing the OCD poser thread and the somewhat diverted scenic bike pic thread.

Nevertheless, the tool bottle does look like it may overlap. Probably just the angle.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Do you have a sense of humour cougie?

Just joking referencing the OCD poser thread and the somewhat diverted scenic bike pic thread.

Nevertheless, the tool bottle does look like it may overlap. Probably just the angle.
    I would swap the tool bottle for stove top espresso and primus stove.
  • orraloon
    Tbf to the owner, he/she did mention that the bottle(s) needed sorting out, but I wanted to keep it simple for the benefit of our OP footstamper.

Got your tie to the OCD bike pics :)
  • kingdav
    Hope he has better luck with the frame than gruffy did on the trans am.
  • cougie
    Good news for the parched south east..

https://twitter.com/MIWWaterCoolers/sta ... 63105?s=19
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    I just read all 20 pages. WOW!! What a magnificent read.

Once I stopped at a shop for a drink and a Mars Bar. I then topped up my bottles, chatted. Got about 5 mins down the road and realised they were not there. I thought they had been stolen.

Alas upon return to the shop a whole 10-15 minutes later in a built up area. They were still there. A true miracle.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Twice in the last week I've seen two Camelbak Podium insulated water bottles left behind. They're worth a tenner and nobody nicked them whilst I was there.
  • kingdav
    Now here's a thing!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roswheel-Water ... B07319L6DC
    71HDZZ9CbEL._SL1000_.jpg
    amazon wrote:
    Waterproof: Difficult to be infiltrated by the water drop with water repellent characteristics. It also can be a water bag to carry your water or fishes inside.

That's right, if you need to take your fishes bike-packing with you, this is the bag for you.
  • orraloon
    That seat angle looks a bit weird.
  • fenix
    But the 12lb salmon hanging off it doesn't ??
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    This is amazing, great way to spend my coffee break reading through this.

This was the highlight for me..
    HaydenM wrote:
    This is another 'fact' we disagree on. I race national level enduro mountain bike races with bladders in rucksacks and the do warm up. If these are both facts then something is going on here...

If you say so. I did an MTB ride a few weeks ago, that consisted of several steep ascents of the North Downs, and still the same result.

Stop talking sh1te Hayden, what would you know? :lol:
  • Craigus89 wrote:

HaydenM wrote:
    This is another 'fact' we disagree on. I race national level enduro mountain bike races with bladders in rucksacks and the do warm up. If these are both facts then something is going on here...

If you say so. I did an MTB ride a few weeks ago, that consisted of several steep ascents of the North Downs, and still the same result.

So I'm a liar am I? If there's anyone lying here it's not me. I've used bladders for day trips and the water has stayed cool all day, and that is a FACT.

But as I've seen from the rest of this thread hardly anyone is the slightest bit interested in anything i have to say, or what my needs are. You're all far more interested in trying to dictate my life.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Craigus89 wrote:

HaydenM wrote:

So I'm a liar am I? If there's anyone lying here it's not me. I've used bladders for day trips and the water has stayed cool all day, and that is a FACT.

But as I've seen from the rest of this thread hardly anyone is the slightest bit interested in anything i have to say, or what my needs are. You're all far more interested in trying to dictate my life.

Q. Were these day trips in Winter?
  • fenix
    LOL !!