World Cup 2018

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    England shouldn't have much problem against Colombia, but Switzerland might pïss on our chips.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    mfin wrote:
    England shouldn't have much problem against Colombia, but Switzerland might pïss on our chips.

Colombia 2 England 1 with Pickford responsible for at least one of the goals.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,818
    Columbia got to the quarters last World Cup didn’t they?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,952
    Can we agree that Colombia is the country and Columbia is the university, record label or defunct cycling team?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    joe2008 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

Pickford removes England?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,712
    Watching the France - Argentina game at the airport. One of them has to go home shortly so either way I'm happy :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Watching the France - Argentina game at the airport. One of them has to go home shortly so either way I'm happy :)

And it’s Argentina on the plane!!

The sponsors are going to have to work overtime to shoehorn Lionel Messi in as the player of the tournament this time!!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,729
    I'm sure I heard on one of the (many) kickball podcasts, the one where they get Paddy Power sponsorship, James Richardson's Totally Football probably, that Mbappe was at 150:1 to get the golden boot award. Drat, should have put on that tenner when I thought about it...
  • crispybug2
    So Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo will meet in this tournament after all

In the airport lounge before the flight home!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    joe2008 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

I'm with Kirsty
  • crispybug2
    Just realised that the teams who have been our biggest nemesis’s over the last few major football tournaments, Germany Portugal and Argentina, have all been knocked out!! So we should be fine for future matches and penalty shootouts right?
    Or more likely we’ll find ourselves a new nemesis!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,712
    crispybug2 wrote:
    So Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo will meet in this tournament after all

In the airport lounge before the flight home!
    And as an added bonus, that fat cheating druggie Maradona gets packed off home as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,818
    Can we agree that Colombia is the country and Columbia is the university, record label or defunct cycling team?

Soz.

Smartphone keyboards innit
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Robert88 wrote:
    joe2008 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

Is it me or is he too short?
  • crispybug2
    Robert88 wrote:
    joe2008 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

He’s 6’ 1” but to put that into some sort of perspective Fabien Barthez, 1998 World Cup winner with France, was 5’ 11” so being 6’ 4” or above isn’t the be all and end all!
  • crispybug2
    I love a penalty shoot out!!!*

* As long as it doesn’t involve England!!
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    High Drama! Was a bit annoyed having drawn Spain in the sweepstake, but ultimately probably good for the tournament that the hosts stay in it a bit longer.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,729
    The MFs may have some insider knowledge?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,957
    So one of Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, England or Colombia will be world cup finalists.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,952
    So one of Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, England or Colombia will be world cup finalists.

Or to put it another way
    Croatia will be world cup finalists
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,866
    Playing France obviously. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    joe2008 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

He’s 6’ 1” but to put that into some sort of perspective Fabien Barthez, 1998 World Cup winner with France, was 5’ 11” so being 6’ 4” or above isn’t the be all and end all!

Having stood next to a number of professional footballers I would not rush to believe their stats.

Barthez got found out and moved out of Utd
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

And Belgium (or have they gone out while I was at work?)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    orraloon wrote:
    The MFs may have some insider knowledge?

Well, we weren't going to say I told you so, but .....

GET IN YOU LITTLE DANCER!!!!!!!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531

or they might be in the other half of the draw :wink:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,957

Belgium are pencilled in for elimination at the hands (or more likely feet) of France a week Tuesday :wink:
  • Matthewfalle

Belgium are pencilled in for elimination at the hands (or more likely feet) of France a week Tuesday :wink:

Coolio - grazie.

Or are they?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,866

More likely feet, but it could be hands the way this tournament is going.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    England vs Russia in the final. Moscow rules.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    So how much is it costing the Russian FA to buy all these victories?