World Cup 2018

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,702
    Just left work. Streets deserted in central London. Occasional loud roars emitting from anywhere with a bar and a telly. Is there a match on?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sitting in the back garden eating a curry Pot Noodle.

its silent here. well, more silent than normal.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    And they were so close!!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Oh dear....
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    World Cup history repeating itself and all that penalty malarkey as I can’t see us or them getting a goal
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    And I don’t think they’ll be graceful enough to give us another penalty in extra time
  • crispybug2
    Once Colombia stopped kicking lumps out of everyone and everything they looked a decent side!
  • bianchimoon
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Once Colombia stopped kicking lumps out of everyone and everything they looked a decent side!
    Yup it was like they were playing rope a dope until penalty, now they’re playing amateur dramatics, England’s penalty reputation goes before them Columbia will be looking to hold on till then, tho England look like they’re nervous now
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806
    Anyone thinking there is only one side utilising the dark acts is blinkered.
    By the way, Maguire at the throw in, WTAF?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I thought that was the point being partisan? But scuffing the penalty spot is pretty dark. Still I reckon it’s academic now! Can’t understa how rashford didn’t get a game
  • bianchimoon
    Quiet impressed with Jamie vardy being able to chew gum and blow bubbles while playing, how the fork does he breathe properly with that in his mouth?
  • pblakeney
    Quiet impressed with Jamie vardy being able to chew gum and blow bubbles while playing, how the fork does he breathe properly with that in his mouth?
    Turning point in the shape?
    Vardy coming on, or Ali going off? Nothing against either. Just the shape didn't seem the same.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I thought that was the point being partisan? But scuffing the penalty spot is pretty dark. Still I reckon it’s academic now! Can’t understa how rashford didn’t get a game
    Nah. Don't do partisan. Not a solid ground to base any debates on.
    PBlakeney wrote:
    A worrying thought. Every knockout game that has gone to penalties are the ones that I've watched live.
    All the knockout games that I have watched live have gone to penalties. I am watching live tonight.

Warned you.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • bianchimoon
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Turning point in the shape?
    Vardy coming on, or Ali going off? Nothing against either. Just the shape didn't seem the same.
    Possibly but main turning point was us scoring and then combination of them trying harder and us sitting deep, inevitable happens, still vardy might be a better penalty taker than alli?
  • bianchimoon
    Who’d have thunk it :shock:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Phew.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bianchimoon
    That’s laid that one to rest!
  • crispybug2
    Holy f*cking sh*t!!!!

England have won a penalty shoot out!!
  • pblakeney
    Job done.
    Not convinced.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • bianchimoon
    Might as well give us our cup now :D:D:D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Relief.

Bye bye Colombia.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Get in
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Fookin hell we won on penalties. Could it be!?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,955
    That's why I feared Colombia, they made the game even more horrible than I expected in places. Should make Sweden seem like a genteel game of cricket on the village green in comparison. No idea whether that favours England winning though, I'm done with predictions this world cup.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Looks like the Colombian team aren't the only cheating ****s to be disappointed this evening :D
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/diego-maradona-wears-colombia-shirt-12847065
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Love Ian Wrights enthusiasm.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    So a team who England have only beaten once in the last 6 times.

Better then Brazil but I imagine the Swedes are salivating...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Alli needs to admit he's not fit.
    Rashford needs to start in front of Sterling.
    More of the same from Kane - his holdup play tonight was textbook.

Sweden will employ shithousery just as effectively as the Colombians.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    What a fantastic penalty stop from Pickford. :D:D:D:D

We've got as much chance as anybody else of getting to the final now, England's play got broken up by Colombia fouling Kane every time he looked at the ball.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    finchy wrote:
    What a fantastic penalty stop from Pickford. :D:D:D:D

We've got as much chance as anybody else of getting to the final now, England's play got broken up by Colombia fouling Kane every time he looked at the ball.

which ultimately worked as he looked injured by the end of the game and stopped influencing things not long after the 2nd half started :(

slightly concerned me post match too when Pickford referred to the Belgium keepers jibe at his height,as it shows it something he is very much thinking about still, instead of just ignoring it and focussing on the now, so for all the mind management stuff they talk about theyve been doing, they need to nix that before the Sweden game as the Swedes are the tallest team apparently left in the tournament and I can imagine there will be lots of balls lobbed into the penalty area for Swedish players to win free headers from.

its got one of those classic Stoke v West Ham kind of Premiership quality games written all over it :roll: so expect more penalties