World Cup 2018

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Quiet impressed with Jamie vardy being able to chew gum and blow bubbles while playing, how the fork does he breathe properly with that in his mouth?

Really is an impressive human achievement. Einstein wasted his time with relativity. Mozart too landing on the moon - all worthless in comparison.

People who are impressed are GREAT commentators on the sate of mankind.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    FishFish wrote:
    Quiet impressed with Jamie vardy being able to chew gum and blow bubbles while playing, how the fork does he breathe properly with that in his mouth?

Really is an impressive human achievement. Einstein wasted his time with relativity. Mozart too landing on the moon - all worthless in comparison.

Having poured* over you're last para, can you explain HOW mankind is sated?

* my covfefe.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    Better then Brazil but I imagine the Swedes are salivating...

Gary Neville made a good point.

England aren't being arrogant when they talk about the easier side of the draw, everyone on that side of the draw is thinking the same.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

* my covfefe.
    That’ll blow the yandex translation engine if he tries to explain
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    England are slight favourites against Sweden for me, not an easy side to play against but I don't think they are quite as good as Colombia who looked good once they decided to concentrate on the game rather than disrupting the game. Switzerland did have a lot of shots, I didn't see the game so they may have been speculative but it suggests maybe they aren't that solid at the back.

If we both get there Croatia will be a more difficult test but I don't think they have a huge amount of quality up front which may give us a reasonable chance.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Just been reading the comments online about it, it turns out a lot of people from countries with aren't England thought the ref was on our side. I'm usually the first to laugh at the GF's mum (for example) for being irrational about her team but, were they watching the same match? Columbia were dreadful in that regard...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,665
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

* my covfefe.

Never mind that, when did Mozart land on the moon?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Turning point in the shape?
    Vardy coming on, or Ali going off? Nothing against either. Just the shape didn't seem the same.
    Possibly but main turning point was us scoring and then combination of them trying harder and us sitting deep, inevitable happens, still vardy might be a better penalty taker than alli?
    Vardy will be telling his mates "I was sixth on the list for the penalties, honest mate"
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Sweden will employ shithousery just as effectively as the Colombians.

Absolutely no chance.

disclaimer - I'm not expecting them to be angels, but only other south american's could out-c*nt those colombians last night. A ref with any sort of control of the game would have sent at least 2 of them off last night - he was a farking joke.
  • dinyull
    Dinyull wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Absolutely no chance.

disclaimer - I'm not expecting them to be angels, but only other south american's could out-c*nt those colombians last night. A ref with any sort of control of the game would have sent at least 2 of them off last night - he was a farking joke.

And probably Henderson to be fair.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Dinyull wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Absolutely no chance.

And probably Henderson to be fair.

Henderson was as lucky as the little Colombian sh1thouse, in that regard. I'm sure Southgate will have a word.

I don't share your optimism over Sweden - they can out-c*nt anyone on their day.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Incredible that the ref tolerated 3 minutes of protestation from the Colombians after giving England the penalty.

Time to get your cards out mate.

Colombia a decent team when they actually bothered to play football. Did laugh at Kane consistently drawing fouls every time he got the ball in the second half, just a bugger they got the equaliser - could well see Sweden scoring a similar goal to that one though.
  • bianchimoon
    mrfpb wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Turning point in the shape?
    Vardy coming on, or Ali going off? Nothing against either. Just the shape didn't seem the same.
    Possibly but main turning point was us scoring and then combination of them trying harder and us sitting deep, inevitable happens, still vardy might be a better penalty taker than alli?
    Vardy will be telling his mates "I was sixth on the list for the penalties, honest mate"
    Was wondering why a 'striker' didn't take a penalty
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    Still baffled as to why Sterling gets to start in international football, always seems so ineffective, loses out in just about every tackle, no killer passes, defenders breathe on him and he loses his balance. Playing exactly the same this world cup as he finished last Euros
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Yeah. Gaz needs to think long and hard before starting Ali and Sterling again. Neither very effective, Ali not very fit, certainly where 120 minutes is a possibility.

About the only thing I can remember Sterling doing in the game was brushing against a Colombian defender a clear foot taller than him, built like a brick shithouse, who went down like he'd been shot.
  • bianchimoon
    TimothyW wrote:
    Yeah. Gaz needs to think long and hard before starting Ali and Sterling again. Neither very effective, Ali not very fit, certainly where 120 minutes is a possibility.

About the only thing I can remember Sterling doing in the game was brushing against a Colombian defender a clear foot taller than him, built like a brick shithouse, who went down like he'd been shot.
    haha did you see the look on sterlings face when that happened, his jaw dropped "did i really do that" :lol:
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    joe2008 wrote:
    Colombia 2 England 1 with Pickford responsible for at least one of the goals.

I thought this was looking good in the first half of extra time when England couldn't string two passes together.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    TimothyW wrote:

Yeh Ali's not fit and it's about time he was honest about it. But I'm also surprised none of the coaching staff can see it as it's blatantly obvious all the way over here in North London!

Sterling's end product is non-existent and the Swedes will completely nullify him. We should be looking to play either Rashford or Vardy off Kane to try to expose the Sweden back four's lack of relative pace.

I know, everyone's an expert, but some of this is obvious stuff.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dinyull
    TimothyW wrote:
    Incredible that the ref tolerated 3 minutes of protestation from the Colombians after giving England the penalty.

Time to get your cards out mate.

That was his chance to get a hold of the game and put a stop to it. They only calmed down a bit because of the goal, not because it wasn't working. I've seen better sunday league refs.

If Sweden do go after us in the same way, Southgate needs a word with Henderson and Maguire. We were doing so well at ignoring it/ getting on with it, but there comes a point where you can't help yourself.

But I can't see anyone being as bad as them last night.
  • dinyull
    Vardy's injured, hence no pen. Groin strain.

Probably means more Sterling, and although I don't want to jump on his performances as it's a common trend, he should be fearing for his place. He needs to surrounded by superstars ala Liverpool and Citeh.
  • hantstooflat
    hantstooflat Posts: 122
    My work colleagues have defended Sterling's work rate but I find that him, Ali and Lingard lack a decent first touch (in this tournament) and an ability to hold up the ball further up the pitch. Too often the ball is lost and straight back into our half of the pitch.
    “Jij bent niet van suiker gemaakt”
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,387
    Ben6899 wrote:

Henderson was as lucky as the little Colombian sh1thouse, in that regard. I'm sure Southgate will have a word.

I don't share your optimism over Sweden - they can out-c*nt anyone on their day.

It was pretty inexcusable for him to pick up a yellow after we had been awarded the penalty - unprofessional I'm afraid - otherwise, I think he's been great
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    From what I’ve seen of Vardy in this tournament he has looked like he causes teams problems. Not necessarily a massive scoring threat so far but chases and harries every ball and looks like a nightmare for defenders with tired legs. I don’t think England have been tested yet, apart from Belgium, but the sign of a good team is one that ekes out a win when not necessarily setting the world alight. I think they have the potential this year to do it, there will never be a better chance with so many of the normal contenders failing to progress or on track to eliminate each other. Beware the Russians though, they may not be the purest footballing team but the hosts are always dangerous.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • robert88
    Aye, the Russians are always dangerous.
  • bianchimoon
    Robert88 wrote:
    Aye, the Russians are always dangerous.
    Very, I wouldn’t like to play them at home in Salisbury
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,687
    But but Vardy had AN INJECTION immediately after the match on Tuesday. Paging Dan Roan, paging Dan Roan, we need that fearless seeker after the truth to reveal full details of his medical history, his performance stats during the game and indeed since he has been a professional kickballer, we need Southgate to explain oh absolutely everything. Else the shadow of those suspicions cannot be removed, ever.

Ah wait. All ok. Is not pro cycling. As you were.
  • robert88
    It may not be pro-cycling but it could be a Nadal/Federer final.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    orraloon wrote:
    But but Vardy had AN INJECTION immediately after the match on Tuesday. Paging Dan Roan, paging Dan Roan, we need that fearless seeker after the truth to reveal full details of his medical history, his performance stats during the game and indeed since he has been a professional kickballer, we need Southgate to explain oh absolutely everything. Else the shadow of those suspicions cannot be removed, ever.

Maybe he got a MEAT INJECTION.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Maybe he got a MEAT INJECTION.

Shame Frank Wilson got a ban, he'd be all over that one!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,504