World Cup 2018

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Robert88 wrote:
    England vs Russia in the final. Moscow rules.

There is quite literally zero chance of that.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

I always knew the competition was a fix. They don't like it up 'em.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Too early for all of this talk of the final....but the way the tournament has opened up on England's side of the draw, would be hilarious if we got to the final with most of the IIIINNNNGGGGEEEERRRRLLLAAANNNDDD fans sat back at home.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

Agree ten thousand seven hundred and forty two per cent because the MFs have decreed it will be PP vs Belgium and thus it shall be so.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

Agree ten thousand seven hundred and forty two per cent because the MFs have decreed it will be PP vs Belgium and thus it shall be so.
    Not looking likely at the mo, unless there’s a great turnaround by the Belgians... formbook ripped up :o
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    They've pulled one back but tbh everyone seems to be shockingly awful apart from PP.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    :oops: Sellotape for the formbook please
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    Oooooh - so exciting! Am meant to be preparing some lessons but have decided to watch the footy instead.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Think the belgs have it in the bag now, fellani too much of Ariel threat for Japanese, but that could mean a sneaky goal for the Japanese, changing my mind with every attack :D
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,695
    Ooo, that was a good one. Good watching for a kickball match.
  • Matthewfalle
    Frites et mayonnaise!

Looks like the MFs were right, again.................

LISTEN TO SMITHY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Having just seen the highlights from the Brazil vs Mexico match I worry for Neymar, he clearly has the lowest pain threshold of any human on the planet!!*

*or he’s a cheating f*cking scumbag trying to get another player, I don’t know it’s so hard to decide!
  • Matthewfalle
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Having just seen the highlights from the Brazil vs Mexico match I worry for Neymar, he clearly has the lowest pain threshold of any human on the planet!!*

*or he’s a cheating f*cking scumbag trying to get another player, I don’t know it’s so hard to decide!

The MFs thinks its a mixture of three things:

1. He's tired of being kicked off the park all the time. This happened to Pele years ago and everyone ignored it until 20 years later. The guys a tad tasty on the pitch, so I can see why the opposition want to take him out, but if I was kicking chunks out of him all the time I think that after a while I'd feel sorry for him.

2 & 3: As above.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    The Mexican should have been sent off or at the very least yellow carded but I actually felt embarrassment for Neymar for the over-reaction. Why not just clutch the leg and scream in pain? The rolling around makes it look fake, who actually moves about a lot when they are genuinely injured? You want to keep the injured part as still as possible.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,389
    Pross wrote:
    Why not just clutch the leg and scream in pain? The rolling around makes it look fake, who actually moves about a lot when they are genuinely injured? You want to keep the injured part as still as possible.

Now that it seems to have discouraged teams from grappling in the penalty area to some degree, post match recourse to VAR for this and other simulation with the penalty of a yellow card if found "guilty" would seem to me to be the next logical step in the use of the technology. It is the one recurring gripe among many watchers of the game.

Apart from the incredible scoring sequence in Belgium v Japan last night, it was really refreshing to see an almost complete lack of such simulation and con-artistry last night.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • robert88
    Colombia simply aren't the team they were. England just need to keep scoring, no defensive rubbish - I can envisage Panama all over again.
  • Matthewfalle
    No need to worry about Sweden methinks.

PP will reign supreme.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    No need to worry about Sweden methinks.

PP will reign supreme.
    I think even the Sweden fans will be going straight home after that!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    One of the worst teams I've ever seen in the last eight.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bianchimoon
    39:25 I don’t think we’re going to improve until Southgate puts sterling out of his misery and subs him
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Hope england get stuffed, humiliated and put in jail.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • bianchimoon
    Columbia are a pi$$ poor team... dire
  • bianchimoon
    FishFish wrote:
    Hope england get stuffed, humiliated and put in jail.
    Does it have to be in that order? :D
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    edited July 2018
    A worrying thought. Every knockout game that has gone to penalties are the ones that I've watched live.
    All the knockout games that I have watched live have gone to penalties. I am watching live tonight.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    The way they’re playing it’s the only way anyone’s going to score via a penalty
  • robert88
    Kane will pull out all the stops in the 2nd half and it's good night Colombia.
  • bianchimoon
    Robert88 wrote:
    Kane will pull out all the stops in the 2nd half and it's good night Colombia.
    If rashford replace sterling he might have a chance
  • bianchimoon
    Resorting to dark tactics Columbia, even the trainer getting in on the act, amazingly sterling stayed on his feet, if only he could do that on the pitch
  • bianchimoon
    Half time and Columbia staying deep and playing for extra time and penalties methinks