• RichN95 wrote:
    Niki Terpstra is going to Direct Energie

A bit of a leftfield one that.

Excuse me?

tenor.gif
  • DE going for WT
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Typical Lefevre move, non? Move riders on once he can't afford them...

Presumably Direct Energie will get all the spring wild card entries and thus give Terpstra a decent salary?
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    dish_dash wrote:
    Typical Lefevre move, non? Move riders on once he can't afford them...

Presumably Direct Energie will get all the spring wild card entries and thus give Terpstra a decent salary?

PLs no fool - NT would be after a tidy sum as a 2 time Monument + WT 1 day winner. QS would be paying for the palmares rather than the potential he'd win another one (which is less likely I'd say - he's 34.) They've got more than enough young talent coming through and probably want to give the Flandrian's Flandrian Lampert his shot at leadership.

Not sure how NT will fit at DE though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    The Izagirres are leaving Bahrain becuase they asked for too much money. Rumoured to be going to UAE.

Filippo Ganna rumoured to be moving from UAE to Sky as he wants to focus on the track up to Tokyo 2020 (Pinarello supply the Italian track bikes)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Does seem that Terpstra wasn’t widely liked in the squad and showed he could solo to wins. Didn’t see that coming though.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Gweeds wrote:
    Does seem that Terpstra wasn’t widely liked in the squad and showed he could solo to wins. Didn’t see that coming though.

I don't see him getting another big one outside of "The Wolfpack".. QS attack over the pave has been substantially weakened though, unless there is another plan
  • Larry Ten-Dam to BMC-CCC
    Alex Kirsch to Trek Segafredo
    Matthias Brändle to Israel Cycling Academy
    Ruber Guerreiro to Katusha-Alpecin.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,193
    edited August 2018
    Gweeds wrote:

Worth remembering that Lefevre doesn't actually have a 2019 title sponsor for the team as of now
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,193
    Delete - dupe
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Ganna to Sky?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Apparently he’s 6’5” and 76kg :shock:
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Does anyone know where Booooooo Hani shakka lakka is going ?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Will Fotheringham suggests interest from Direct Energie fwiw
  • There was a good piece on INRNG on the futitlity of applying for a WT licence, suggesting it might be a marketing ploy from Direct Energie to show the fans they have "passion"
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,595
    awavey wrote:
    Rochelle Gilmore confirms Wiggle High5 team to close/cease at end of this season, has a video if you're interested "Wiggle High5 2013-2018" https://youtu.be/iS1DehymLZI

Have we done the Team Wiggins to drop the men’s team and take over an established women’s team that’s available?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    CarbonClem wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    Rochelle Gilmore confirms Wiggle High5 team to close/cease at end of this season, has a video if you're interested "Wiggle High5 2013-2018" https://youtu.be/iS1DehymLZI

Have we done the Team Wiggins to drop the men’s team and take over an established women’s team that’s available?

Really? That's good and bad in equal measure.
  • carbonclem
    BigMat wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:
    awavey wrote:

Really? That's good and bad in equal measure.

He said most of the current team have got deals going onwards (I presume he means just those that are really likely to succeed) and the gap in the women’s market is currently in greater need of being filled. He says it stacks up commercially too.

It was at a Q&A where Rochelle Gilmore was in attendance , so draw you’re own conclusions :)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    Lars Bak to Dimension Data.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308
    andyp wrote:
    Lars Bak to Dimension Data.

Interesting. Could be working for Valgren.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Shocking news - Pinot to stay at Groupama-FDJ until 2020 :wink:
  • andyp
    r0bh wrote:
    Rumour (started by Kenny Pryde on twitter) of Harry Tanfield to Katusha

Now confirmed.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Big step up but massive potential.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • carbonclem
    Porte confirmed to Trek
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Porte confirmed to Trek
    Should be a useful domestique for my man Sosa. :wink:
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • andyp
    Tanel Kangert is joining EF Education First.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    andyp wrote:

Wow. He's disappeared from the radar a bit, but signing for them? Really?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    gsk82 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Wow. He's disappeared from the radar a bit, but signing for them? Really?

He does stellar donkey work at Astana fwiw. Useful support rider with plenty of experience, it's a good signing I reckon
  • Alex Kirsch deserves a chance at the big time. Really pleased for him after he took a step back once Stolting/Rose ended.
  • andyp wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    Rumour (started by Kenny Pryde on twitter) of Harry Tanfield to Katusha

Now confirmed.
    Great news this. Can’t wait to see what he can do.