2019 Transfers - Rumours and Confirmations

Comments

• indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Greipel confirmed signing for Fortuneo-Samsic.

I think it's a good signing. He may not be at his best but he's still a presence in GT and Classic races.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Ironic (non-cycling) transfer of the day the journalist that reported Froome's leaked salbutamol test and dragged Sky's name through he mud has joined Sky News.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Dannbodge wrote:
    Lucan wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    Rochelle Gilmore confirms Wiggle High5 team to close/cease at end of this season, has a video if you're interested "Wiggle High5 2013-2018" https://youtu.be/iS1DehymLZI

Weird video. I’ve come to beautiful Majorca, put on my best togs and filmed a glossy (self) promo video to tell all of you at Wiggle You’re being made redundant because I’m single and I never get to go to weddings like normal folk. Most odd.

What a strange video.
    Here's how many more people we are going to make redundant than if we'd folded after a year.

And what a strange looking woman. Has she had facial surgery? A cycling accident, perhaps?

Think she lives in Majorca. And agree looks like she's hammered the botox. Saw her with the riders outside the team bus at the end of the Vuelta last year (after the Women's race). Always appears to dress up to the nines which was a bit of a contrast.

Even weirder that she refers to everyone and everything as "we have"
    Surely it should be "we had".

Massive shame that they aren't carrying on.
    However, as long as Macey Stewart and Amy Cure keep sticking stuff on Instagram, I'm happy.

She's telling people what the team currently comprises, so that people will a) understand what the team folding will actually mean, b) if they want to buy it what they will be getting and c) what she has managed to achieve in the face of a sport that really doesn't give a rat's testicle about women's cycling.

As for the comments on her appearance. Can women just not be successful without people having to comment on their appearance. So blooming predictable.

The comments on Rochelle a successful athlete and team builder are not only predictable they’re offensive mysoginist blurtings and almost certainley from people who haven’t achieved anything.

Still being alive and breeding don’t count as achievements
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Teuns to Bahrain-Merida. 2 year deal.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • RichN95.
    Daniel Navarro who retired from competitive cycling* in 2013 is joining Katusha

*(Joined Cofidis)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

*(Joined Cofidis)

Cold
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Dannbodge wrote:
    Lucan wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    Rochelle Gilmore confirms Wiggle High5 team to close/cease at end of this season, has a video if you're interested "Wiggle High5 2013-2018" https://youtu.be/iS1DehymLZI

Weird video. I’ve come to beautiful Majorca, put on my best togs and filmed a glossy (self) promo video to tell all of you at Wiggle You’re being made redundant because I’m single and I never get to go to weddings like normal folk. Most odd.

What a strange video.
    Here's how many more people we are going to make redundant than if we'd folded after a year.

And what a strange looking woman. Has she had facial surgery? A cycling accident, perhaps?

Think she lives in Majorca. And agree looks like she's hammered the botox. Saw her with the riders outside the team bus at the end of the Vuelta last year (after the Women's race). Always appears to dress up to the nines which was a bit of a contrast.

However, as long as Macey Stewart and Amy Cure keep sticking stuff on Instagram, I'm happy.

She's telling people what the team currently comprises, so that people will a) understand what the team folding will actually mean, b) if they want to buy it what they will be getting and c) what she has managed to achieve in the face of a sport that really doesn't give a rat's testicle about women's cycling.

As for the comments on her appearance. Can women just not be successful without people having to comment on their appearance. So blooming predictable.

The comments on Rochelle a successful athlete and team builder are not only predictable they’re offensive mysoginist blurtings and almost certainley from people who haven’t achieved anything.

Ah, poor snowflake.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,445
    RichN95 wrote:

*(Joined Cofidis)

Why did he go to Cofidis in the first place? He was a talented rider and presumably had other offers. I can't imagine Cofidis were offering the biggest pay day so the only thing I can think is he knew he was guaranteed a Tour ride as team leader.
  • RichN95.
    Michael Valgren is joining Dimension Data. A much needed winner for them.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,283
    RichN95 wrote:
    Michael Valgren is joining Dimension Data. A much needed winner for them.

This is a biggie. Gobsmacked, despite hearing that his new team would be surprising. Really hope he does well there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Vino'sGhost
    Lucan wrote:
    Dannbodge wrote:
    Lucan wrote:
    awavey wrote:

What a strange video.

Ah, poor snowflake.

There’s nothing snowflake about me, you’re just being a co ck
  • Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

*(Joined Cofidis)

Why did he go to Cofidis in the first place? He was a talented rider and presumably had other offers. I can't imagine Cofidis were offering the biggest pay day so the only thing I can think is he knew he was guaranteed a Tour ride as team leader.

Cofidid have large presence at Vuelta and Navarro has always done well for them there. I am sure his pay was very agreeable
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Lucan wrote:
    Dannbodge wrote:
    Lucan wrote:
    awavey wrote:

What a strange video.

Ah, poor snowflake.

There’s nothing snowflake about me, you’re just being a co ck

I wonder if it's just me that can't work out whether to laugh at how pathetic your posts are, or pity you?
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,336
    No it's not just you.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Ivan Sosa, supposedly the next Colombian wunderkind, to Trek Segafredo apparently.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    Transfers can be announced from August 1st. So new signings will start trickling through.

Meanwhile a list of Stagiaires: https://caferoubaix.com/2018/07/31/2018-stagiaires/

I noticed Ethan Hayter and Mark Donovon at Sky, Brayan 'brother of' Chaves at Mitchelton and Cyrus Monk at EF - surely this is a 90s action movie character.
    Just seen that Mark Donovan is down to ride the Tour De L'Avenir. Should be worth keeping an eye on. He was fourth overall in the Baby Giro.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,192
    TJvG to EF Education First Drapac

Where cycling careers go to die
  • *sigh*

I don't see that move going well for either party there.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    *sigh*

I don't see that move going well for either party there.
    It's not like BMC was going great for TJ, to be fair.
  • m.r.m.
    Well ideally he should be riding as a domestique for Dumoulin
  • Vino'sGhost
    r0bh wrote:
    TJvG to EF Education First Drapac

Where cycling careers go to die
    Lolol it’s last chance saloon isn’t it.

Uran is doing well there though. And the perennial second place classics guy too. I don’t think they have much of a budget tbf
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    BMCCCC have apparently made an offer to Gerraint Thomas...

(a cynic might also say that everyone probably has though)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Caleb Ewen to Lotto-Soudal
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver wrote:
    BMCCCC have apparently made an offer to Gerraint Thomas...

(a cynic might also say that everyone probably has though)

The interesting thing about this, if there is anything interesting about it, is that BMCCCC sounded like they were going to set up as a classics team....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

Epic Fail for Mitchelton Scott...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

Epic Fail for Mitchelton Scott...

Nah, they're moving toward being a GC team, with no space to carry a sprinter. Unless that's the fail you mean.
  • m.r.m.
    Were I running MS, I'd have done the same. The realistic opportunity of winning a(ny) GT is worth far more financially than the moderate amount of stage wins Ewan will bring as a sprinter.
    Sprinters seem to be losing value more and more in modern cycling. In the past even GC teams took sprinters to the Tour etc.
    Sky have shown that it is no longer a viable option and you need to choose your objective well in advance.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Were I running MS, I'd have done the same. The realistic opportunity of winning a(ny) GT is worth far more financially than the moderate amount of stage wins Ewan will bring as a sprinter.
    Sprinters seem to be losing value more and more in modern cycling. In the past even GC teams took sprinters to the Tour etc.
    Sky have shown that it is no longer a viable option and you need to choose your objective well in advance.
    I haven't seen any interviews or anything but isn't there a chance it could be Ewen jumping rather than being forced out as is being implied here - presumably he has seen the writing on the wall at that team. He isn't going to get GT rides with MS, and will get no support if he does.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,445
    Is Greipel moving on then?
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    Pross wrote:
    Is Greipel moving on then?
    Fortuneo
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/andre-g ... eo-samsic/